The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "The ESO Stream Team Returns To Morrowind For Three Weekends Of Fun"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
p99m42usuq2l.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "The ESO Stream Team Returns To Morrowind For Three Weekends Of Fun"

"Tune in to special livestreams from the ESO Stream Team over the next three weekends as part of our ongoing Return to Morrowind celebration."
hbkl1bsfjqmr.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 13, 2023 1:36PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we get the aardvark pet?
    It is only oroborus crates on thee drops
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

Streamers will be giving away codes. So check out anyone on the list above and you should have a shot at getting one.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LynneD
    LynneD
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I thought the pet giveaway was meant to be, you know, a giveaway. Not a contest to see who could spend the most money in what amounts to an auction to buy it.

pc99dpdazeu6.jpg

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LynneD wrote: »
    I guess I thought the pet giveaway was meant to be, you know, a giveaway. Not a contest to see who could spend the most money in what amounts to an auction to buy it.

pc99dpdazeu6.jpg

Streaming in general is cancerous practice. Essentially this is advertising.
    I stopped watching Television completely in the early 00s to avoid this type of crap.
    At least with the twitch drops crap I can just put a tab on my computer and mute it while I carry on.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Streamers will be giving away codes. So check out anyone on the list above and you should have a shot at getting one.

Well that is just wrong isn't it.
    Why on earth would I EVER voluntarily watch a twitch streamer.
    [snip]
    [edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 25, 2023 5:35PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Why on earth would I EVER voluntarily watch a twitch streamer.
    [snip]

EDIT: Moderator action left my comment, but it was out of context. Removed.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by Elsonso on March 1, 2023 2:35PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    So selling the Vvardvark then.
    I was wondering why it wasn't in a crate like most of the other pets through Twitch.
    I did reread the blurb and it does say streamers are giving away the pet. not giving it to the highest bidder. Can't trust anyone these days!.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So selling the Vvardvark then.
    I was wondering why it wasn't in a crate like most of the other pets through Twitch.
    I did reread the blurb and it does say streamers are giving away the pet. not giving it to the highest bidder. Can't trust anyone these days!.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some sort of competition is usually involved with these codes because I am guessing that they have a limited supply. They can't give one to every viewer. ZOS could do that, and should, but my guess is that they are trying to drive viewers to boost Twitch metrics, and that benefits the streamers.

Normally, the competition is just random drawings, sometimes with a game, and the only entry requirement is following the stream and typing in something in chat. Occasionally, viewers can invest stream points to improve their chances.

I rarely waste my time, as the size of the random drawing pool is large enough to discourage the thought of winning.

• Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming this is the pet I think it is... The better option to me for those that want it is to just wait for the Psijic crates to return and buy it for 16 gems worth of converted junk.

Then you can actually spend your valuable time playing the game instead of having to torturously spend it watching other people play the game in order to have a feeble chance at acquiring it.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] I will certainly not watch any of those streamers effectivly *selling* this pet (i.e. requiring the purchase of multiple gift accounts).
    Be very ashamed, ZOS.

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 28, 2023 4:43PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind ZOS using Twitch events for giveaways / drops.
    But...
    This seems like Streamers are just using it as a cash grab.

IMHO this is not a good thing for ZOS customers (players).
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    But...

I agree that a streamer who links the giveaway code to a monetary achievement related to the streamer is ... less than optimal. I have watched that streamer, and while I disagree with what he is doing, it does make a certain amount of sense, in context. In other words, I don't think there is, shall we say, 'evil intent' here.

As far as I know, he is the only one who did that. I am not sure what rules are in place for the streamers, and it would be somewhat interesting to find out if anything changes.

As for the whole "cash grab" part of this, I have to say that, while the term is pejorative, part of the purpose of this is to build stream engagement, which will result in secondary benefits for the streamers. Part of that will be monetary. I am certainly not opposed to that. Not even a little bit.

Live streaming games is work. Some of them just coast along, but others put effort into it and rise through the ranks to stand out. They are investing time and money into something that others want to watch and spend their time and money on. If they are doing good enough to make honest money at it, then that is great.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »
    But...

I agree that a streamer who links the giveaway code to a monetary achievement related to the streamer is ... less than optimal. I have watched that streamer, and while I disagree with what he is doing, it does make a certain amount of sense, in context. In other words, I don't think there is, shall we say, 'evil intent' here.

As far as I know, he is the only one who did that. I am not sure what rules are in place for the streamers, and it would be somewhat interesting to find out if anything changes.

As for the whole "cash grab" part of this, I have to say that, while the term is pejorative, part of the purpose of this is to build stream engagement, which will result in secondary benefits for the streamers. Part of that will be monetary. I am certainly not opposed to that. Not even a little bit.

Live streaming games is work. Some of them just coast along, but others put effort into it and rise through the ranks to stand out. They are investing time and money into something that others want to watch and spend their time and money on. If they are doing good enough to make honest money at it, then that is great.

Agreed, and although I am not generally into streaming, JHart does a really good job, and he features a lot of creative ESO housing in his streams, which I enjoy. Perhaps this was a somewhat guaranteed way to get the Vvardvark pet but he also did random drawings? Even if not, I agree with what you say and would not blame him or any streamer for using rewards as appreciation for those who support them. JHart does do a lot of random drawing giveaways too that don’t require spending anything — I won a nice furnishing! :blush:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 1, 2023 3:22PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been watching the ESO stream team for weeks and no one is giving a pet away, what a terrible an event! I should have been playing the game instead, waste of time.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been watching the ESO stream team for weeks and no one is giving a pet away, what a terrible an event! I should have been playing the game instead, waste of time.

Having these pets that are limited quantity means that they are more about watching streams at the right time than getting these pets out to players. :neutral:

I have seen streamers doing contests to give away the pet, so it does happen.