The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Re-installing what's already there?!?

vaak_lakai
Hey, had downloaded client and everything was working perfectly on the first day of early access. Shut down PC, went to bed. Opened the launcher today and now it wants to re-download the entire thing?! i can open and play the game directly from the folder skipping the launcher but whenever i open the launcher now it's the same thing, wanting to download again. Is there any way i can fix this and play through the launcher again without having to download all over again? because last time it took the best part of 3 days :( any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Anij
    Anij
    ✭✭
    Do you start the patcher or the launcher? I have this problem in beta too because i start the patcher.

Look in your ESO folder and start

Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

If it work make a new link on destop for quickstart.
  • vaak_lakai
    I'm pretty sure i'm starting the launcher, it was the exact same one i used to play yesterday and it was all working fine. Only now when i try to open it it starts to download again. But if i go into the Zenimax file and into game then client and open the game up from there i can log in and play fine and skip the launcher. I'm just guessing when i need to patch the game it will need the launcher which means downloading it all again. That's what i'm hoping i can skip because the download is so slow and my PC becomes almost unusable.
  • Anij
    Anij
    ✭✭
    Which file do you use to start the game?
  • vaak_lakai
    Thanks Anij for helping but i have sorted it now. Your help was much appreciated :) however after searching through these forums i found and tried something i read someone else say about backing up the folder and re naming it and then keep re opening the launcher until it says to repair instead of install. I clicked on repair and it went through the repair process now it all seems to be fine :) thanks again though for taking the time out for me Anij. Best of luck and happy adventuring