Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Visual bug - Visible Seam on the Standing Wave hairstyle

tomofhyrule
tomofhyrule
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I noticed a visual bug with the Crown Store "Standing Wave" hairstyle.

A character (male Dunmer, in this case) wearing the undyed "Standing Wave" has a very visual seam across the back of his neck. This seam is not present in the dyed "Standing Flame" version.
zRcjuXy.png

I also noticed a much more minor seam across the character's forehead that again does not exist in the dyed version.

Since they seem to share a model, would it be possible to fix the meshes and get rid of the seam in the undyed version? These inconsistencies do not seem to affect the Khajiit version, but they are still present (but more subdued) on the female Men/Mer version
Edited by tomofhyrule on February 22, 2023 4:59AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I think I see the problem.

In the "Standing Wave" style, the back of the neck is not snapped to the model correctly.
    NshEgALm.jpg

@ZOS_Kevin , I know this is a small thing, but the team recently did fix the Short Mussed Wave style to fit female characters properly, and there's a small seam fix coming for the male version with PTS. Can the team also check out the Standing Wave style and fix the back of the neck to snap correctly?

Thanks!

Also I'm a little shaken up since I was not expecting this style to look *this* good on my main, and I'm wrestling with having to redo a lot of my character shots if I change it...