Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Make the Endeavor system more special.

dragonlord500
dragonlord500
✭✭✭✭✭
It got me thinking today after playing ESO for a few mins. The idea is allow us to choose what ever single old crown crate we want but lock us out for choosing another for an entire year. that way you can still use the pre-historic system of "fear of missing out" and still profit.
Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.

Make the Endeavor system more special. 18 votes

Do you want this new system for the Endeavor system added?
11%
Aektannboi_anachronism_ 2 votes
Nah don't added it.
88%
DarcyMardinSotha_SilRaddlemanNumber7BretonMagecolossalvoidsN3CR01Mik195kloverleafspartaxoxoAraneae6537ZenlunRomanRexKappachijoerginoLunaFloraCardinalJack 16 votes
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems pointless to give players a choice but limit it to once a year.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah don't added it.
    One crate? I’d much rather choose the exact item(s) I want as it is now.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SOMETHING should be done.

I'm the guy who led the threads here collecting endeavor info and tips after the system was announced, yet I now find the whole thing so uninspiring I usually don't complete my endeavor quota.

I don't think the specific change is the way to go, but something should be done to spice up the rewards. Just restoring them to the values the endeavor system debuted with would be an improvement.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 21, 2023 10:42PM
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it has to be 1 crate or Zos wont make much money.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah don't added it.

Well, I wouldn’t object to it being an option, but I wouldn’t want to spend endeavors on a crate that probably doesn’t contain what I want and it strikes me as going backward in value, like spending Gems on a crate.

Now it IS frustrating to have to wait years for the item one wants to even be available (and sometimes one no longer wants it then). I think things should at least be available yearly — Maybe make all crates and their items available during the Anniversary Jubilee each year? Or start returning two crate seasons each month as otherwise there will be ever longer to wait between their returns as more crate seasons are introduced?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also would not bother with just getting 1 crate

but it would be nice if i could use endeavors to buy stuff from any crate season at any time instead of waiting for them to add specific ones back on whatever whim they choose

ive just been stockpiling endeavors because the current crate season doesnt interest me much (im up to like 26000 endeavors right now lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

but it would be nice if i could use endeavors to buy stuff from any crate season at any time instead of waiting for them to add specific ones back on whatever whim they choose

ive just been stockpiling endeavors because the current crate season doesnt interest me much (im up to like 26000 endeavors right now lol)
    Agreed on the whim comment. I used seals recently to buy the spriggan polymorph, which dropped my seals to almost 0, now I'm saving seals for the matching mount. I just hope that mount is still in the crown store by the time I have enough seals. I'll be pretty unimpressed if it isn't.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I wouldn’t object to it being an option, but I wouldn’t want to spend endeavors on a crate that probably doesn’t contain what I want and it strikes me as going backward in value, like spending Gems on a crate.

Now it IS frustrating to have to wait years for the item one wants to even be available (and sometimes one no longer wants it then). I think things should at least be available yearly — Maybe make all crates and their items available during the Anniversary Jubilee each year? Or start returning two crate seasons each month as otherwise there will be ever longer to wait between their returns as more crate seasons are introduced?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates

this site has a complete list of crown crates.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Agreed on the whim comment. I used seals recently to buy the spriggan polymorph, which dropped my seals to almost 0, now I'm saving seals for the matching mount. I just hope that mount is still in the crown store by the time I have enough seals. I'll be pretty unimpressed if it isn't.

the spriggan stuff generally hasnt been tied to crates, as they were gem only purchases (now to include seals)

this is only like the 2nd series of spriggan stuff, and we have had almost 3 crown crate seasons since those were added

a normal crate season is approx 3-4 months, the initial spriggan stuff was in there for quite a bit longer than that (the ones in there now are only like the 2nd versions of the spriggan polymorph
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah don't added it.
    The point IS the FOMO. I don't want people being able to get something I got years ago now just because of entitlement, I want people to know that because I have that cosmetic I was actively playing during that time period of the game and had an interest in the cosmetics during that time period. I never want old content from older crown crates to come back in any way.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah don't added it.
    Kappachi wrote: »
    The point IS the FOMO. I don't want people being able to get something I got years ago now just because of entitlement, I want people to know that because I have that cosmetic I was actively playing during that time period of the game and had an interest in the cosmetics during that time period. I never want old content from older crown crates to come back in any way.

No one cares or is even going to know unless they like whatever it is enough to look it up. And then they won’t be impressed but only unhappy they missed it. The point should be getting cosmetics that YOU like. Would you use something super limited but not to your taste at all? I would not, and even use basic horses for some of my characters because that best fits the character. Of course, everyone is welcome to choose for their own criteria, but that should never require restrictions on others. I’m glad ZOS brings crates and other cosmetics back and only wish they cycled more often.

Edit: In retrospect, I think your post was meant as sarcasm… 🤔
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 22, 2023 11:14PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I generally like the endeavors. Sure we could be getting a bit more of them but still so far I got two apex mounts that I wanted and quite a few fluff items from multiple crate seasons. Before I bought about 15 Crates each season, be it with gold or my own Crowns. Now I haven't bought a single crate for the whole year. But that's me, I never was particularly fond of apex or radiant apex mounts. The only one I really liked were dwarven (got the guar for the endeavors), Hollowjack (the headless ones, got a horse for endeavors), and Baandari Pedler spider mounts (RNGeesus blessed me and I got both in my 15 Crate purchase). I'm more of a costume guy.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's definitely sarcasm. Crown crates have been returning since about a year after they were first introduced, so it's been a very long time since they were tied to anything specific. Also until the endeavour system came along all they said about you is you were willing to throw money at ZOS, so it's never been a way to impress other players.

But "I want to imagine other people care" is a common argument in favour of any type of exclusivity, which is why the joke works.
    Edited by Danikat on February 23, 2023 9:46AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah don't added it.
    Danikat wrote: »

It's definitely sarcasm. Crown crates have been returning since about a year after they were first introduced, so it's been a very long time since they were tied to anything specific. Also until the endeavour system came along all they said about you is you were willing to throw money at ZOS, so it's never been a way to impress other players.

But "I want to imagine other people care" is a common argument in favour of any type of exclusivity, which is why the joke works.

Yeah, you’re right. I assumed they were really complaining about crates returning and saying it should be less instead of more — and I have heard some pretty absurd complaints meant seriously… But, yeah, now I feel silly! :lol: