The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Besst pvp classes/builds?

Jasus5457
Jasus5457
I have a magcro which isn't doing too well. Any tips of other class/build?
  • Jasus5457
    Jasus5457
    Thinking of creating a stamina DK, what do you think of this build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W6Cy8chqbc
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revised…

A- Dragonknight
    B- Nightblade (if played well)
    C- Warden (for survivability)
    D- Templar (nerfed but ranged still okay)
    E- Necro
    F- Sorcerer (severely nerfed, now relegated to pet sorc dummy parsing)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 24, 2023 2:27PM
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightblade healer
    at a place nobody knows
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For damage and fighting:

S-Stam DK
    A- Mag DK, Warden, No-Cloak NB (played well)
    B-Stam Sorc, Cloak NB, bomb-cro (for now), Range-plar,
    C-Everything else, except
    D- Mag Sorc. A class that is so stunted in it's design it needs to be entirely overhauled to overcome a kit that is clunky, limiting, and weak in comparison to any other class/spec.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Exactly this.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For damage and fighting:

S-Stam DK
    D- Mag Sorc. A class that is so stunted in it's design it needs to be entirely overhauled to overcome a kit that is clunky, limiting, and weak in comparison to any other class/spec.

Warden? Really? I thought it had been bottom tier DPS for a long time now. Also surprised you rank stam sorc that high, but sorc as a whole needs to be fixed, de-nerfed, something. :pensive:
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For damage and fighting:

S-Stam DK

Warden? Really? I thought it had been bottom tier DPS for a long time now. Also surprised you rank stam sorc that high, but sorc as a whole needs to be fixed, de-nerfed, something. :pensive:

DPS does not usually have many places in PvP. Warden is very surviveable and has a big burst combo. I'd probably swap it with "cloak NB" though. Or just get rid of whatever the cloak specification is supposed to be as it can do the same thing as the other, just a different way to go about it. Then I'd bump the rest of B to C, and whats in C simply be D
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do that you might need to introduce E-Tier for Mag Sorc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasus5457 wrote: »
    Thinking of creating a stamina DK, what do you think of this build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W6Cy8chqbc

My experience with DK is very limited, but it looks good to me and is well-explained. I’m going to give it a try myself. :)
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not exactly a traditional "StamDK", it's hybrid, but really I think we can just say DK since Mag or Stam is no longer a substantially different playstyle on the class. How many Ferocious Leaps do you see per Take Flights? Roughly 1000 to 1 think, the ratio for Whips to Executioners is probably closer to 10000 to 1.

I say this out of RP pedantry? Partially, but also to mention for the 1000th time that it will be difficult to sort DK out so long as

1. Damage skills must be balanced together for PvE and PvP
    2. Everybody in PvP is a Vampire
    3. Vampire has a Flame Damage Taken Penalty
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not exactly a traditional "StamDK", it's hybrid, but really I think we can just say DK since Mag or Stam is no longer a substantially different playstyle on the class. How many Ferocious Leaps do you see per Take Flights? Roughly 1000 to 1 think, the ratio for Whips to Executioners is probably closer to 10000 to 1.

I say this out of RP pedantry? Partially, but also to mention for the 1000th time that it will be difficult to sort DK out so long as

How is that a problem? It seems to me that people are foolish to be a vampire without considering the cost (high) versus benefit (only for stealth builds). Not that people shouldn’t play how they want, but a class shouldn’t be nerfed because people may choose to handicap themselves. I say this not as a DK main — it’s the class I’ve played least in fact, but playing it more now as my PvP main had been magsorc and, yeah :pensive:
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magsorc are actually good ranged fighters with the best mobility and sustain there is, defense and damage are decent enough for what it provides. Thing is magsorc is harder to play now in order to be equal with other classes.

as for best, maras rally seaserpent, on dk den nb
    templar is decent, better ranged. Necro is weakest
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    magsorc are actually good ranged fighters with the best mobility and sustain there is, defense and damage are decent enough for what it provides. Thing is magsorc is harder to play now in order to be equal with other classes.

Best mobility to run away from fights because of zero defense.

Mag sorc is the only spec in the game which still needs a sustain set
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do that you might need to introduce E-Tier for Mag Sorc.

PvE
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that a problem? It seems to me that people are foolish to be a vampire without considering the cost (high) versus benefit (only for stealth builds). Not that people shouldn’t play how they want, but a class shouldn’t be nerfed because people may choose to handicap themselves. I say this not as a DK main — it’s the class I’ve played least in fact, but playing it more now as my PvP main had been magsorc and, yeah :pensive:

The problem is you take even more Flame Damage as a Mortal below 2/3rds Health, when it matters most. (or I've been told that's the threshold, I never bothered to test it because you can immediately notice in gameplay when you drop to Stage 2)

In other words, the Flame Damage Taken Penalty does not balance out Undeath whatsoever, it simply buffs Flame Damage relative to other damage types
    A few popular ideas for a solution to this are either a reversion of Undeath's scaling or a reversion of HP Regen's halving, but surely there are other ideas if both of those things are otherwise favorable to balance.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 8, 2023 6:41AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, You will find the best builds people are willing to tell others about but many will not share their actual best PvP builds.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revised…

A- Dragonknight
    B- Nightblade (if played well)
    C- Warden (for survivability)
    D- Templar (nerfed but ranged still okay)
    E- Necro
    F- Sorcerer (severely nerfed, now relegated to pet sorc dummy parsing)

I agree with this^^

Although a skilled NB on the latest NB meta builds beats DK handily. Much higher damage- burst as well as spammable, plus very strong heals, fastest speed, AND tanky. Just wait..,
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a ton of incorrect information in this thread.

Classes that are easy to make a well rounded solo build on in pvp: dk, warden, nb

Classes that have insane burst: sorc, nb

Classes with good defense: warden, dk, templar

Many things influence rankings of classes. Solo. Bg. Ic. Cyro small scale. Cyro large scale. No proc. Duels.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a ton of incorrect information in this thread.

Classes that are easy to make a well rounded solo build on in pvp: dk, warden, nb

Classes that have insane burst: sorc, nb

Classes with good defense: warden, dk, templar

Many things influence rankings of classes. Solo. Bg. Ic. Cyro small scale. Cyro large scale. No proc. Duels.

idk, id argue that nb has much more defense than templar even when taking no invis into consideration
    Edited by rabidmyers on April 27, 2023 5:50AM
    at a place nobody knows
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I main a Mag Sorc and can definitely agree that sustain is an issue. I can either deal damage and struggle with sustain or have great sustain and hit like a wet noodle. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. That being said, I think I definitely need to add in a few pieces of Well-Fitted so that I up my survivability when I'm not smart enough to stay ranged, or when I need to take/defend an objective.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I main a Mag Sorc and can definitely agree that sustain is an issue. I can either deal damage and struggle with sustain or have great sustain and hit like a wet noodle. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. That being said, I think I definitely need to add in a few pieces of Well-Fitted so that I up my survivability when I'm not smart enough to stay ranged, or when I need to take/defend an objective.

After much testing I find myself going back to builds sacrificing damage for defense and relying on overload for sustain in mag sorc.

Full spell damage sorc works great until you get with a spectral bow which hits you for 26k with major minor resolve up.

Stam sorc running crit surge, Mara’s and masters dw seems like most optimal way to run a competitive sorc right now.

Mag sorc is hot garbage for sure in last 2 years. It’s evidenced by the fact that I haven’t seen anyone play mag sorc decenly for quite a while now because it’s basically impossible to be competitive on it due to a nb loving dev team
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on May 12, 2023 7:44PM
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    My 2h / resto stam sorc vamp is doing great.

Balorg / clever alchemist / order's wrath / potentate resto

Front bar: blood mist, crystal weapon, stampede, reverse slice, blinding flare, onslaught

back bar: hurricane, radiating regen, surge, resolving vigor, blinding flare, temporal guard

Strat's simple: surge, hurricane, vigor, blood mist, stampede, immovable pot, onslaught, DPS, execute, rinse, repeat. I'm extremely survivable as long as I keep my heals and buffs up, and I can even mini-bomb sometimes.

Really gotta stack up those resistances. I really don't get this D list sorc idea, but I almost exclusively play sorc. Maybe if I try a different class I'd have an easier time.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My 2h / resto stam sorc vamp is doing great.

Balorg / clever alchemist / order's wrath / potentate resto

Front bar: blood mist, crystal weapon, stampede, reverse slice, blinding flare, onslaught

back bar: hurricane, radiating regen, surge, resolving vigor, blinding flare, temporal guard

Strat's simple: surge, hurricane, vigor, blood mist, stampede, immovable pot, onslaught, DPS, execute, rinse, repeat. I'm extremely survivable as long as I keep my heals and buffs up, and I can even mini-bomb sometimes.

Really gotta stack up those resistances. I really don't get this D list sorc idea, but I almost exclusively play sorc. Maybe if I try a different class I'd have an easier time.

Drop the potentates resto, move the clever to back bar only, orders wrath front bar only.
    Now you can add 1 trainee and 1 mythic.
    You have no major expedition, no major evasion, no camo hunter...I'd recommend dropping the flares for camo hunter and race against time.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • rymere83
    rymere83
    what are NBs using for sets these days?
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade, if played well.
    Well dang, how do I fight but hide and run.
    I try to kill someone and I am dead in 5 sec.
    The only way to live longer than 5 seconds is to run and hide.
    This is the way!
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rymere83 wrote: »

Yes please, I would also liked to know?
  • Jasus5457
    Jasus5457

Going to try a change on my DK to mara's, rallying, markyn and bloodspawn with warrior mundus. If doesn't have enough dmg I'll go for sea serpent instead. I think I will go with 2 or 3 well-fitted instead of impenetrable on armor this time too.
    Edited by Jasus5457 on May 24, 2023 2:20PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is you take even more Flame Damage as a Mortal below 2/3rds Health, when it matters most. (or I've been told that's the threshold, I never bothered to test it because you can immediately notice in gameplay when you drop to Stage 2)

In other words, the Flame Damage Taken Penalty does not balance out Undeath whatsoever, it simply buffs Flame Damage relative to other damage types

A few popular ideas for a solution to this are either a reversion of Undeath's scaling or a reversion of HP Regen's halving, but surely there are other ideas if both of those things are otherwise favorable to balance.

I've been meaning to bring that point up for a long time. At low health, the vampire penalties are completely negated. There's very little benefit to not playing a vampire.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    rymere83 wrote: »

Yes please, I would also liked to know?

@jtm1018 @rymere83

Hybrid nb is using the same sets as it has for the last few patches.
    Front bar night mother gaze, back bar rally cry. Markyn. 1 trainee. Balorgh.

You can check out reactfaster on YouTube for detailed information on this. He is a skilled player and this build is extremely strong.