The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Achivement: FIND BLEAKROCK'S MISSING PEOPLE

• Footylol
    Footylol
    Catflinger wrote: »
    Wulfhen wrote: »
    This quest seems to be unique that I've seen in the fact that there is an Achievement linked with it that depending on your choice you lose out on. Something you won't even be aware of unless you googled it before hand, or thoroughly explored through your achievement tab before doing it. Flawed.

It tells you straight up that if you leave the island without saving everyone, then the people you leave behind will die -- why does it seem likely that you could go back and save them after the fact? How is this flawed and why do you say that someone should have to Google it to figure it out?

So if its bugged and the NPC is just not there at all when you are on Bleakrock pre-evacuation, why should those players get screwed out of an achievement due to game mechanics or technical failures in the beginning of game release. Thats how it is flawed. My personal experience I knew she was there from Beta testing. so come game launch when she was not there, i reload ui, i relog out of the game entirely and she is still not there, i submit a ticket to a GM and a month later still have no assistance on completing it, yes definitely flawed.

Koloki wrote: »

That isn't an achievement however, which is nothing to do with consequences in the game world.

http://esohead.com/achievements/194-find-bleakrocks-missing-people
    seems to be an achievement. the consequence is an effect based off technical issues of NPC not spawning which is known, or player choice weather they want to sit in bleakrock for a month and not progress until it gets fixed, or progress and lose out on this achievement. Not really a choice there have fun killing bandits from lvl 1-VR10. Flawed imo.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed one of the NPCs and was able to return to Bleakrock to finish this achievement. So it's possible for at least some of the NPCs.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halmera is the only person who does not spawn. She is supposed to spawn outside her house for the quest for find Geilund whom apparently is at a beach with a dog.

This claim that "it tells you if you leave the people die" is BS by know-it-alls. I went back while in the middle of Eastmarch and saved a hunter proving that claim false.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • AzureSkys
    AzureSkys
    Soul Shriven
    For me, I was pretty clueless when I started playing and didn't fully understand the game mechanics, questing consequences or even that there were specific achievements. I've not played many MMOs and was pretty overwhelmed at the start. Basically a deer in the headlights.

Now I've leveled my character a good bit and finally caught on to the achievement system and a bit more of the nature of the game. I could start a new char, but having little time as it is in the first place I'd rather keep progressing my current one.

I understand now how it works, but i didn't when a new player in that area and am sad I missed a good bit as I now search to see what I missed so far.
    Edited by AzureSkys on May 15, 2014 8:31PM
  • RozMayan
    RozMayan
    I 100% agree that it is unacceptable for achievements to be permanently missed. Nobody wants to have to read through achievement lists beforehand and memorize them before completing quests in order to mitigate the risk of missing any, especially since we can't undo our choices or revert back to a previous save. I missed one person as well, and I also can't get Halmaera's house to show as completed now, because I left the isle early. I have encountered similar issues elsewhere in the game, too. I will constantly nag ESO tech support to manually revert my progress and potentially cease to subscribe to this game if it's going to be like this... The completionist in me says this is ridiculous and was horribly thought out.
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    I just went back after all these months and caught the finding Gielen quest with the dog and all. I'm searching the island for lost villagers... so far no luck.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    So achivement still bugged ? Also have just "Find Geilund" left and i can swear i searched every pixel on that cursed island for any other quests before start evacuate.
    It looks like same bug as with Light of Meridia. When you could not attain 5th light of meridia if you choose wrong people to side with.
    Edited by killedbyping on October 24, 2014 12:00PM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who still suffer from this missing achivement. It seems it was fixed.

Today i came back to the Halmaera's House, where the quest giver should be and it was UP.
    Halmaera gave me a quest to find Geilund and i finaly was able to complete the achivement.
    Edited by killedbyping on October 29, 2014 2:03PM
  • Sabriel7
    Sabriel7
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfhen wrote: »
    For those of us who love our 100%/checklist though, I doubt many will stick around. I've rerolled my main four times, and finally gave in and unsub because the way the game plays out if I don't browse the forums for little tidbits of knowledge leads to me being annoyed more than enjoying. (Yes, I'm ocd but I think you'll find a lot of 100%ers are)

If you wanted a 100% checklist then obviously you want to complete the game 100% right? Then why did you not fully complete the first quest then? If completing everything is so important then i would imagine you would have made sure that all quests are fully completed before moving on (you have to specifically say you want to evacuate early and people will die). Also the quest isn't that bad, it was a nice challenge to run around and find everyone. Only a few npc's actually have a maker showing you where they are which makes sense considering those are the few npc's that the captain even knows of their location. And i don't like the idea of being able to go back and find people again. If you left them behind They're dead! You know how many people would be on here complaining that there are an island full of people that are supposed to be dead! Goes completely against the story, they shouldn't magically be brought back to life because of your decision to kill them! This is one of the few quests where you get repeated warnings about the consequences of ending the quest in the first place! Plus if you look at your achievement list it does tell you how many more people are left to save.

What i would like to see different is maybe the two people you do get quest markers for their location, maybe after you help them they can give you a hint on where the next people are and so on. For the people who are having difficulties finding them.

Edited by Sabriel7 on February 20, 2015 9:36AM
  • Latdogg
    Latdogg
    I'm laughing so hard at all these people complaining about missing an "achievement". Seriously, who cares? Have you never played an Elder Scrolls game before? Choices have consequences, you make a choice to leave before completing a quest than that is what happens. Get over it.
    VR-4 DK (Nord) - Urlachera
    Brotherhood of WHIskies
    Pride of the Pact
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necro-post.jpg

Really, did someone have to dig up an already necroposted thread that originated back at launch and was revived back in October stating it was resolved?
    Edited by Darlgon on February 22, 2015 2:05PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    You ca still get it. Send me a pm and once i get home ill show/tell you how. But its 100% possible to get it
  • Vhalan53
    Vhalan53
    Soul Shriven
    at least let us go back to bleakrock when we realized we done goofed and let us find the remainders...
  • Vhalan53
    Vhalan53
    Soul Shriven
    It's actually tempting to re-roll an entire new character for this one reason, but i'm already level 30 and have gotten all of the quest related (minus this) and skyshard achievements so far.
  • MystixCZ
    MystixCZ
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by MystixCZ on May 10, 2015 1:44PM
    Breton | Templar | CP 700+ | Achiv point 23K+
  • Dueydoodah
    OK, I went back to BR and traveled to the FrostEdge Camp. There was a quest waiting in the main tent which took me through the burn supplies quest. I was able to complete the achievement even though I had finished BR. I was level 50 at the time I did this and had already finished all other EP quests and achievements. The only villager I had left was Bjorynolf so was able to complete all of the EP achievements.
    Level 50, CP1110
    1. Breton Templar Healer/DPS; High Elf Sorcerer Magicka DPS; Imperial DK Stamina Tank/DPS
    2. Khajiit Nightblade Archer DPS; High Elf Warden Healer/DPS; Imperial Templar Healer/DPS
    3. Dark Elf Nightblade DPS; High Elf Templar Healer/Tank; High Elf DK DPS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that this problem is fixed so you can get the achievement but...
    21xoco.jpg

Unlike the abandoned folks on Bleakrock Isle, perhaps this thread can finally die.

• vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming that you can definitely get this achievement after you evacuate the city. Even if you didn't find everyone first. Just do the quests.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other's have already written stuff like this, but I'm just throwing my two cents in.

First off, have you actually done every single quest on Bleakrock? The achievement should be doable even if you evacuate if you just go back and do every quest, as each quest on the island will "automatically" save the people in question.

As a side note, stuff like this often happens when people unintentionally rush through content (this is not directed at you specifically), and don't realise what they miss as they go. This especially tends to happen if you have played through the game many times, and think you know everything about every quest, and just spam "E" in conversations (I have tried this, regretted it and then learned from it) - or miss a quest entirely because I forget to go to a certain corner of the map.

A perfect example is my hubby, who has a tendency to rush, and often ends up asking me what is actually going on, why we need to go a certain place, why I don't like a certain NPC, or why my outcome in a quest was different than his - but hey, it's made me quite an expert in the many storylines throughout ESO :lol:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice that people.are helping this dude from FOUR YEARS AGO. But unless the Doc turns up with his deloran its unlikely he still needs the help ;)

Hehe. But yeah I had to go back. And the worst part is how Bleak Rock is left for ever more
    Don't finish the quest if you want it use it as a cool hub as it all BURNS
    Edited by Beardimus on April 29, 2018 12:36PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves