The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Green team PC NA 7am-11am EST is getting really tiring

UnabashedlyHonest
UnabashedlyHonest
✭✭✭✭✭
For three hours today AD and DC didn't have a single cross swords showing on the map until finally EP couldn't hold Arrius any longer. Between 7am and 11am EST for six to eight months now it's highly uncommon for AD and DC to fight each other.

I know there will be people who deny this reality but everyone online today during this time slot knows it's true. I can name the guilds and 20 players from AD and DC that are making this happen but it's against the rules.

Can we please get some more sportsmanlike conduct going forward?

Edited by UnabashedlyHonest on February 18, 2023 4:26PM
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *holds back laughter* 😶 Sure, team green and team orange happens every now and then. However, from my very subjective banana experience, team purple is the overall reality of the situation, but that's just my opinion.

At the end of the day, even with faction lock, low pop bonus, score incentives, and giving the hammer to the losing team, you can not control human behavior. People will do what they do regardless of faction roleplay logic (ex: ball group letting their keeps get taken while they farm AP inside an enemy keep).

Due to ZOS' lack of focus on Cyrodiil and Imperial City, those zones are essentially The Wild West. There are no gamemasters here to reign in the chaos. You and your alliance must be the change you want to see in these zones.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m assuming you’re talking Grey Host because I noticed it when I logged on this morning. Someone in DC zone chat was trying to get everyone to leave AD alone and focus on EP. I was there just to finish off the 9 resource quest I started the previous evening when Team Orange had captured everything except one of our scrolls, so I didn’t stick around to see how it turned out. However, a day earlier DC and EP had AD gated as well.

I get the feeling that one or more cross-faction guilds have decided to throw out faction loyalty in GH and start focusing on one team at different times, like what you see continuously in PC/NA Blackreach. Probably not much you can do about it so I’d suggest you make the best of it and rally your troops for those sweet outnumbered D-ticks.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    *holds back laughter* 😶 Sure, team green and team orange happens every now and then. However, from my very subjective banana experience, team purple is the overall reality of the situation, but that's just my opinion.

At the end of the day, even with faction lock, low pop bonus, score incentives, and giving the hammer to the losing team, you can not control human behavior. People will do what they do regardless of faction roleplay logic (ex: ball group letting their keeps get taken while they farm AP inside an enemy keep).

Due to ZOS' lack of focus on Cyrodiil and Imperial City, those zones are essentially The Wild West. There are no gamemasters here to reign in the chaos. You and your alliance must be the change you want to see in these zones.

This will be my last campaign playing DC because of this overt, consistent cooperation. They talk about it in zone chat like it's fun to team up with the enemy and they aren't ashamed about it in the slightest.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was playing in grey host on monday during the day (around 2 or 3 pm until 830pm) and AD was getting team purpled hard then lol

it goes in waves lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: For added fun This one has videos going back a few years with some folks who were 'looking for good fights' using cross faction 'skill'. They also have some clips of a certain blue colored faction resorting to inserting a alt into a PUG group so they could 'skillfully' know where it was going. Complete with chat logs.

:)

AS always Khajiit invites anyone else who's been at this for nine years to share their own videos.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1726321681?t=0h3m0s
    Edited by Telel on February 22, 2023 2:16AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Cynical_Alchemist
    If there is one constant in GH (PC NA) is that at certain times of the day, one faction gets focused by the other two. In the EST 5-10am (i.e. Aussie evening times), EP and AD tend to focus on DC and push them back to their gates. Or at least that has been the case for the last two campaigns. The current one seems a little different.

At different times of the day, the wrecking ball will swing toward a different faction. At certain times in a campaign, the leaderboard will determine which faction gets focused.

Is there guild/discord collusion that stimulates this? Probably a lot less than people think.

One of the most common things that you'll read in zone chat is something like this: "EP are trying to take BRK from AD, let's take Ash while they are both occupied over there." This is a DC example. Anyone on AD at that time will see EP fighting them at BRK and DC fighting them at Ash, and assume that Team Purple is on. It's not. It's just how the map works. When you are trying to take keeps, you'll do it when you can expect least resistance.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is one constant in GH (PC NA) is that at certain times of the day, one faction gets focused by the other two. In the EST 5-10am (i.e. Aussie evening times), EP and AD tend to focus on DC and push them back to their gates. Or at least that has been the case for the last two campaigns. The current one seems a little different.

At different times of the day, the wrecking ball will swing toward a different faction. At certain times in a campaign, the leaderboard will determine which faction gets focused.

Is there guild/discord collusion that stimulates this? Probably a lot less than people think.

One of the most common things that you'll read in zone chat is something like this: "EP are trying to take BRK from AD, let's take Ash while they are both occupied over there." This is a DC example. Anyone on AD at that time will see EP fighting them at BRK and DC fighting them at Ash, and assume that Team Purple is on. It's not. It's just how the map works. When you are trying to take keeps, you'll do it when you can expect least resistance.

being AD, i dont really consider it team purple until we have say reds at alessia, blues at roe, or the reds and blues are barely fighting each other when they are both in a yellow keep (in this case one of the 2 factions will be a zerg and the other will be like 1 12-man or smaller group)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly feel like something is up with the flow of fights on the map recently. Not sure if a large cross faction guild is manipulating it or if the PvP population is so small it's always the same people playing at the same time but it seems weird that there is such a consistent pattern for which faction is getting focused depending on the time of day.
    I certainly get suspicious of what's going on when AD is totally dominating and then a short while later everything gets taken back with little to no resistance despite the fact the faction is pop-locked. Like no other keep, outpost or even resource is lit on the map and there are no other fight markers, yet only 5-10 people show up to defend Roe or Allesia when there are supposedly 80+ people on. Where are the other 70-75 and what are they doing? And how/why do they suddenly all appear again to take everything back?
    Edited by Thecompton73 on March 2, 2023 8:38PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly feel like something is up with the flow of fights on the map recently. Not sure if a large cross faction guild is manipulating it or if the PvP population is so small it's always the same people playing at the same time but it seems weird that there is such a consistent pattern for which faction is getting focused depending on the time of day.
    I certainly get suspicious of what's going on when AD is totally dominating and then a short while later everything gets taken back with little to no resistance despite the fact the faction is pop-locked. Like no other keep, outpost or even resource is lit on the map and there are no other fight markers, yet only 5-10 people show up to defend Roe or Allesia when there are supposedly 80+ people on. Where are the other 70-75 and what are they doing? And how/why do they suddenly all appear again to take everything back?

Depending on the time, with DC you can't get anyone to defend at all, and when you go to take something like Bruna for me last night; I was the only one there, then a DC or 2 showed up on the 2nd flag, then by the last flag; here comes 20. It was just unorganized players looking for something to light and then it takes a bit for them to respond if they're not already involved in something
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the time, with DC you can't get anyone to defend at all, and when you go to take something like Bruna for me last night; I was the only one there, then a DC or 2 showed up on the 2nd flag, then by the last flag; here comes 20. It was just unorganized players looking for something to light and then it takes a bit for them to respond if they're not already involved in something

I can understand when it comes to solo/small groups not going out to actively attack keeps or outposts considering how ubiquitous tanks have become that just come out and burn siege while shrugging off the damage of 12 people. But when nothing is happening on the EP side of the map and AD has Ash, Nik and Roe and first Ash gets taken back, then Nik, what the heck are all those players doing? At that point it doesn't take much experience to realize DC is on the attack and Roe is next, people are even calling out DC is on the way in zone chat so people have plenty of time to port in. Yet still only 10 people show up to defend it when nothing else is flagged and there are no markers for field battles?
    Edited by Thecompton73 on March 2, 2023 9:46PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand when it comes to solo/small groups not going out to actively attack keeps or outposts considering how ubiquitous tanks have become that just come out and burn siege while shrugging off the damage of 12 people. But when nothing is happening on the EP side of the map and AD has Ash, Nik and Roe and first Ash gets taken back, then Nik, what the heck are all those players doing? At that point it doesn't take much experience to realize DC is on the attack and Roe is next, people are even calling out DC is on the way in zone chat so people have plenty of time to port in. Yet still only 10 people show up to defend it when nothing else is flagged and there are no markers for field battles?

I’ve been seeing the exact same thing on the DC side. A large group of EP will show up at Glade, either at the FD or the mine, and start sieging, and very few DC will show up to defend even when given plenty of warning what’s going on. I’ve begun to wonder if a certain DC zone general, one who has a history with the other 2 alliances, is following through with his public threat to bring a zerg of EP against DC on his alt account as punishment for DC not sufficiently stroking his ego.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone realizes there are three factions. But what few people really pay attention to, is that this creates three teams:

Team orange (AD + EP), Team Purple, (EP+DC), and team green (AD+DC).

The teams are what really determines what happens on the map. If AD and EP are fighting, DC gets to decide the result.

Eg in GH, at the end of the last campaign, DC was ahead by 9000 points. AD and EP were tied. DC "decided" to create team green (in EST prime time and later) , and AD took second place. AD and DC ganged up and took all EP keeps and scrolls. But it happens to every faction-- it HAS to happen given the number of players on the servers and the odd number of factions.

In the old days, there were a lot more players per faction. Then, each faction could wage two or more large scale attacks. This essentially created an even number of teams which meant one side wasnt always getting bullied.

But the old days are long gone.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    Everyone realizes there are three factions. But what few people really pay attention to, is that this creates three teams:

The teams are what really determines what happens on the map. If AD and EP are fighting, DC gets to decide the result.

Eg in GH, at the end of the last campaign, DC was ahead by 9000 points. AD and EP were tied. DC "decided" to create team green (in EST prime time and later) , and AD took second place. AD and DC ganged up and took all EP keeps and scrolls. But it happens to every faction-- it HAS to happen given the number of players on the servers and the odd number of factions.

In the old days, there were a lot more players per faction. Then, each faction could wage two or more large scale attacks. This essentially created an even number of teams which meant one side wasnt always getting bullied.

I don't think more per side would change it. Either way you stack it; if 2 factions both but 1; that 1 has to chose which side to fight or lose to both. It's better gains for the other 2 to hit the vulnerable.

Only way you'd fix this is if there was some diminishing returns based on uneven capture of one enemy's keeps over another
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think more per side would change it. Either way you stack it; if 2 factions both but 1; that 1 has to chose which side to fight or lose to both. It's better gains for the other 2 to hit the vulnerable.

Only way you'd fix this is if there was some diminishing returns based on uneven capture of one enemy's keeps over another

Higher population caps absolutely would help to alleviate the 2 colors vs. 1 color dynamics that dominate cyrodiil right now. This issue was much, much less a factor when pop caps were over 200 players/faction. Now, with pop caps of 80/faction it's almost mandatory to try and take advantage and gang up on the faction being attacked at any given time.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Higher population caps absolutely would help to alleviate the 2 colors vs. 1 color dynamics that dominate cyrodiil right now. This issue was much, much less a factor when pop caps were over 200 players/faction. Now, with pop caps of 80/faction it's almost mandatory to try and take advantage and gang up on the faction being attacked at any given time.

Nope. It would just be larger faction stacks going to the easier target, which would be the enemy faction already getting hit. As it is now; your best bet to get the stacks off your keeps is to hit their home keeps because they feel compelled to then respond with the entire faction as well.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was around before they lowered the pop cap and the gating was much worse. I would often log on to a giant mass of EP below the ledge at Southern High Rock with less than half their number of DC standing on the ledge trying to light attack the zerg and getting repeatedly chain-pulled to their death. Admittedly this was also before faction locks so maybe it wasn't just the pop cap.

I think the current surge in Team Orange/Purple/Green is due to a lack of organization in the alliances. I've noticed a lot of guild groups have gone missing, which leaves a lot of unorganized players just sitting around waiting for someone to tell them where to zerg. All it takes is for 1 persistent zone general or pug wrangler to get a majority of them moving against one alliance, which encourages the zerg in the uninvolved alliance to take the easy route and gang-up on the targeted alliance. I've seen it done to each alliance but to be fair, it does seem to happen more to AD.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

I was around before they lowered the pop cap and the gating was much worse. I would often log on to a giant mass of EP below the ledge at Southern High Rock with less than half their number of DC standing on the ledge trying to light attack the zerg and getting repeatedly chain-pulled to their death. Admittedly this was also before faction locks so maybe it wasn't just the pop cap.

I think the current surge in Team Orange/Purple/Green is due to a lack of organization in the alliances. I've noticed a lot of guild groups have gone missing, which leaves a lot of unorganized players just sitting around waiting for someone to tell them where to zerg. All it takes is for 1 persistent zone general or pug wrangler to get a majority of them moving against one alliance, which encourages the zerg in the uninvolved alliance to take the easy route and gang-up on the targeted alliance. I've seen it done to each alliance but to be fair, it does seem to happen more to AD.

I've been around since 2014. The gating problem is much worse now with the lower population caps than it's ever been prior to the last 18 months or so. It's easier to rally fewer people to a common cause than it is a larger population. Hence the gating by two factions is easier to make happen now with the lower population caps.

Regardless, there is no question that Cyrodiil was much more enjoyable with 24 man groups and population caps in excess of 200 players/faction.

And if you want to talk about AD, lets' talk about how AD gets low population bonus so frequently that AD moves up in the rankings on a regular basis on low pop bonus alone.

Edited by UnabashedlyHonest on March 15, 2023 3:01PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After yesterday it's more obvious than ever there's some folks boosting more than their AP scores on gray host NA/PC.

2 bar team in third place. The first place team has emperor, and the 2nd place team's scroll. Both 2nd and 1st place team's arew also pop locked.

So what do multiple groups of the 2nd place team do at the time when they could be playing the game mode for the side they chose to log in on?

Why run down south to troll light keeps in a way that let over two dozen members of the first place team PVdoor to their heart's content. Only to then run off the moment that same massive PVdoor group showed up. Both sides studiously avoiding each other. Even standing right next to each other to assist in downing the people who were already out numbeed

Then when the third place team actually begins to get enough people to push back all those 'skilled' players are no where to be found. Leaving their own team still missing the scroll, and with the first place team even further in the lead.

All of which was, again, caught on camera. Unfortunately ZOS would shut down any thread showing this cheating.

But yeah, sure, 'team green' is the problem.
    Edited by Telel on March 15, 2023 6:16PM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.