Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Rewards for eso+ time served players.

Animar111
Animar111
✭✭✭✭
Why doesn’t Zos reward the eso+ members for time served dedicated subscription time.
As I understand zos used to do this for long term subscribers if so why did they stop…?
I know we get discount on available crown store items but they are items that are available to any player even if they just buy and play the game once.
And then there are dedicated players who subscribe Year after year to play and support the game to help make it a success.
Will @Zos be adding anything for long term dedicated subscribers in the future….?
Edited by Animar111 on February 18, 2023 1:36PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall, rather than have milestones like they did with the mandatory subscription, they went with monthly discounts for people who are subscribed. Nothing stands a chance to alienate a potential subscriber more than missing some reward because they made different financial decisions for a bit that wasn't focused on ZOS revenue. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    As I recall, rather than have milestones like they did with the mandatory subscription, they went with monthly discounts for people who are subscribed. Nothing stands a chance to alienate a potential subscriber more than missing some reward because they made different financial decisions for a bit that wasn't focused on ZOS revenue. :smile:

So if this is the case I’m assuming long term subscription and year after year renewal will get us nothing special. “Interesting”

They could do it as when you’ve subscribed for 2 year’s rolling gets you this 3 years rolling gets you this and so on “you get the point” just to make dedication to the game feel more rewarding.

Nt: if you miss a year it still rolls on to the next time you renew your subscription so you wouldn’t miss out as long as you re-subscribe to the game in the future.
    Edited by Animar111 on February 18, 2023 1:54PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »

So if this is the case I’m assuming long term subscription and year after year renewal will get us nothing special. “Interesting”

It seems to me that you are making your own reward.

If you are a constant ESO Plus subscriber, and have taken advantage of every free Crown Store opportunity, then you have a complete set of "rewards" and anyone who misses even one month will not. If that is not special, then I don't know what is. :smile:

• Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there’s your answer “no unique rewards for dedicated subscription renewal” Thanks for clarifying that
    Edited by Animar111 on February 18, 2023 2:13PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    So there’s your answer “no unique rewards for dedicated subscription renewal” Thanks for clarifying that

ZOS may have different ideas since I last heard them say anything, but yeah, as a long time ESO Plus subscriber, I was never looking for anything other than my own unique collection of loot.

Of course, as a non-subscriber, now, I don't care what they do. :smile:
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell, ZOS rewards no players for their loyalty. Once they have your money, that's it. They just do their best to attract new players.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As well as the crown store freebies I think that was the original idea behind giving subscribers crowns. Instead of ZOS choosing an item for everyone every 3 months you can choose your own reward each month (or save up a few months for a bigger one).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool to have loyalty rewards for everyone who plays the game, regardless of your subscription status. You could have 1, 3, 5 and 10 year rewards.
    PC EU
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Star Wars Galaxies had a reward system where you earned rewards based on how long you subscribed, not when it was available to subscribers. So an account at any time would earn the reward when they reached a certain amount of time, and it never reset to zero. It counted how long you subscribed total. I remember getting something at 1 month (I think), 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, etc. I think they were quarterly. There were a lot of them over time. Even if you took time off from playing, it would count up based on your total accumulated sub time from the beginning of your account. It gave you something to look forward to. Something like this would add value to ESO +. Honestly the one or two things in the monthly crown store discount is not much of an incentive.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be neat if there was something other than furnishings now and then. When the system was announced there was a neat costume advertising it, with promis there would be more where that came from. And so far we had the same costume return once, countless statuettes I can't even display all at once and a few paintings that feel more like posters.

I don't care how it's implemented, but I'd appreciate more substantial stuff, even if it was less frequent than the statuettes and paintings we get now. And I'd wouldn't mind if they dropped the statuettes for that.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    It would be neat if there was something other than furnishings now and then. When the system was announced there was a neat costume advertising it, with promis there would be more where that came from. And so far we had the same costume return once, countless statuettes I can't even display all at once and a few paintings that feel more like posters.

Keep in mind that they may be trying to ensure they are not giving away things they can sell. I doubt they could sell the statuettes they are giving away. At least, not all of them.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well yeah, but we're talking in categories of wishful thinking here, right?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subscribers pay for what they get. The people who manage WITHOUT a subscription should get the reward. All that extra time sorting inventory items, setting up guilds so they can have extra bank space, creating spare toons to hold valuables.

Spending all that time online managing without a crafting bag deserves a reward imho
    Edited by Mesite on February 24, 2023 6:31PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    Subscribers pay for what they get. The people who manage WITHOUT a subscription should get the reward. All that extra time sorting inventory items, setting up guilds so they can have extra bank space, creating spare toons to hold valuables.

Spending all that time online managing without a crafting bag deserves a reward imho
    That would just undermine the value of ESO+.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crowns that come with the subscription takes the lace of a subscriber reward.

Also, giving something special to subs and ignoring the other paid player (DLC buyers) is not smart business.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    The crowns that come with the subscription takes the lace of a subscriber reward.

Also, giving something special to subs and ignoring the other paid player (DLC buyers) is not smart business.

Yup. Favoritism builds dissent among the unfavored.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

For what it's worth I'm in that group and I simply treat ESO+ like DLC or crown store items. When the crown store showcase comes out each month I look at the free item and the discounts and consider if (in conjunction with the other perks) I want it enough to pay for it this month. I usually don't, but there have been times I've bought some subscription time mainly or entirely for the free statuette or because the discounts worked out as a good deal even considering the subscription was an additional cost for me.

(The one I remember is when I wanted the New Life Furnishing Pack. I needed to buy more crowns to get it and buying ESO+ got me enough crowns, plus a discount on the pack and a statuette I liked and would use.)

I suppose it would be different with rewards for cumulative payments, because the later ones would be much more expensive if you only want that and don't want the actual subscription time, or the intermediate items. I know some people bought a year's worth of time cards when the tiger mount was announced so they qualified for it even on a brand new account, but it would be annoying if you couldn't afford that or didn't like it that much. (Kind of like radiant apex mounts - a lot of people seem to like them, but they're not willing or able to spend the insane amounts it costs to have a good chance of getting one.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"