The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Addon] Pawkette's Scrolling Battle Text

Pawkette
Pawkette
✭✭✭
PSBT
Pawkette's Scrolling Battle Text
I came back to the game edition™

Downloads:
1.5 Branch: GitHub
1.6 Branch: GitHub

I designed PSBT to be very modular. This allows me to quickly create new parts to the addon without having to figure out where they fit in. Also, the addon uses lots of pooling. Alpha Animations, Translation Animations, and Labels are all pooled and constantly reused. This means less creation at runtime, and less memory usage overall. Also I worked in a way to allow the garbage collector to clean up any unused members of those pools when necessary, which should also reduce memory usage.

Parabola animations are also precomputed based on settings and a fixed number of translation points, this means that all we're doing at runtime is playing animations using Zenimax's own animation system. No calculation is happening in Lua for positioning.

Youtube Preview

Modules:
  • Combat - Show you information about combat events, damage, healing, hots, dots~
  • Ultimate - can you use it yet?!
  • Auras - effect gain and loss
  • Experience - level up more informed
  • LowSomething - your something is low! be warned.
  • Infamy - replaces the infamy meter and shows updates in PSBT (1.6 only)
  • Debug - now you can tell me if I'm a bad programmer :smile:

Known Issues:
  • French and German are only partially supported.
  • Spanish and Russian are missing.
  • Occasionally edit layout breaks and you can't drag anything.

As you can see the addon is designed around 4 primary "scroll areas". If you've used MSBT in World of Warcraft, you're probably familiar with the concept.

SuqduHel.jpg

Along with plenty of options.

68runsIl.jpg
Edited by Pawkette on February 20, 2015 7:24AM
I love Lua
Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    I figured I'd bump this because I'm back to updating it :wink:
    I love Lua
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Pawkette!
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've missed your addon so much. It's still installed and I try it every new patch ;_;

WB! I can't wait to dl the update.
  • HaljaNifheim
    HaljaNifheim
    ✭✭
    Pawkette! <hugs>
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice, I might switch to it over FTC because FTC buff tracker is obnoxious, I skipped through tiny parts of the video though, is it possible to change the color of the text? :worried:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    It's nice, I might switch to it over FTC because FTC buff tracker is obnoxious, I skipped through tiny parts of the video though, is it possible to change the color of the text? :worried:

Currently you can change Damage / Healing / 'unassigned' colors
    I love Lua
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pawkette wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »

Currently you can change Damage / Healing / 'unassigned' colors

Alright, I just need coordinating colors for stuff, so if I was losing stamina, it'd be green, losing health, it'd be red, etc etc. OCD like that, currently not a whole lot of addons let me do it, using Wykkyd's bar and FTC for the scrolling numbers. :confused:
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    After much complaining around launch, I actually removed stamina drain because it pissed people off.
    I love Lua
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I made sure it works on 1.6 PTS tonight :dizzy:
    I love Lua
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pawkette wrote: »
    After much complaining around launch, I actually removed stamina drain because it pissed people off.

Hahaha alright, it would of prolly bothered me eventually, but not right away.. I need to get my computer back before I can test it, but I saved the link so I'll be able to test it laterz

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Valkiar
    Valkiar
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, I used PSBT and God, this is the BEST addon in Tamriel!
    But with the 1.6, I can't use it and I don't know where to download it...

Can you Help me?

Valkiar Sinestra
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I read this right, I can use your ONE add-on and replace THREE OR FOUR that I'm currently using??!!!?!!

Thank Azura!! Can't wait to give this a try!

Welcome home, Pawkette!!
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • goompas
    goompas
    Soul Shriven
    I have enabled this addon in game but i dont see any settings for it. How i can enable settings?
  • tage.eriksenb16_ESO
    tage.eriksenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue as the poster above. The addon shows up in the addon list ingame, but there's no actual combat text ingame nor any options in addon settings.
  • wiley17402
    wiley17402
    ✭✭
    great addon for the game love this addon :smiley: thx much
  • Coolits
    Coolits
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for coming back and updating this addon it's great :smiley:

EDIT: Unfortunately I'm having the same issue as some of the above posters, PSBT is installed and shows up in the addon list in-game as active but does not work and there is no settings window.
    Edited by Coolits on April 8, 2015 6:13PM