Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trouble playing Solo

lionelch
lionelch
✭✭
I just spent 3 hours trying to kill the Sea Slug. I have died so many times I lost count. Is there any way to change the difficulty?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 13, 2023 6:39PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things marked with a skull and bones on a map are group bosses, meant to be taken out in groups or by experienced seasoned payers. You can try forming a group in zone chat if that's the one you're talking about.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your going to need to be more specific there are multiple different sea sload bosses in Summerset and what level your character is, if your struggling under level 50 that is normal, if your struggling while being relatively high champion point level it might just mean you need to change up your gear set up and the skills your using in your rotation.

If its the world boss one, that is intended for a group or an experienced player, usually with a high level. If it's one of the ones that show up in the Geysers, those are a bit easier than the world bosses but can still be challenging for a lower level character to do solo, best to be in a group or duo for those until your higher level.

If your talking about quest bosses or ones in public dungeons the difficulty will depend on your characters level, if your character is still under level 50, especially if its your first character with no champion points it can be more challenging due to the DLC/Chapter bosses being slightly harder than those found in the base game. Best bet if your struggling, is to level up a bit more, make sure your gear level is as close as possible to your character level and try again.

If your starting the game, might be worth unlocking one of the companions in Blackwood or High Isle to give you a bit of extra fire power, they can take a long time to level and become truly useful but even in the beginning they can make a useful meat shield.
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain OP. I played solo all the way through and the only way I could get the World Bosses was to 'occasionally' visit them. If I saw there was a fight on I would then jump in and 'help'.

If I was on my own - I would gently back away whilst avoiding eye contact LOL.

• amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing said Sea Slug is B'korgen. That thing takes a long time to kill even with a group, it's not worth doing solo. The best you can do is ask for help with it in zone chat, maybe someone will come. If not, it doesn't drop anything interesting anyway.
    PC EU
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good answers above on how to cope with challenging bosses. To OP's question specifically though, no, there is no way to change the difficulty. No difficulty slider or adjustments.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    I'm guessing said Sea Slug is B'korgen. That thing takes a long time to kill even with a group, it's not worth doing solo. The best you can do is ask for help with it in zone chat, maybe someone will come. If not, it doesn't drop anything interesting anyway.

This world boss is one of the hardest to solo. No need to beat yourself up over it.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JARTHEGREY wrote: »
    I feel your pain OP. I played solo all the way through and the only way I could get the World Bosses was to 'occasionally' visit them. If I saw there was a fight on I would then jump in and 'help'.

They are not meant to be soloed. At the end of the day Elder Scrolls Online is still an MMORPG.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay attention to Zone Chat. There are frequently groups that are either going around and killing all the bosses. Or, a single boss as needed. The quest for the boss is sharable with the group you are in.

You can also form your own group by offering to share the quest.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that sounds like B'Korgen, a royal PAIN to solo. And honestly it's only worth doing if you are a completionist player.
    It doesn't drop any unique loot and if you look at it as a time vs. reward ratio it's just not worth the time invested.

Don't beat yourself up or get frustrated. You can always put it down as a bucket list item for the future, a very challenging boss to solo certainly, but like zero repeat value lol.
    There are way more fun and rewarding challenges out there :)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are assuming the slug is B'Korgen, but there are other slugs that especially new/returning players have struggled with, such as K'Tora.

If your character isn't strong enough to just plow through it, here is an example of a way to do that one without getting swarmed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=22c1IloaEiA

If the world boss B'Korgen is the slug in question after all, come back with better gear and vet content skill unless you want to take it on as a team.
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I mostly solo and there are a few world bosses that are either a no go or not at all easy, even later in the game. The Murkmire monster boss (forget the name because the scars are still too deep--ha ha), Wyuvus in Vvardenfell, B'Korgen (the sea sload in Summerst) for example. As people said here, I usually wait until someone in zone asks for help or swing by and hope someone is there. Sometimes I will advertize for help in zone, but not often. At this point I can do almost all the world bosses though. Earlier in the game I could not.

For dungeons, I just keep expanding the ones I can do on normal and vet as I hone my character. If I want a specific set from a difficult dlc dungeon I do have a couple of friends I occasionally go in with. But for a bunch of dlcs, and trials, I just acceot that is content I will not do.

Edited to say there are a few dungeons that have cheap mechanics that exculde solo players that would otherwise be doable--Direfrost as an example. I think devs could easily make those few accessible for us unsocial solo players!
    Edited by Androrix on February 13, 2023 3:35PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

They are not meant to be soloed. At the end of the day Elder Scrolls Online is still an MMORPG.

I always wonder what exactly the intention is behind these sort of messages. Is it to discourage people from even trying? Fact of the matter is that except for a handful of exceptions World Bosses are very much doable on your own. They are also a nice milestone, a nice test for your build, know-how of the game and skill.

P.S. Wuyuvus can be killed by using Precognition, one of the morphs of the ultimate in the Psijic skill line.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I always wonder what exactly the intention is behind these sort of messages. Is it to discourage people from even trying? Fact of the matter is that except for a handful of exceptions World Bosses are very much doable on your own. They are also a nice milestone, a nice test for your build, know-how of the game and skill.

P.S. Wuyuvus can be killed by using Precognition, one of the morphs of the ultimate in the Psijic skill line.

I doubt that its as much to discourage players from trying as to explain that the content is meant for groups. Therefore individual players who find themselves unable to complete it solo, for whatever reason, shouldnt feel bad about it.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure if you are max level or not, but if you are looking for a strong solo build that’s easy to put together, check out Dooma gaming on YouTube. Builds for every class that are very beginner friendly.
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If OP means the Summerset WB sload, it’s far more easily soloable now with powercreep + HA builds than when Summerset launched, and it wasn’t that hard back then either.

The key is actually doing the mechs. If you don’t back off boss and kill orbs when that phase starts, sload keeps healing and then will be on forums saying it’s impossible to solo.

Boss, orbs, boss, orbs etc till dead.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the plaguebreak set makes soloing world bosses with a lot of adds like B'Korgen easier to do. In the case of B'Korgen it will turn the orbs and adds into bombs, allowing you to clear them quickly.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post