Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to chose items on the Q circle or in the fishing bait circle?

gryffon2
gryffon2
✭✭
Hello all, new player here. I play on PC using keyboard and mouse. The controls and key selection is a bit weird, but all in all makes sense after a bit, but 2 things I'm having huge issues with are the Q items selection and the fishing bait selection circles. The google search for a walkthru says, "Hold Q till the circle of selections appears. Then mouse over your selection you want and let go of Q." This would be super easy if I got a mouse pointer when I hit Q, but I don't get one. I can use my number pad to chose the items in the 4 cardinal directions, but any items in the diagonal directions cannot be selected. I get the same issue when trying to chose baits. I've tried hitting just about every buttom on my keyboard and mouse but no luck.

Am I missing something or is the Q and E function only really useful for console players?
  • gryffon2
    gryffon2
    ✭✭
    According to my control settings I should be able to just hit the left or right mouse buttons to scroll thru, which would be amazingly easy, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else having this issue?
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t have a cursor, but still, moving your mouse should highlight an option. Once the option you want has a small glow, you just release Q.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Cret92
    Cret92
    Soul Shriven
    It sounds to me like you're using the gamepad UI. I don't think the mouse will work with the gamepad version