The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Does every campaign gang up on AD?

Cuwen
Cuwen
✭✭✭
I don't understand why there is so much ganging up on AD for weeks in all the campaigns that I can see. AD will be in 3rd, have no scrolls, but EP and DC will still be gating us. Can anyone recommend a campaign where AD actually is competing or there is more of a balance?
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In EP zone chat, a common sentiment is that DC and AD gang up on us. I imagine that gets thrown out a lot in DC zone chat as well. It often pops up when a red keep is being sieged by blue, and then yellow flags another red keep in the other side of the map.

At the end of the day, it's just tactics. A faction logged off? gate them to get as much points as possible. two factions are distracted? Get points at the other side of the map, and it's probably nothing personal against AD.

The silver lining is being in the faction that's being "ganged up on" lets you find more outnumbered fights easily if you're that kind of guy.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this is just a side effect of a 3 way battle

at different points, every faction is going to feel like they are teamed up against

like last night in PC NA blackreach, AD had 2 bar pop against locked red and blue, and we were getting stomped at fare by a red and a blue ball group, eventually we lost because we were purely outnumbered, but then at that point red/blue were fighting each other in the keep for a good while

situations like that happen for the other factions too, ive seen it where blue and yellow were gating red, or yellow and red were gating blue too

(i play AD for reference)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who's played extensively in every faction: every faction claims the others gang up on them. Every faction claims that all the other factions do is zerg/sit in stealth/PvDoor/spam siege/whatever other unfun tactic you wanna insert here. It's just confirmation bias.

Editing to add: a lot of it comes down to when you play and what PvP groups are on during the hours you play. Hard-core Cyrodiil groups tend to play at the same time everyday, so the map tends to change in waves. If you only play during the time most of the AD groups are offline and most of the EP/DC groups are killing it, then it'll always seem like AD is behind, even if 5 hours later the AD groups login and flip the map yellow.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on February 9, 2023 5:35PM
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows there are 3 factions in Cyrodil. However there are also 3 teams: Purple (ep+DC), Orange (AD+EP) and Green (AD+DC).
    When two factions are fighting, the third faction has to decide which one to attack, ie which team to create.
    If AD and DC are fighting, EP could create either team orange or purple. This has a lot of implications. Lets say DC is not fully committed to attack AD. Then they will stop attacking and go to fight EP. Since AD is now free, AD could then attack DC (team orange) or go and take EP stuff (team green).

There are some general strategy rules for how to decide which team to create. However, you will look in vain to find this writen down anywhere.

Late night (EST) on GH for much of the last two years has been reliably team green with EP low pop. Often 7 bars team green vs 2 bars EP.

Last night, end of camp on GH, team green was active with 4 evals left. However, EP was full pop and repelled a big AD attack at BRK, then repelled DC at Chal. At that point, DC switched to attacking AD and it was team purple. Ad got gated and lost all their keeps and ended up in third place.

It is brutal being double-teamed but it is built into how the game is set up.

Now, long ago, there were enough PvP players online that effectively there were two or more large groups per faction. In that scenario, half of each faction could be fighting half of each other faction so that everything is even and no one is double teamed. But, those days are long gone.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play mainly GH and I'm on NA PS server.

My experience has seen mostly team purple. Where EP and DC ignore each other while attacking AD. They even worked together at Fare, each took a scroll, etc... I mean they literally were only killing AD and walking away from each other.

Overall though there is are no alliance teams other than working with your own alliance.

The only thing I want to know is population count of my own alliance. You can leave the bar of the other group but it would be nice to know how many players in the alliance are on playing.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on February 9, 2023 7:32PM
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, every alliance has people that think that “ the other alliances only attack us and not each other”. In my experience, this is only true when one alliance has emperor, or lately, at the end of the campaign when the 2nd and 3rd place alliances will team up to gate the 1st place alliance. This has happened the last 2 campaigns on PC/NA/GH, to AD this last campaign and to DC the one before.

On the other hand, I’ve also seen situations where one alliance exhibits weakness (doesn’t have any aggressive ball groups on, isn’t watching their keeps, etc.) and zone generals in my alliance will decide it’s time to focus on that weak one and try to get everyone else to go along. In my experience it rarely goes as well as they’d like, but it does happen.
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing Ravenwatch yesterday and Team Green was definitely active.

Blues owned everything except the Yellow 3 home keeps. On two separate occasions, Reds went in and took back their 3 home keeps, only to have Blue come and take them back. Once they had them back, Blues still made no move at all against the Yellow keeps.

As a last resort, Reds attacked Bloodmayne, only to have it successfully defended. Still, blues made no push on the 3 Yellow keeps and Yellow made no move against anything the Blues owned.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ray
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, so let's do some math...

3 platforms x 2 servers = 6 main campaign maps and another 12 maps that folks play...

so, about 18 maps or so...

yes, everyone does in fact team up on AD, even other AD players...

and, it definitely has nothing to do with the yellow tinted glasses you may be wearing...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2023 5:04AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When. I rolled into ep tonight we had no scrolls but. Fair amount of the map. As I was leaving the server dc mowed us down. There have been countless times when ad and dc gang up on us. It happens.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on February 14, 2023 5:17AM
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who's played on all alliances, some one two servers, everything always thinks they get ganged up on.

Because at times, they do. The random zergs that form have a straight line mentality for the most part.

Plus if you're AD, you might see DC and EP taking your stuff, but might miss that there's some DC and EP fighting over Bruma or Dragonclaw.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're always gonna get oranged or purpled or greened depending on which faction you're on for that campaign.

If you're on one of the unlocked campaigns though they're used for farming so the color rules don't apply lol.
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that every faction feels ganged up on by the other two.

However, the map also plays a role here. It's simply easier for red and blue to come south than it is to move east-west over the northern portion of the map. There are more mountains and less space to maneuver in the north compared to the relatively open lanes in the south. This also contributes.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

However, the map also plays a role here. It's simply easier for red and blue to come south than it is to move east-west over the northern portion of the map. There are more mountains and less space to maneuver in the north compared to the relatively open lanes in the south. This also contributes.

My experience as a long-time DC loyalist differs. The disorganized mass of DC soloers just seems to gravitate east towards Bleakers/Chalman much more often than south to Nikel/Roebeck, even when we don’t hold Ash. We can have half a dozen zone generals yelling to head to Ash and the zerg will STILL trickle towards Chal, only to get wiped repeatedly.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Any other answer is just whitewashing.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not even trying to hide it right now on Xbox gray host
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    upfmtuy4vn22.png
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    upfmtuy4vn22.png

I logged off DC just before this and the zone chat was all about paying AD back for the earlier PvDoor and AP farming at Glade by a certain AD ball group, who then proceeded to do the same thing at Arrius. I guess this is the result <shrug>
    Edited by Marcus684 on February 20, 2023 3:10AM
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There definitely is some animosity on DC side about whatever AD has don earlier. It'll be alright though. It goes through cycles
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Every time AD crosses the nibben river the southern keeps should get the love and attention they deserve ^^
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD tends to want a balanced map, human nature, so they want a Brindle to Drake line of keeps. This is because of how the map appears. AD is central while the other two factions are on the side.

This could be changed by making the other factions map show their faction at the bottom in the middle. Not going to happen.

One way mile gates are another issue. Seems odd that one faction can jump over while the other faction is stuck on their side.

Cyrodiil never changes.
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the time of day, that's all.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

My experience as a long-time DC loyalist differs. The disorganized mass of DC soloers just seems to gravitate east towards Bleakers/Chalman much more often than south to Nikel/Roebeck, even when we don’t hold Ash. We can have half a dozen zone generals yelling to head to Ash and the zerg will STILL trickle towards Chal, only to get wiped repeatedly.

i certify this - truth worthy...

i'd rather be at chalman than dragonclaw...

ash is soooooo far away from either glademist or aleswell...i'll time it my next trip perhaps - it feels a long way though, like arrius to chalman, or farragut to drakelowe...

just timed ales to ash: 86 seconds...boo...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 21, 2023 12:46AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD tends to want a balanced map, human nature, so they want a Brindle to Drake line of keeps. This is because of how the map appears. AD is central while the other two factions are on the side.

This could be changed by making the other factions map show their faction at the bottom in the middle. Not going to happen.

One way mile gates are another issue. Seems odd that one faction can jump over while the other faction is stuck on their side.

Cyrodiil never changes.

thats one of the reasons that the alessia bridge is pretty good because it fully blocks off travel on that point, so either fight somewhere else or take the really long way around

i think some of it also has to do with the map too

the area up north connecting EP and DC sections is very mountainous and has a lot of trees so LOS fighting becomes way harder as there is less area to set up siege too, while all of the area near AD stuff is mostly flat open terrain
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Lucien_Torriel
    Same thing goes on in Under 50 Cyrodill. One player singlehandedly goes from place to place and conquerors the map. He uses his other character to boost his armor to the point where he is invincible to a degree. Standing in area of attacks, not taking any damage, while getting attacking by multiple npcs. Takes over castles by themselves, takes scrolls by themself. AD will have to mass together to do the exact same thing and will never be able to reacquire all of the scrolls. This has been going on for about a week. I hope he gets bored and finds something else to do. Nobody can get what he has at that level if they are first starting out.
    Options