The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Get rid of Volendrung, please!

The3sFinest
The3sFinest
✭✭✭✭
It causes so many issues with performance every time it shows up. I usually have little lag, but immediately cannot do anything when the hammer spawns. Weapon swap, skill fire delay, crashes! I could not even get on my character because I ported to a keep quickly without realizing the hammer was there and I crashed, immediate login errors for 10 minutes.

I am not the only one with these issues, everyone is chat is voicing their concerns for this stupid decision to let it stay when it spawns. Please, it needs to go to preserve what little decent performance we have on Playstation 5.
:'(
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volendrung needs to be event-only.

But we need Cheesemonger's Hollow around 24/7 to clear the bugged debuffs.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it a strange cheesy addition (pun intended). It would be more fun if it was only part of events like Jester’s festival or was one of several occasional events that could happen. If performance wasn’t limiting, I think it would be awesome if the invading daedra became a major threat every so often, rampaging and destroying keeps until the Cyrodiil dolmens are closed.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair we were supposed to have other things added on top of that to spice things up, like other special weapons but those were back burned it seems because of performance.

Also, in general, consoles are a mess if you are indeed on PS5. Also, I am not sure if it is still a thing or on console but here on PC we have a Volendrung free campaign and honestly, it always seems dead to me so it tells me that as much as people want it to go away... they don't.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    To be fair we were supposed to have other things added on top of that to spice things up, like other special weapons but those were back burned it seems because of performance.

Also, in general, consoles are a mess if you are indeed on PS5. Also, I am not sure if it is still a thing or on console but here on PC we have a Volendrung free campaign and honestly, it always seems dead to me so it tells me that as much as people want it to go away... they don't.

That campaign is probably emptier because people prefer to play with their CP and/or all sets rather than based on preferences regarding Volendrung. I would play in Ravenwatch more (and avoid the over-tuned proc sets) but my guilds are more in Blackreach at present.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That campaign is probably emptier because people prefer to play with their CP and/or all sets rather than based on preferences regarding Volendrung. I would play in Ravenwatch more (and avoid the over-tuned proc sets) but my guilds are more in Blackreach at present.

Most likely. I don't have an issue with the campaign and would play in it more often if it was more populated. I don't mind Volendrung though at all and I hope that when they fix the lag or improve things, the other artifacts they planned are introduced. It's just, for me, easier. I play Magcro and usually solo so you can imagine why I took so much time off lol. I got bored of the harmony build and don't do PvE enough to get the dragonstar arena staff so my build options aren't ideal or even close to top tier... unless I am in a no-CP campaign. Weird but hey... it works.

I don't really have an issue with the hammer, last night I was both fighting alongside the person holding it and also fighting the alliance that had it and experienced no lag. That's PC though. I know that this would alienate a portion of the customers but maybe, because of console memory limits, they should have PC-only things. Idk, probably creates an uproar but makes sense to me.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung adds nothing of value to this game, literally. It causes more lag than there already is. It encourages players to cheat (Dropping hammer to another alliance for gold) and overall, it's just a useless mechanic. Make it event only or remove it entirely
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    It causes so many issues with performance every time it shows up. I usually have little lag, but immediately cannot do anything when the hammer spawns. Weapon swap, skill fire delay, crashes! I could not even get on my character because I ported to a keep quickly without realizing the hammer was there and I crashed, immediate login errors for 10 minutes.

I am not the only one with these issues, everyone is chat is voicing their concerns for this stupid decision to let it stay when it spawns. Please, it needs to go to preserve what little decent performance we have on Playstation 5.
    :'(

I dont think it's the hammer itself, I think it's that so many people show up to battle for it. That many players all in the same cell on the map makes people crash.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont play in the no proc/no volendrung campaign because it is utterly boring lol, procs make things fun to me (even when i get killed by them)

from my experience on PC/NA it doesnt matter if volendrung is around or not, if half of the cyro campaign is fighting at 1 keep, theres going to be some lag issues there no matter what (after the hardware upgrade last year it really does take like 50-75%+ of the entire cyro population at one fight for me to start noticing the lag again)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i dont play in the no proc/no volendrung campaign because it is utterly boring lol, procs make things fun to me (even when i get killed by them)

I don't play in the no proc campaign because it's deserted and not alliance locked so it can be easily cheesed. I only use it to port out of IC.

It's not the procs or lack of procs, it's the popularity of the campaign and whether it's alliance locked. If the most popular campaign was a no proc alliance locked campaign I'd play there instead of Grey Host.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't play in the no proc campaign because it's deserted and not alliance locked so it can be easily cheesed. I only use it to port out of IC.

It's not the procs or lack of procs, it's the popularity of the campaign and whether it's alliance locked. If the most popular campaign was a no proc alliance locked campaign I'd play there instead of Grey Host.

i dont mind a low pop campaign (unless its like a 1 bar faction pop vs 3 bar faction pop, thats wildly unbalanced), because low pop = easy AP in the form of pvdoor (its less exciting than a big battle, but still good for AP gains)

if im in cyro, its to earn AP primarily lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014