Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does Anyone Know if There is a "Hug" Annimation in the game?

Treemagnet
Treemagnet
✭✭✭
I just finished the first of Companion Ember's three quests (rescue the Kajiit in Morrowind) and after exiting the mine I really thought Ember was going to give him a big hug but no physical interaction between the two. Just curious.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any emotes in the game where two characters, or a character and an NPC, directly interact?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Are there any emotes in the game where two characters, or a character and an NPC, directly interact?

not currently to my knowledge

the closest thing to a "group emote" is the witches bonfire memento (where the group can interact with the bonfire), or a 2 person mount
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

not currently to my knowledge

the closest thing to a "group emote" is the witches bonfire memento (where the group can interact with the bonfire), or a 2 person mount

There's also kyne memento, campfire and technically new live we all dance together.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would mudballs count as interacting with another player?

But no thanks to hugs, unless there's an option to accept it. I can see creepy players abusing this emote.

Ideally you'd activate the emote at another player and the character would make an open arms gesture. Then, if the other player wanted a hug, they'd activate their hug emote, opening their arms and both characters hug.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »
    Would mudballs count as interacting with another player?

But no thanks to hugs, unless there's an option to accept it. I can see creepy players abusing this emote.

Ideally you'd activate the emote at another player and the character would make an open arms gesture. Then, if the other player wanted a hug, they'd activate their hug emote, opening their arms and both characters hug.

i think thats basically how destiny 2 handles multi-player emotes

one person activates and it "readies" them, with a glowy spot another player can stand in to activate and play the 2 person emote for example

i dont know if eso has that kind of thing built in though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities