Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Long Lost Lore - Mage Quest Bugged ?

MKLS
MKLS
✭✭✭
UPDATE: Sorted Now

Tried going through the portal again this morning as I didn't want to restart from scratch for a forth time - and it worked :)

.........................................................................................................

Hi anyone else having problems with this quest ?
So far I have abandoned and restarted it 3 times with the same result each time.

Every time I get to the part where it asks you to close the portal I kill the 2 mobs that spawn and close the portal - another NPC comes out which I kill but the quest still wants me to close an already closed portal :(

Anyone else found a way round this please.
Edited by MKLS on April 1, 2014 9:32AM
  • Jonplummer99b14_ESO
    Misery loves company. I have it too. At least I know now I can abandon and retry. Thanks for that. I have bugged and sent in a ticket. I did this in beta with no problem.
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    The portal closes in two or three phases. You need to kill two or three, I don't remember which, sets of monsters. The portal changes colors after each phase and will only disappear after you kill the final set on monsters.
  • sgoff2006
    sgoff2006
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happened to me, luckily, I only had to abandon it and restart it once to get it working.. just so you know its possible
  • MKLS
    MKLS
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies :)

UPDATE: Tried going through the portal again this morning as I didn't want to restart from scratch for a forth time - and it worked :)

So for anyone else with the same problem - if abandoning hasn't fixed it - try sending bug reports and waiting 24 hrs
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    now...what will fix it? the bug report or waiting 24 hours? lol :wink:
  • Technamage
    Sending a bug report? Been there, done that. Got back the answer "either restart the quest or forget about it".
    So i deleted the quest and did it again (including the previous step where i have to go get the books in the ruins).
    Guess what? I got stuck again after 2 waves of mobs.
    This is very unfortunate because if prevents the progression with the Mages' Guild.
    Hopefully they fix it very soon!
  • theonez
    theonez
    I am stuck too.