Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild and Guild Bank Question

Kyosji
Kyosji
✭✭✭
So, me and some friends started a small guild. STD, yeah double meaning there. Question I have is this. Since we do not really have any plans to make a big guild, at least not at first, but want to get the guild bank (need 10 members), could we ask some people to join just to get the bank up? Or will we lose the bank once we drop below 10 people again?
  • Simonie
    Simonie
    That is a great question, I would like to know to since I plan on having a very small guild with close friends.
    Templar | Member of Légion QC | Aldmeri Dominion
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    With 8 chars per account it should be possible to get enough people in it. I'm not sure but I think i've heard that you don't need 10 accounts in the guild. And if you go below the 10 the guild bank will be closed. You can still take something out, but you can't deposit any more.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it doesn't count characters, only accounts. My guild of 4 accounts has well more than 10 characters between us all.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    I know that when I created a new character on beta, it automatically had me in the guild. I don't think characters add to your guild bank, only accounts.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Never tested it myself, but the word I've always heard is once you drop below ten players, you can no longer add anything to the bank. You'll still be able to get your stuff out, but once you take it out, you can't put it back in- until you get more than 9 players again.
  • Felo
    Felo
    ✭✭
    As soon as your guild has less then 10 members, the guild bank is no longer available. But you are always able to take things out of the guild bank.
    :)Guild Leader of The Psijic Orderon EU Server :)

• alianos.homeb16_ESO
    alianos.homeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    We have the same issue and I really cannot see why there is such a restriction. They realize people might wanna play in small groups (i.e. 4man instances) but we cannot get a guild bank between us? As if don't have enough problems already.
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    It's to avoid a free 500 slot bank for yourself. If it were possible, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Step 1: Create a guild of just me
    Step 2: Have all 500 bank slots just for myself.
    Step 3: #Winning.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    It's to avoid a free 500 slot bank for yourself. If it were possible, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Step 1: Create a guild of just me
    Step 2: Have all 500 bank slots just for myself.
    Step 3: #Winning.

Step 1: start a guild with 4 of your close friends you know and play together with
    Step 2: Form a guild
    Step 3: Be punished for only wanting to play with people you know.
  • alianos.homeb16_ESO
    alianos.homeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Understandable, but still it could be allowed for smaller guilds, i.e. guilds of 4 people. Making the guild bank roughly proportional to the number of people in the guild also sounds as a decent solution.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you will lose the ability to put stuff in once people leave. It is to avoid the very thing people are attempting to do - having a nice free huge bank.
  • jegri72
    jegri72
    Soul Shriven
    OH, but there IS a way. Takes some time & work...but there is a way. I've done it.