The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forced to reset my forum password?

StormBlade512
StormBlade512
✭✭✭
Came on to discover I'd been logged out of the forum site. I tried to login and I was forced to change my password. Did this happen to anyone else?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar issue.

Very recently I was unexpectedly signed out of the forums (when I was in the middle of creating a new discussion). I got signed out even when I had the "keep me signed in" box checked. I did not get a password reset though. I discovered this issue earlier today.

I'm wondering if these "unexpectedly signed out of forums" is a bug.

Edited by wilykcat on February 6, 2023 10:31PM
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting, glad it isn't just me having issues. Before I experienced this, when I opened forums on chrome I was hit with some kind of "can't access site" error. Not sure if that's relevant 👀
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    It is relevant. Just happened to me as well.

RE: passsword reset: is it possible your old pw was too short? If password requirements were changed since you last logged in, then it would make sense that you'd be required to change it.
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »
    It is relevant. Just happened to me as well.

RE: passsword reset: is it possible your old pw was too short? If password requirements were changed since you last logged in, then it would make sense that you'd be required to change it.

No my old password was at least 16 digits long. ESO forums crapping the bed, it seems
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was logged out today as well. No password change though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was signed out, but no password change. It happens periodically, even if you have the option checked to stay signed in.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 7, 2023 12:57AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    I was logged out today as well. No password change though.

Same here.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard there's an issue sometimes where if you login with your username instead of email it can cause a password reset like I had..so maybe that was it?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening to me, too.
    PCNA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here
    Soupy twist