Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is going on with all the sticky threads?

alternatelder
alternatelder
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm on chrome mobile. All the sticky threads got separated from the top and are getting pushed down, or they are gone. Am I the only one seeing this?
Edited by alternatelder on February 6, 2023 3:42PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on chrome mobile. All the sticky threads got separated from the top and are getting pushed down, or they are gone. Am I the only one seeing this?

On Chrome desktop, all but two are unstickied for me as well. @ZOS_Kevin?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for noting this for us. We are aware something is going on with sticky threads and we're investigating.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for noting this for us. We are aware something is going on with sticky threads and we're investigating.

Good to hear, thanks!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're bouncy threads now.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this on Chrome on both my desktop and phone. I rather like it, the sticky threads had become so numerous of late that there was so much scrolling required to get to the main part of the forum.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanilla strikes again.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »
      I noticed this on Chrome on both my desktop and phone. I rather like it, the sticky threads had become so numerous of late that there was so much scrolling required to get to the main part of the forum.

If you don't want to keep up with some of the stickies (after they get them back) you can mouseover the envelope icon, it changes to a settings icon, click it and select Dismiss. The sticky will go away for at least a few days IIRC.

• Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      TaSheen wrote: »

If you don't want to keep up with some of the stickies (after they get them back) you can mouseover the envelope icon, it changes to a settings icon, click it and select Dismiss. The sticky will go away for at least a few days IIRC.

Thanks. I like having stickies as a way of keeping currently important threads visible, but my experience is that if there are more than 4 or 5 they become lost in the mass of stickies anyway.
    • tohopka_eso
      tohopka_eso
      ✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I like having stickies as a way of keeping currently important threads visible, but my experience is that if there are more than 4 or 5 they become lost in the mass of stickies anyway.

I'm the same way. Was keeping up on just 5 of them but there was just too many
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I assumed it was deliberate; that someone at ZOS had finally decided it was impractical to have so many (especially since I think some of them weren't really being used and it certainly didn't stop people making their own threads on related topics) and cleared them out.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      ^

Yeah, there were too many of them. Good opportunity to clean it up a little bit.
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You mean it was a mistake? I thought we were being blessed with an uncluttered front page. 😔
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • cyclonus11
      cyclonus11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If there's going to be more than 3 sticky threads, it's probably best to just have a "sticky" sticky - a sticky thread with links to all the official threads.
    • Taggund
      Taggund
      ✭✭✭✭
      This is an improvement.
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      cyclonus11 wrote: »
      If there's going to be more than 3 sticky threads, it's probably best to just have a "sticky" sticky - a sticky thread with links to all the official threads.

Great idea!

• VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like the sticky threads. Yeah, there's a lot right now, but it really does make it easier to reference them quickly while they're current.
    • JoeCapricorn
      JoeCapricorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They need more tape! More adhesive! Someone splashed olive oil on them and made them unsticky
      I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
    • wilykcat
      wilykcat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Maybe @ZOS_Kevin is getting some duct tape for the unstuck threads to make them sticky again.
    • Jamie_Aubrey
      Jamie_Aubrey
      ✭✭✭✭
      Who cares, leave it as it is, I no longer have 200 pinned threads at the top of the page now
      RETIRED FROM ESO
      PC/EU
      Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sadly we're back to 15 stickies now, complete overkill. It needs thinning out.

@ZOS_Kevin Any thoughts on this please?
    • Thormar
      Thormar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Sadly we're back to 15 stickies now, complete overkill. It needs thinning out.

@ZOS_Kevin Any thoughts on this please?
      I have just seen the same thing also. A LOT of stickies.
      But I am down to 4 now, thanks to TaSheen's settings icon tip.

What if I go north? Disappear.
      Would you come after me?
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

Could we please get this same functionality for regular threads?
      We need an option to hide threads that we don't want to have cluttering our view of the thread listing.
        PC/NA Warden Main