The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thoughts on NPC Designs

KaironBlackbard
KaironBlackbard
✭✭✭
My first thoughts go straight to Fauns, and how though they are a full race and not a magical or daedric creation, they all look the same with so difference between male or female.
That, and all the named Fauns are all Male, so where are the females? I would have thought you'd see some in Faun's Thicket, but if you can I can't tell the difference.
As a suggestion, all they really need to do is remove the antlers of the "female" Faun, as deer does don't have antlers.
Anyone have any other comments?
Admins? Thoughts?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 9, 2023 6:31PM
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Should this have gone under lore?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are probably like Minotaurs where there are females but they're not pictured in-game. Actually, same with Giants... though, there are like... two I can think of.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one as a vanity pet.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    They are probably like Minotaurs where there are females but they're not pictured in-game. Actually, same with Giants... though, there are like... two I can think of.

Got a reference article? Reference Image?
    Location within which game?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Got a reference article? Reference Image?
    Location within which game?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Matriarch_Runa
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Matriarch_Aldis
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they mate with spriggan.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be better if all the Faun weren't named as male, but female faun could definitely have antlers. They don't need to follow real-life biology. Plus, all reindeer have antlers
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • CamelhairNerve
    CamelhairNerve
    Soul Shriven
    It would be better if all the Faun weren't named as male, but female faun could definitely have antlers. They don't need to follow real-life biology. Plus, all reindeer have antlers
    We can tell who is who because the females still have their Antlers during New Life. :)
    Don't mind me. I never do.