Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Murkmire Achievement Bugged Surreptitiously Shadowed - Cholxth

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently this is still bugged.

I am not getting the credit for talking to Cholxth and then when talking to her again I get a blue screen every time. See screenshots in order of what occurs. Also screenshot of not getting the initial Cross Paths portion.

bgodf2a5ul0s.jpg
8vkc4jooe8b2.jpg
te6yu5rlg49s.jpg
c89wcwcqcgjf.jpg
8ne5w2x25vy3.jpg
]

Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 16, 2024 5:22PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veinblood1965

If you've not done so already, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support for this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • S_Northman
    S_Northman
    ✭✭
    I have exactly the same bug with the PC version
    Apart that there is no blue screen, but the ESO client crashes.
    I made an in-game bug report.
    When the client crashes, I submit the report through the window that open for reporting crashes.
    I posted a message in the English and French sections of the forum.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @S_Northman

Do you have your support ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Veinblood1965

If you've not done so already, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support for this issue.

ZOS_Bill ticket created, 230309-001640. Thank you.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ticket was closed as I did not respond to a text within 15 minutes.

The text advised for the error code to update my PS4 and try updating and reinstalling the game. It is updated however I am not wanting to uninstall and reinstall the game yet as that takes a long time, I'll try that as a last resort.

I was also advised to clear the Cashe, I'll try that when I get home and update here once I see if that works.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veinblood1965

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos_Bill thank you. I opened a new ticket as the suggested fixes from my last ticket did not work. 230320-001252
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veinblood1965

It looks like support is awaiting your response back on ticket 230320-001252.
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS_Bill. Sent them a response. They asked me to unplug my router and internet access etc and restart. I'd done that prior to trying their last set of suggestions. Posting it here in case it helps someone else.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on March 23, 2023 6:03PM
  • Krayvaan
    Krayvaan
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill , I'm having the same issue.

Any time I try and progress the achievement: "Surreptitiously Shadowed" with the NPC Choixth in Murkmire, and can reproduce a crash in the game client.

It also doesn't allow the achievement to progress. I've had my 'first' encounter with her 5x now, and the achievement doesn't record it.

I'm on PC-EU.

- The first time I talk to her (she always uses the 'first time encounter dialogue'), I choose <Remain Silent> every time until she cracks.
    - The second time I talk to her within the same encounter, I choose <Remain Silent> once, then "Fine, I'll talk"
    - If I try to talk to her a 3rd time, the game client crashes, and the error log pops up.

I've been able to reproduce this twice in the exact same way now.

I've submitted a ticket, with the reference: 230325-002011
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Krayvaan

Please check your forum inbox for an update.
    Staff Post
  • MrPikPik
    MrPikPik
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Bill I am also encountering this issue. I can manage to reliably crash the game by speaking to Choixth. I have also submitted a bug report more than 4 months ago (221110-003262) and have been waiting for a fix since then. My personal suspicion about this is that there is a connection to the account wide achievement changes and/or the changes with patch 8.2.5 regarding Choixth in Summerset and Murkmire.
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it still not fixed? I have the exact same problem ...
  • thomjoebrown
    thomjoebrown
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Bill

Customer Service informed me there was nothing they could do to assist me in this same issue. The game will not progress the achievement and speaking with the NPC crashes the game. I have found her 4 times (which takes quite a while given the nature of random encounters) and the game crashes each time without progressing the achievement.

Ticket numbers for Customer Service Report and Bug report are as follows. Request assistance...

230504-005246
    230504-006284

Link to a separate post I made which has also not received a response:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633145/surreptitiously-shadowed-achievement-bugged-no-way-to-get-zos-to-help#latest

Appreciate any assistance for this achievement as it is a hold out for that area for me.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @thomjoebrown

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your request.
    Staff Post
  • thomjoebrown
    thomjoebrown
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Bill,

Thank you for your message. I have responded and submitted another ticket.

230512-004493
  • thomjoebrown
    thomjoebrown
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Everyone,

Just an FYI that I have a video (in two parts) showing the bug. I am on PC and its happening just like with the rest of you (achievement doesn't proceed and the game crashes when speaking to her multiple times). I have sent the videos to the customer support team, but unsure what will happen.

If the customer support team asks you for a video, please let me know. I am sure I can post it on youtube or something so that you can reference it instead of spending 4+ hours searching for her when you know it won't actually count and when you know it will crash your client. Cheers!
  • thomjoebrown
    thomjoebrown
    Soul Shriven
    From ESO Support in response to my video,

"I appreciate you taking the time to report this behavior to us. I have escalated the information to the development team for review and they found this behavior to be occurring specifically with the first step of the Surreptitiously Shadowed being unlocked.

We are working towards a fix in a future update to ESO. Keep an eye on future patch notes for the fix."
  • Neptherbal
    Neptherbal
    Soul Shriven
    A fellow Guild Mate without access the forums is also experiencing this bug on pc-eu and has had over 5 interactions with this npc, resulting in his game crashing every time.

Is there any way that his achievement can be pushed towards next stages so he can complete it?

230707-002213 is his ticket reference
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Neptherbal

Please check your forum inbox for further details on this ticket.
    Staff Post
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Also having this issue. PC-NA. Ticket # 231016-003178.

The reply to my submitted ticket just stated that it is a known issue and to subscribe to the "article" about it (which I did), but apparently the problem has been going on for quite a while.

I did not get the correct greeting/dialogue for a non-argonian DB member who had met Choixth in Summerset, just the generic greeting with only the two reply options "Remain silent" and "Fine, I'll talk". Dialogue did not continue as intended, but instead only offered "Goodbye" as in the OP's third screen shot. The first-encounter stage of the achievement did not register, and subsequent meetings with Choixth resulted in the exact same scenario so there is no progression. All achievement stages remain grayed out.

I know the issue isn't going to stop the earth's rotation or anything, but being a bit of a furnishing junkie it would be nice if this portion of the game worked as intended so we could obtain the grave-stake furnishing. I don't know how long it usually takes for this sort of issue to be resolved though; perhaps I should just be more patient...?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @centime

This is an issue the dev team is aware of and will take a future patch to resolve.
    Staff Post
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, @ZOS_Bill, for your reply. I will be patient, then. 8)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @centime

This is an issue the dev team is aware of and will take a future patch to resolve.

Thank you!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @centime and @Veinblood1965

You're welcome.
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill I have an update on this that may help with identifying the issue. I was playing on a PS4 NA server when the blue screen lockup was occurring above.

I recently upgraded to a PS5 and now when I interact with the NPC I do NOT get the blue screen lock up however nothing at all happens. After selecting "Fine I'll Talk", nothing at all happens, the achievement does not turn white to show I've interacted, nothing. No further dialogue at all.

Perhaps this is an account issue or a Playstation server issue instead of the "type" of platform we are using?
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on December 27, 2023 3:14PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veinblood1965

Thank you for sharing this information regarding how on the PS5 you're not getting the blue screen but the achievement still isn't working.
    Staff Post
  • dudu_biberveldt
    Guys, try to make this achieve with a character without Drak Brotherhood questline started, it helped me.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, try to make this achieve with a character without Drak Brotherhood questline started, it helped me.

I can confirm that this worked. I used a level 3 character and was able to interact and get credit for the achievement. Thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @dudu_biberveldt - Thank you for sharing this workaround!

@Veinblood1965 - We appreciate the update that you've finally gotten credit for the Murkmire achievement. With that being the case, this thread will now be closed.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.