The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CreepySpydre
CreepySpydre
✭✭✭
For over 18 times in a row now the computer I have been playing ESO for over a year is constantly being harassed with the Unknown computer [snip]
If I try to go to the game directly I get the pop up box asking for the code or you need to wait for 24 hours. Now here is the fun part no code is sent.
Using the launcher to log into my account, I get the verification pop up box, but the site will send the code.
There is a 90% chance I can get into the game afterward. The other 10% I still get the verification box, with no code sent, even though the account is still up and running on the browser. I can leave the game fire it up again and I can log in.
In those 18 fun days, I have change pw twice, and since this the only site that gives me grief this would also suggest this is a you problem.

Since you ignored my in game ticket I made about a week ago, I figure I shall try here. I have been with the game since early release, but with this issue thinking of cancelling the sub and not get the next expansion.

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2023 12:48PM
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    I'm completely convinced that my in-game account has no 2fa coverage because it has literally *never* asked for an access code despite me moving halfway across the country and changing IP addresses regularly. I don't think it even asked for one when I played for the first time.

I recently reinstalled windows, redownloaded the client and it STILL let me login with just my password. Something is seriously wrong with this function.
    Edited by StormBlade512 on February 5, 2023 2:22PM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with logging into account needing code (and getting one) started for me late last November with a large update. It will only recognize my computer now if I log in again (after getting a code) twice in maybe 24 hours. After that, next day, need a code.
    With multiple accounts that are on and off of Plus all the time it IS super annoying.
    No answers from support since the first few at the beginning.. the ticket has gone stale 3 times and I've posted in it to 'revive' it with no response. I've given up.

Now when I do get to the account page I get the Linked Accounts display and can't get to just the account summary page unless I make a purchase. Was told to reset my browser to default settings, clear cache, etc., none of which works. This started a couple of weeks ago and multiple players have the issue.

The popup when logging into the game I get occasionally but if I retype the password it works - perhaps I entered the wrong password sometimes the first time, idk.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another post… a comment I made:

I just got a popup saying the game didn’t recognize my computer and it would be sending me an access code. I waited and waited for the email to come. Never did.

But it dawned on me.

I had entered the wrong password. I had absent mindedly entered a password I use for something else.
    So I backed out and entered the correct password and got in fine.

So my suggestion to anyone having the issue of the game not recognizing your computer… sign into the website to make sure you’re typing your password correctly. LOL. You never know!!
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turns out it's even MORE annoying when you actually DO log in from a new machine. So annoying in fact that one simply cannot log in ever again.

No matter what it appears the email with the code is exactly one behind. So for example if I attempt to log in it tells me to check my mail and enter the code in it. Except this mail NEVER comes. So after a while I tried again. Then an email arrives so naturally I assume this is the one I need and I enter the code... but it isn't. It's in fact the previous email with the previous code I had been waiting on which is now invalid because I had made a second request.

I've kinda been loosing interest in the game lately. This really might be the nail in the coffin for me. I'm not going to sit around refreshing my email for 24 hours straight in the hopes that it shows up before it becomes invalid...
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this issue last night and tonight. Popup box, 'enter code or wait 24 hours', no mail, enter password again, it logs in.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I did manage to finally log in after two days. Hopping on a single toon. Fed their horse. Logged off.

It's now a day or so later and I'm being hit with this problem again. Can't log in. Have to wait 30-60 minutes for an email that allows me to. I think I'm done here. It's bad enough when players have to deal with bugs for the simplest stuff in-game but now even logging in is a chore that requires the utmost dedicate? No thanks.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.