The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I feel world setting of alliance war is strange and unrealistic.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭

We can have different alliance multiple character.
And they can exchange their items and gear each other through the personal bank space.
And, they can live same house just like the family. So I feel those my characters coexist
at the same time in the world.

Meaning is they can be spying each other.

We are killing ally alliance soldier through the PVE area quest so many times.

We are doing dungeon mission with your enemy alliance players.
I feel very strange impression when I saw other alliance flag effect of DK ultimate skill.

Each alliance leader accept so easily other alliance players at the PVE story quest.
(<exam> Last sequence of Druid story.)

I know we're treated just like the mercenary soldier. But those situation bring
very strange feeling to me sometimes.
Edited by AvalonRanger on February 4, 2023 2:58AM
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

I feel world setting of alliance war is strange and unrealistic. 20 votes

Yes. I feel sometimes just like that.
45%
AvalonRangerJacen_VeronAztriasPurpleScrollTensarSiantarKilianDermothMarcus_JusticiaKnightofGears 9 votes
No. Alliance war world setting is totally OK.
45%
LarsSAuroranGoldenEagleReverbRaddlemanNumber7SilverIce58Artim_XspartaxoxoAmotticaisadoraisacat 9 votes
Other.
10%
Shardan4968LunaFlora 2 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canonically, Meridia did a little handwave over us at the end of our Alliance's questline to make it possible for us to experience Tamriel as if we'd washed up on another beach. So even ardent Pact Captain Varanis Arano had adventures in the Covenant and Dominion despite bellowing "Blood for the Pact!" at every opportunity in Cyrodiil.

Gameplay wise, we used to be much more restricted in Alliances. You couldn't group up cross-alliance at all. And even earlier, you couldn't even do the other alliance content on the same character. You did your alliance quests and went into Cyrodiil.

No cross-alliance grouping was pretty awkward when my SO and I were EP and our two friends who joined later started AD characters.

With One Tamriel, ZOS changed grouping and much else in response to overwhelming player feedback. So it may be awkward, and certainly is from the perspective of how the game was designed and from an alliance-loyal roleplaying perspective. But it's what the larger playerbase wants.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano brings up some very good information.

Also, I doubt our own characters are spying on each other unless we choose to make an RP story that they are, and even then it would not matter if we were stuck with one alliance per account as we can RP whatever we want.

Also, it makes a lot of sense in an MMORPG for us to be able to group cross-faction since it helps form groups.

Also, the alliance leaders do not easily accept players from other alliances in the PVE stories. Varanis points out that through the powers of Merida we appear to others in the "enemy" alliances" that we are a member of their alliance. Pay closer attention to the beginning of the first part of that quest and this will become clear. And there is the spoiler below.
    Also, in the main story, they are reluctant to join forces going up against Molag Bal

Welcomed to the world of an MMORPG.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can have different alliance multiple character.
    And they can exchange their items and gear each other through the personal bank space.
    And, they can live same house just like the family.

Convenience mechanisms. It's a game, after all. I think there are many players who would protest if they could not use a shared bank anymore or houses could only be used by one character (or characters of the same alliance). Of course it's not really "realistic" the way it currently is, but being able to carry thousands of potions on a character (while not even neccessarily having any kind of bag or rucksack with them) isn't realistic either.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I have a theory about how the world works, and it turns out that the world does not live up to that theory, I have found that the best thing to do is to trash the theory, and not to trash the world.
    PC EU
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird because MMO developers incorrectly assumed they would be more successful than they actually were and expected success in different areas.

For example, both SWTOR and ESO took the approach of having multiple factions with separate stories where the game would have PvP in the endgame between the factions.

Needless to say, both ram into issues as they failed to deliver on performance in PvP, the games failed to draw significant portions of the audience into PvP, and the population the game had wasn't really high enough to cover the cost of continuing separate stories for very long.

Thus, you have a shift towards predominantly story lines that everyone can do and having more friendly interactions between the factions at least on a leadership level so that you can afford the cost of content development.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of things we'd see as immersive or logical were discarded by one tamriel update, some died off later like mobs specific resistances etc. It's best to not expect anything and dive into what's actually on a table right now, to avoid disappointment.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I feel sometimes just like that.
    When I gave the special gear which I crafted for the my different alliance character.
    I thought my main character became "traitor" against current alliance.... :*

I know it's just game system for the convenient. But, I still feel strange emotion sometimes.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Because there's only one Vestige. Other players are just alliance-less mercenaries/adventurers unless I'm specifically in Cyrodiil, and then they are just soldiers. Same is true of my alts. In an alternative universe they might be a Vestige, but for my main's universe she is the one and only vestige.

They might be the vestige in their alternative universes, but they aren't all the vestige in the same universe. So my main is the Vestige on my main's play through, and if I even headcanon an alt as existing in her universe, they aren't the vestige. For example, my main is a somewhat amoral mercenary Templar named Kuhani. She will work for whoever. She's not there to think about right or wrong but was spontaneously created by Nirn to restore balance to it. She goes wherever is called to by Nirn (plays all quests). Thus she will help the Dark Brotherhood and Eveli and not care about any conflict the two have with each other. I say somewhat because she'll usually take the kind option when given a choice.

I also have a sneak thief Khajiit named Purrscha. In an alternative universe, she's the vestige (her own file) but I do head canon her as existing in Kuhani's universe too. If I am playing Kuhani, Purrscha is not the vestige, she's just an alliance-less thief that sometimes does things that Kuhani hears about (like getting sneak related achievements).

I don't make them all the Vestige in my head or give them alliances because I don't feel it makes sense to do so and I don't feel compelled to see them that way by the story.