The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to see a rewards vendor for your achievement points?

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Not really interested in achievement's in general, I don't often go out of my way to get them, if one unlocks while I am doing something fine but there are very few I have actually worked towards getting.

Maybe if the vendor does not require a stupidly high number of points to max out unlocking it's inventory but got no desire to go out of my way to get nearly every achievement in the game, in the event the vendor has something I wanted.
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Since AWA, what's the point ? It would have made some sense before AWA, but not now.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There are already vendors in the game who sell items that need specific achievements unlocked to purchase.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I got past gold stars in kindergarten. Silly.

No 😂 as an adult a "gold star" is a raise. What is the point of achievements points if they aren't used for anything. It's kind of redundant. You get the achievement, why do you need points too?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 😂 as an adult a "gold star" is a raise.

Unless you've chosen a job where you're not dependent on others.
    What is the point of achievements points if they aren't used for anything. It's kind of redundant. You get the achievement, why do you need points too?

What is the point of having achievents at all, especially for going through quests? I can remember the times when games were just, well, played, you know? The way people wanted, without checklists and "rewards" for everything. Enjoying the game content itself was enough.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would be nice to have something (even a title) you can unlock with achievement points. I believe I'm somewhere around 35,000 and really there's just nothing to show for it lol.

I do think if a system were to come out that does something with the points, then they'd need to be rebalanced or something. There are achievements that take months of grinding that are worth 5 or 10 points and others you basically get for free that award the same.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Syldras wrote: »
    No 😂 as an adult a "gold star" is a raise.

Unless you've chosen a job where you're not dependent on others.
    What is the point of achievements points if they aren't used for anything. It's kind of redundant. You get the achievement, why do you need points too?

What is the point of having achievents at all, especially for going through quests? I can remember the times when games were just, well, played, you know? The way people wanted, without checklists and "rewards" for everything. Enjoying the game content itself was enough.

Well then a gold star for them is when you get enough reputation to charge more for your product if you are independent or you get an award like my studio has. I've gotten gold in NOMA for projects I've done (national ornamental metalworkers association). So yes we still get gold stars.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The problem with this idea is that there is only a finite amount of achievement points. Considering that most achievements are account wide and some achievements already give rewards it's also kind of redundant. I'd argue instead for more achievements to give rewards.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then a gold star for them is when you get enough reputation to charge more for your product if you are independent or you get an award like my studio has. I've gotten gold in NOMA for projects I've done (national ornamental metalworkers association). So yes we still get gold stars.

There are professions that don't have anything like that (not every job is about "selling a product" either), and people who have no need for hierarchies or for showing off titles, exist too. Especially people who don't see this as necessary in a game.

As I said in my last post: Game achievements were introduced sometimes in the mid 2000s, before that, the only "rewards" players got for playing a game was experiencing a good story or having a fun time.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    This must be in the game

Someone will disagree for only one reason - he will not be able to do it, and, accordingly, get this thing. But that's the point - to give you a challenge, an incentive to get something really cool! This is a reward system for players who will strive to complete achievements together (or solo) in order to achieve common goals. From this, most people will finally have an incentive to GO into some content, and not just to do nothing and hope for an update of the crownstore. Coupled with the increase in the number of players playing eso

Do you want to pay money for another recolor in crownstore? - I think not.
    Devaluing the hard work of players who received a "hard" achievement is extremely ugly! The game should reward the player for making an effort, and not give a useless title (which, by the way, not everyone sees from the beginning) and, at best, dyes. Yes, there are already rewards for the last trifectas of trials, but how many people do you know who got these mounts? Maybe it's time to add something intermediate, for the "average audience players"? So that triple achievements in dungeons also give something, for quests and for pvp. The current system is very poor. Either you get ugly stuff for easy achievments, or something very cool - but alas, it is extremely hard to receive.

And these things should not have analogues in the crownstore. The player should be happy that his group/himself managed to complete the chosen achievement, and that now he is very happy about it.

I would love to spend more time in teso, even my old friends would come back if they overhauled the reward system. Yes, I also have a job, household chores and other things - I just want to look at teso not just as an SOLO RPG (sometimes with cooperative), but like a real, really cool MMO
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Since AWA, what's the point ? It would have made some sense before AWA, but not now.

I don't understand this argument even remotely lol so if on one character you couldve gotten a mount after achieving lets say 30k achievement points, you now no longer would want that because you can get that mount faster with account wide achievements? Huh??? Lol