Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

720 cp stamblade needing help in vet vateshran

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
I made it past the blue zone and now in the red. I’ve died over 200 times on the last boss, Pyrelord. He hits so damn hard and I’m thinking I might need more dps to get more out of pale order. I have Selene, 5x coral riptide, 4x spriggan’s jewelry and gold weapons, lover mundus. I also have Zaan’s but haven’t used it. I’ve gotten him below half many times but he just does so much damage. I apply my DoTs, relentless focus, caltrops, spam SA and then go into KB when 50% or less.

Would Zaan’s be more dps than Selene for stamblade?
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to heavy attack the orbs. You will be immune to environmental damage. Just like on the way to the Boss.

    And if you still die to the boss you need to adjust your playstyle and use more heals. Do you have any heal slotted at all? Nightblades have Swallow Soul and Refreshing Path. That should be enough to keep you topped off.

    Instead of 5 piece Spriggan you should try Hexos' Ward. It's good 2-4 piece bonuses and the shield really helps with surviving.

    Zaan won't change anything.
    You usually give up the Monster Helm bonus for a mythic. Not a 5 piece bonus. Maybe you start there?
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't something specific to stamblade, but here are three things that I've noticed while completing it on mutliple classes and on accounts ranging from around 900 CP and up:

    1) I prefer oakensoul to pale order in just about every difficult solo environment. It seems to work best with shock staff, of course, but just being able to ignore bar swaps and buffs to focus on mechanics makes a huge difference for me.

    2) I wanted the "of the undying song" title and so spent a good bit of time just hanging out with that particular boss. I wasn't trying to kill him, just to absorb the pyres he lights to get to 20 or whatever it was. In doing so, I noticed that he really doesn't put out that much damage... if you are in no hurry to kill him. Try to rush the battle for the Spirit Slayer achievement, and you take a ton of damage. Play conservatively (i.e. Kite a good bit, prioritize the Fire Colossus both times it spawns, stay out of the spinning fire wheel because you aren't in a hurry, don't push his health down if the colussus is about to spawn and your ultimate isn't up) and you realize he's not actually that dangerous. Full disclosure: When failing Spirit Slayer the first bunch of times, I generally failed because I died to him and reset (... or to lag when using the grapple bow). Also when going for the undying song achievement I just ran the fire portion first, so that made it a good bit easier.

    3) The red star that gives health regen based on your unused ultimate adds quite a bit of survivability- especially if you aren't trying to push DPS by dropping your ult as soon as it's up.

    Good luck!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depending on what class / build you play, the Pyrelord is either an issue or a complete non-issue. I've seen Deltia having to be careful in that fight. For myself it has never been an issue. The builds I've played most in vVH are magplar and stamina Brawler builds. In general I find ongoing magplar (Sweeps) healing stronger and easier to use than NB Swallow Soul and Sap Essence combined. I think a magblade with only class heals and no additional measures (Pale Order, shielding sets etc.) may still be marginal and probably has to use the above-mentioned mechanics. I never even knew to use the orb mechanic in that fight, because I always outhealed or outshielded everything easily. Since you're playing stamina, here goes:

    Shielding set(s), especially Hexos Ward and Iceheart, are good recommendations, because those two sets include crit components. They don't lag much behind pure damage sets. For solo content I'd also go with good old Vicious Ophidian (VO) as the trial set, if you have that. Nothing beats having your sustain sorted and the Major Expedition is damn nice at times. Absent VO you can get some of the same effect (stam on kill) from red CP or the Vengeance Leech 3-piece set.

    Building for health regen by withholding your ultimate is a possibility, but hurts your damage. Stack that with gold food, Gaze of Sithis, Endurance jewelry, nightblade passives and a potion, and you'll probably hit 8K. I don't recommend doing all of that, though. Gaze, especially, hurts you in the Minotaur fight where you may want to block the heavy attacks.

    A Master's Brawler build, on the other hand, is the guaranteed answer to everything. You can sleepwalk your way through the arena with that. Stamsorc (Crit Surge) is probably ideal, but with Pale Order it doesn't really matter. I've done it on DK as well. The 2H Brawler AOE skill generates a shield that scales with the number of enemies you hit. It ranges from about 6K to 20K. You can spam that skill so you regenerate the shield every ... single ... second. This synergises extremely well with ongoing smallish healing over time, such as from Pale Order, Crit Surge, Leeching Strikes and/or health regen. Nothing gets through that. Well some things do, but it's very comfortable.

    The keys to a good Brawler build are a Master 2H weapon from Dragonstar arena, which can make your AOE damage scale up to ridiculous levels in fights with adds, and sustain, sustain, sustain. Forget Hexos Ward. Forget every other shielding set. The Brawler shield outclasses everything in size and in uptime, since you can refresh it every second. You just need to have the sustain for it. Therefore, the no-brainer, any stamina class sleepwalk through difficult content build consists of:

    Master's 2H front bar weapon, Precise or Sharpened
    Vicious Ophidian on the body, Divines, Thief mundus
    Wretched Vitality back bar
    Pale Order
    1x monster set, probably Slimecraw
    Bloodthirsty jewelry, all weapon damage, all medium armor

    If you do nothing but spam Brawler, that may not be enough damage to break the ring of shades in the final boss fight. If you're being a good DD and you also do other stuff that may not be an issue. However, if it is, plopping down a Shadow Image and porting outside the ring as it closes in on you should solve that problem. The Master's 2H weapon, though, turns many a fight on it's head. The damage ramps up the more adds there are. Not just your cumulative damage, but also your per target damage. You positively want adds. As the ring closes in you hit more and more targets. I tend to break it on Master's Brawler builds at the last second, even tanky builds that don't have a lot of damage otherwise.

    Of course on the other end of the spectrum, if you're playing dual-wield and just want to make a minimum change to your build, you could simply try Bloodthirst as the spammable.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Depending on what class / build you play, the Pyrelord is either an issue or a complete non-issue. I've seen Deltia having to be careful in that fight. For myself it has never been an issue. The builds I've played most in vVH are magplar and stamina Brawler builds. In general I find ongoing magplar (Sweeps) healing stronger and easier to use than NB Swallow Soul and Sap Essence combined. I think a magblade with only class heals and no additional measures (Pale Order, shielding sets etc.) may still be marginal and probably has to use the above-mentioned mechanics. I never even knew to use the orb mechanic in that fight, because I always outhealed or outshielded everything easily. Since you're playing stamina, here goes:

    Shielding set(s), especially Hexos Ward and Iceheart, are good recommendations, because those two sets include crit components. They don't lag much behind pure damage sets. For solo content I'd also go with good old Vicious Ophidian (VO) as the trial set, if you have that. Nothing beats having your sustain sorted and the Major Expedition is damn nice at times. Absent VO you can get some of the same effect (stam on kill) from red CP or the Vengeance Leech 3-piece set.

    Building for health regen by withholding your ultimate is a possibility, but hurts your damage. Stack that with gold food, Gaze of Sithis, Endurance jewelry, nightblade passives and a potion, and you'll probably hit 8K. I don't recommend doing all of that, though. Gaze, especially, hurts you in the Minotaur fight where you may want to block the heavy attacks.

    A Master's Brawler build, on the other hand, is the guaranteed answer to everything. You can sleepwalk your way through the arena with that. Stamsorc (Crit Surge) is probably ideal, but with Pale Order it doesn't really matter. I've done it on DK as well. The 2H Brawler AOE skill generates a shield that scales with the number of enemies you hit. It ranges from about 6K to 20K. You can spam that skill so you regenerate the shield every ... single ... second. This synergises extremely well with ongoing smallish healing over time, such as from Pale Order, Crit Surge, Leeching Strikes and/or health regen. Nothing gets through that. Well some things do, but it's very comfortable.

    The keys to a good Brawler build are a Master 2H weapon from Dragonstar arena, which can make your AOE damage scale up to ridiculous levels in fights with adds, and sustain, sustain, sustain. Forget Hexos Ward. Forget every other shielding set. The Brawler shield outclasses everything in size and in uptime, since you can refresh it every second. You just need to have the sustain for it. Therefore, the no-brainer, any stamina class sleepwalk through difficult content build consists of:

    Master's 2H front bar weapon, Precise or Sharpened
    Vicious Ophidian on the body, Divines, Thief mundus
    Wretched Vitality back bar
    Pale Order
    1x monster set, probably Slimecraw
    Bloodthirsty jewelry, all weapon damage, all medium armor

    If you do nothing but spam Brawler, that may not be enough damage to break the ring of shades in the final boss fight. If you're being a good DD and you also do other stuff that may not be an issue. However, if it is, plopping down a Shadow Image and porting outside the ring as it closes in on you should solve that problem. The Master's 2H weapon, though, turns many a fight on it's head. The damage ramps up the more adds there are. Not just your cumulative damage, but also your per target damage. You positively want adds. As the ring closes in you hit more and more targets. I tend to break it on Master's Brawler builds at the last second, even tanky builds that don't have a lot of damage otherwise.

    Of course on the other end of the spectrum, if you're playing dual-wield and just want to make a minimum change to your build, you could simply try Bloodthirst as the spammable.

    Sustain isn’t an issue for me, I use lava foot soup and get the orbs. I haven’t been using the brawler morph of cleave or hexos ward though. I think if I put those on and switch mundus to thief as well as using leeching strikes, I will finally succeed.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyseto wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    Depending on what class / build you play, the Pyrelord is either an issue or a complete non-issue. I've seen Deltia having to be careful in that fight. For myself it has never been an issue. The builds I've played most in vVH are magplar and stamina Brawler builds. In general I find ongoing magplar (Sweeps) healing stronger and easier to use than NB Swallow Soul and Sap Essence combined. I think a magblade with only class heals and no additional measures (Pale Order, shielding sets etc.) may still be marginal and probably has to use the above-mentioned mechanics. I never even knew to use the orb mechanic in that fight, because I always outhealed or outshielded everything easily. Since you're playing stamina, here goes:

    Shielding set(s), especially Hexos Ward and Iceheart, are good recommendations, because those two sets include crit components. They don't lag much behind pure damage sets. For solo content I'd also go with good old Vicious Ophidian (VO) as the trial set, if you have that. Nothing beats having your sustain sorted and the Major Expedition is damn nice at times. Absent VO you can get some of the same effect (stam on kill) from red CP or the Vengeance Leech 3-piece set.

    Building for health regen by withholding your ultimate is a possibility, but hurts your damage. Stack that with gold food, Gaze of Sithis, Endurance jewelry, nightblade passives and a potion, and you'll probably hit 8K. I don't recommend doing all of that, though. Gaze, especially, hurts you in the Minotaur fight where you may want to block the heavy attacks.

    A Master's Brawler build, on the other hand, is the guaranteed answer to everything. You can sleepwalk your way through the arena with that. Stamsorc (Crit Surge) is probably ideal, but with Pale Order it doesn't really matter. I've done it on DK as well. The 2H Brawler AOE skill generates a shield that scales with the number of enemies you hit. It ranges from about 6K to 20K. You can spam that skill so you regenerate the shield every ... single ... second. This synergises extremely well with ongoing smallish healing over time, such as from Pale Order, Crit Surge, Leeching Strikes and/or health regen. Nothing gets through that. Well some things do, but it's very comfortable.

    The keys to a good Brawler build are a Master 2H weapon from Dragonstar arena, which can make your AOE damage scale up to ridiculous levels in fights with adds, and sustain, sustain, sustain. Forget Hexos Ward. Forget every other shielding set. The Brawler shield outclasses everything in size and in uptime, since you can refresh it every second. You just need to have the sustain for it. Therefore, the no-brainer, any stamina class sleepwalk through difficult content build consists of:

    Master's 2H front bar weapon, Precise or Sharpened
    Vicious Ophidian on the body, Divines, Thief mundus
    Wretched Vitality back bar
    Pale Order
    1x monster set, probably Slimecraw
    Bloodthirsty jewelry, all weapon damage, all medium armor

    If you do nothing but spam Brawler, that may not be enough damage to break the ring of shades in the final boss fight. If you're being a good DD and you also do other stuff that may not be an issue. However, if it is, plopping down a Shadow Image and porting outside the ring as it closes in on you should solve that problem. The Master's 2H weapon, though, turns many a fight on it's head. The damage ramps up the more adds there are. Not just your cumulative damage, but also your per target damage. You positively want adds. As the ring closes in you hit more and more targets. I tend to break it on Master's Brawler builds at the last second, even tanky builds that don't have a lot of damage otherwise.

    Of course on the other end of the spectrum, if you're playing dual-wield and just want to make a minimum change to your build, you could simply try Bloodthirst as the spammable.

    Sustain isn’t an issue for me, I use lava foot soup and get the orbs. I haven’t been using the brawler morph of cleave or hexos ward though. I think if I put those on and switch mundus to thief as well as using leeching strikes, I will finally succeed.
    Brawler is an expensive skill to spam, that's why I go on about sustain. Wearing Hexos Ward with Brawler is a mistake. When you consider shielding per second, the Hexos shield is minuscule compared to Brawler. Hexos Ward doesn't add anything, if you use that skill. However you have to be able to sustain Brawler as needed. Spamming it also progresses the fight. Having the sustain to do that can be more effective than having higher damage, but being forced into heavy attacks or burst heals from time to time. That said, I'm talking from experience soloing harder content than vVH, such as (the first arena of) vBRP, where you are under pressure to shield all the time.
    Edited by fred4 on January 30, 2023 3:30PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Nyseto wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    Depending on what class / build you play, the Pyrelord is either an issue or a complete non-issue. I've seen Deltia having to be careful in that fight. For myself it has never been an issue. The builds I've played most in vVH are magplar and stamina Brawler builds. In general I find ongoing magplar (Sweeps) healing stronger and easier to use than NB Swallow Soul and Sap Essence combined. I think a magblade with only class heals and no additional measures (Pale Order, shielding sets etc.) may still be marginal and probably has to use the above-mentioned mechanics. I never even knew to use the orb mechanic in that fight, because I always outhealed or outshielded everything easily. Since you're playing stamina, here goes:

    Shielding set(s), especially Hexos Ward and Iceheart, are good recommendations, because those two sets include crit components. They don't lag much behind pure damage sets. For solo content I'd also go with good old Vicious Ophidian (VO) as the trial set, if you have that. Nothing beats having your sustain sorted and the Major Expedition is damn nice at times. Absent VO you can get some of the same effect (stam on kill) from red CP or the Vengeance Leech 3-piece set.

    Building for health regen by withholding your ultimate is a possibility, but hurts your damage. Stack that with gold food, Gaze of Sithis, Endurance jewelry, nightblade passives and a potion, and you'll probably hit 8K. I don't recommend doing all of that, though. Gaze, especially, hurts you in the Minotaur fight where you may want to block the heavy attacks.

    A Master's Brawler build, on the other hand, is the guaranteed answer to everything. You can sleepwalk your way through the arena with that. Stamsorc (Crit Surge) is probably ideal, but with Pale Order it doesn't really matter. I've done it on DK as well. The 2H Brawler AOE skill generates a shield that scales with the number of enemies you hit. It ranges from about 6K to 20K. You can spam that skill so you regenerate the shield every ... single ... second. This synergises extremely well with ongoing smallish healing over time, such as from Pale Order, Crit Surge, Leeching Strikes and/or health regen. Nothing gets through that. Well some things do, but it's very comfortable.

    The keys to a good Brawler build are a Master 2H weapon from Dragonstar arena, which can make your AOE damage scale up to ridiculous levels in fights with adds, and sustain, sustain, sustain. Forget Hexos Ward. Forget every other shielding set. The Brawler shield outclasses everything in size and in uptime, since you can refresh it every second. You just need to have the sustain for it. Therefore, the no-brainer, any stamina class sleepwalk through difficult content build consists of:

    Master's 2H front bar weapon, Precise or Sharpened
    Vicious Ophidian on the body, Divines, Thief mundus
    Wretched Vitality back bar
    Pale Order
    1x monster set, probably Slimecraw
    Bloodthirsty jewelry, all weapon damage, all medium armor

    If you do nothing but spam Brawler, that may not be enough damage to break the ring of shades in the final boss fight. If you're being a good DD and you also do other stuff that may not be an issue. However, if it is, plopping down a Shadow Image and porting outside the ring as it closes in on you should solve that problem. The Master's 2H weapon, though, turns many a fight on it's head. The damage ramps up the more adds there are. Not just your cumulative damage, but also your per target damage. You positively want adds. As the ring closes in you hit more and more targets. I tend to break it on Master's Brawler builds at the last second, even tanky builds that don't have a lot of damage otherwise.

    Of course on the other end of the spectrum, if you're playing dual-wield and just want to make a minimum change to your build, you could simply try Bloodthirst as the spammable.

    Sustain isn’t an issue for me, I use lava foot soup and get the orbs. I haven’t been using the brawler morph of cleave or hexos ward though. I think if I put those on and switch mundus to thief as well as using leeching strikes, I will finally succeed.
    Brawler is an expensive skill to spam, that's why I go on about sustain. Wearing Hexos Ward with Brawler is a mistake. When you consider shielding per second, the Hexos shield is minuscule compared to Brawler. Hexos Ward doesn't add anything, if you use that skill. However you have to be able to sustain Brawler as needed. Spamming it also progresses the fight. Having the sustain to do that can be more effective than having higher damage, but being forced into heavy attacks or burst heals from time to time. That said, I'm talking from experience soloing harder content than vVH, such as (the first arena of) vBRP, where you are under pressure to shield all the time.

    One guy here also said that Zaan won’t make a difference compared to Selene. If I didn’t get Hexos Ward like you say, what if I put on Zaan as opposed to Selene?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyseto wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    Nyseto wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    Depending on what class / build you play, the Pyrelord is either an issue or a complete non-issue. I've seen Deltia having to be careful in that fight. For myself it has never been an issue. The builds I've played most in vVH are magplar and stamina Brawler builds. In general I find ongoing magplar (Sweeps) healing stronger and easier to use than NB Swallow Soul and Sap Essence combined. I think a magblade with only class heals and no additional measures (Pale Order, shielding sets etc.) may still be marginal and probably has to use the above-mentioned mechanics. I never even knew to use the orb mechanic in that fight, because I always outhealed or outshielded everything easily. Since you're playing stamina, here goes:

    Shielding set(s), especially Hexos Ward and Iceheart, are good recommendations, because those two sets include crit components. They don't lag much behind pure damage sets. For solo content I'd also go with good old Vicious Ophidian (VO) as the trial set, if you have that. Nothing beats having your sustain sorted and the Major Expedition is damn nice at times. Absent VO you can get some of the same effect (stam on kill) from red CP or the Vengeance Leech 3-piece set.

    Building for health regen by withholding your ultimate is a possibility, but hurts your damage. Stack that with gold food, Gaze of Sithis, Endurance jewelry, nightblade passives and a potion, and you'll probably hit 8K. I don't recommend doing all of that, though. Gaze, especially, hurts you in the Minotaur fight where you may want to block the heavy attacks.

    A Master's Brawler build, on the other hand, is the guaranteed answer to everything. You can sleepwalk your way through the arena with that. Stamsorc (Crit Surge) is probably ideal, but with Pale Order it doesn't really matter. I've done it on DK as well. The 2H Brawler AOE skill generates a shield that scales with the number of enemies you hit. It ranges from about 6K to 20K. You can spam that skill so you regenerate the shield every ... single ... second. This synergises extremely well with ongoing smallish healing over time, such as from Pale Order, Crit Surge, Leeching Strikes and/or health regen. Nothing gets through that. Well some things do, but it's very comfortable.

    The keys to a good Brawler build are a Master 2H weapon from Dragonstar arena, which can make your AOE damage scale up to ridiculous levels in fights with adds, and sustain, sustain, sustain. Forget Hexos Ward. Forget every other shielding set. The Brawler shield outclasses everything in size and in uptime, since you can refresh it every second. You just need to have the sustain for it. Therefore, the no-brainer, any stamina class sleepwalk through difficult content build consists of:

    Master's 2H front bar weapon, Precise or Sharpened
    Vicious Ophidian on the body, Divines, Thief mundus
    Wretched Vitality back bar
    Pale Order
    1x monster set, probably Slimecraw
    Bloodthirsty jewelry, all weapon damage, all medium armor

    If you do nothing but spam Brawler, that may not be enough damage to break the ring of shades in the final boss fight. If you're being a good DD and you also do other stuff that may not be an issue. However, if it is, plopping down a Shadow Image and porting outside the ring as it closes in on you should solve that problem. The Master's 2H weapon, though, turns many a fight on it's head. The damage ramps up the more adds there are. Not just your cumulative damage, but also your per target damage. You positively want adds. As the ring closes in you hit more and more targets. I tend to break it on Master's Brawler builds at the last second, even tanky builds that don't have a lot of damage otherwise.

    Of course on the other end of the spectrum, if you're playing dual-wield and just want to make a minimum change to your build, you could simply try Bloodthirst as the spammable.

    Sustain isn’t an issue for me, I use lava foot soup and get the orbs. I haven’t been using the brawler morph of cleave or hexos ward though. I think if I put those on and switch mundus to thief as well as using leeching strikes, I will finally succeed.
    Brawler is an expensive skill to spam, that's why I go on about sustain. Wearing Hexos Ward with Brawler is a mistake. When you consider shielding per second, the Hexos shield is minuscule compared to Brawler. Hexos Ward doesn't add anything, if you use that skill. However you have to be able to sustain Brawler as needed. Spamming it also progresses the fight. Having the sustain to do that can be more effective than having higher damage, but being forced into heavy attacks or burst heals from time to time. That said, I'm talking from experience soloing harder content than vVH, such as (the first arena of) vBRP, where you are under pressure to shield all the time.

    One guy here also said that Zaan won’t make a difference compared to Selene. If I didn’t get Hexos Ward like you say, what if I put on Zaan as opposed to Selene?
    I don't know whether Zaan or Selene or A.N.Other is better these days (I use Nerieneth on templar, but that's build specific and might only work well with Flurry on stamina builds). Search Skinny Cheeks (YouTube) for a run down of the best monster sets and what situations they're good in. Could also be Stormfirst or Kjalnaar, but honestly Iceheart is probably the best compromise for solo, except IMO redundant in Brawler builds for the same reason Hexos is.

    My approach isn't about winning by DPS. It's steady, but usually coming in just under the Spirit Slayer time (45 mins) as far as I remember (it's been a while). The Master's 2H makes the build. You'll want to spam Brawler in many situations with that weapon, because of the AOE damage. Vateshran is fairly AOE-centric (unlike Maelstrom). You'll love the skeleton adds. Lure the boss to them. It ups your damage to everything, as well as your shield size.

    Pale Order is a given. I probably actually would not use Oakensoul with my build (unless stamsorc), because the Brawler shield synergises so well with automatic small background heals. I don't think Leeching Strikes would be enough, though, and I'd hate keeping up Vigor. Assuming you use that weapon, a full 5-piece back bar set like Wretched, a main body set and a mythic (Pale Order), you won't have room for a full monster set.

    I think I've gone so far as standing in the boss' flame carousel on occasion, or moving in counter rotation, cause it just doesn't matter when you spam Brawler. That might have been on my stamsorc, though, who quite possibly had Crit Surge, Pale Order and 3K health regen at the time. The point is, yes, being high damage, dancing around and doing mechanics - or skipping them due to high damage - is the most efficient for speed runs. On the other hand tanky Brawler builds let you flat out ignore some mechanics. You claw back some time that way, even though your single target damage is only slow and steady.

    I suppose it depends on what sets you have access to. Order's Wrath or Pillar of Nirn would make good front bar sets. An infused Maelstrom bow, 2H (Stampede) or destro staff (Unstable Wall) would all make good back bar weapons to lay down some AOE and activate your back bar enchant while upping the damage of those skills. Those are other options.

    The Master's 2H (front bar) is unreal in AOE situations though. Very good for Vateshran. I'd stick with a Master's front bar and Wretched back bar, if possible, and use the mag regen for an emergency burst heal (Shrewd Offering), maybe Twisting Path, maybe Dark Shades (good damage) or Shadow Image for the teleport option, maybe Dark Cloak instead of Vigor for a heal, though I think you should not need that type of short HOT heal (Vigor, Dark Cloak) with Brawler. Having the double sustain from Wretched opens up some interesting options all the same. Swallow Soul every 10 seconds might even work as a better HOT than Vigor, cause you only need to cast it every 10 seconds and it can be quite strong as a heal.
    Edited by fred4 on January 30, 2023 7:56PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allow me to have some fun. I theorycrafted a build for you. This is completely untested at this point, but anyhow:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=506295
    • Look at that Brawler tooltip: 10K against a single target at CP720 with 60% crit and no Incap buff. You won't see this tooltip in game, but I believe the Master weapon adds some hidden damage (that UESP shows) even against a single target. Uptime on this is entirely achievable. It's not a short term tooltip.
    • Camou Hunter frees you up to use tri pots, gives extra weapon damage from Fighter's Guild passive and occasionally Minor Berserk.
    • Merciless is something I could personally take or leave, but it gives you a passive damage increase, even if you don't use it. The magicka morph is the stronger one. If you can't sustain or are just using it passively, switch to Relentless. I'm not sure UESP has calculated the mag sustain properly. I think it's more with Wretched active.
    • Concealed is also here entireley passively, although you could occasionally weave it in just to keep your Shadow passive resistances up. The combination with Twisting Path should give you 100% uptime on the flat 10% damage buff. That's the same as Major Berserk and is how we reach these numbers.
    • Twisting Path is just good damage. I'd use it over Refreshing and to proc the Concealed buff.
    • I believe Incap is the preferred NB ultimate for all the effects it has.
    • The ground DOT from Stampede activates the back bar enchant 100% as long as an enemy stands in it. It's also quite strong and having the gap closer is fun and speedy.
    • Shrewd Offering is your emergency heal only. Main healing comes from Pale Order and Leeching.
    • Forward Momentum activates both parts of Wretched Vitality. You could use Rally for the heal, but I like skills that clear and give immunity to snares. Your choice. Major Brutality frees you to use tri-pots in emergency rather than getting that from a potion.
    • Leeching Strikes. Heal and sustain. So subtle, but I always come back to it.
    • Dark Shade. This thing deals significant damage.
    • Soul Tether, a more defensive and AOE ultimate.
    What this build is missing is pen, for example from Caltrops. Can't have everything. It's also missing an execute. This is mainly because I find you take a lot of pressure from adds in Vateshran and an execute, a melee execute at least, is of limited use, as you stop refreshing the Brawler shield. Also, when you have a lot of targets, about 8 or more, Master's Brawler spam actually starts to outperform executes in addition to being AOE.

    Finally one would have to test whether VO helps or hurts the Concealed damage buff uptime (due to the Major Expedition from it). Perhaps Wretched and CP are also enough sustain already and that set is not actually needed. Speed is also already there from Concealed and Path.
    Edited by fred4 on January 30, 2023 9:58PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tested the build at CP720. It's sound. Was oversustaining for the most part, so could probably do without VO, at least as a woodelf. I do recommend Wretched, though. As usual with Brawler builds that are otherwise squishy, I ended up block casting on the back bar and leaning on Shrewd Offering from time to time. Merciless was good over Relentless. Shadow Image was necessary in the final boss fight, as it was very borderline otherwise. Sometimes you just can't seem to hit the shades with Brawler when there is a Colossus in the way, even though Brawler is supposed to be an AOE skill.

    Here is the Pyrelord. My rotation is pretty terrible, but I hope it comes across how you can whittle him dowm, able to ignore much of the damage. If in doubt, keep swinging Brawler. If you need to buff, create some distance and be prepared to heal with Shrewd Offering.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwaxsN3hys
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i always found the fire one the hardest of the 3 bosses besides the final boss, but that might be mainly due to playing magicka characters in the arena and doing the order green->blue->red for the max mag and max health bonuses

    after each portal you clear it makes the next portal you do slightly harder by buffing the enemies a bit

    on a warden this fight is fairly trivial because of the good healing, and the shield skill blocking all of the fireballs he throws at you if you are out of range of the fire wheel
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
Sign In or Register to comment.