Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So the only difference between classes is the skills right?

Hekx
Hekx
Just to confirm how (I think) combat works, the only difference between say a Templar wearing heavy plate and a two handed weapon and a Dragon Knight wearing exactly the same gear are the two classes skill lines, correct? There aren't any passive benefits to gear that classes have that I'm missing?
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's correct, the only difference are the Class skill lines, everything else - anyone can get it.

Honor is a dead man's code.
  • A1istair
    A1istair
    Indeed. It seems homogenous but this is just the beginning
    •Alistair Theirin of Primal Instinct
    •Loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant
    •Templar
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    A1istair wrote: »

The beauty is in the sheer quantity of skills you can learn and the reduced hotbar - the number of options just makes for so much different builds. My girlfriend for example is playing a Dragonknight - is she a two handed sword wielding brute in heavy armour? No, she's playing it as a pyromancer mage, going all light and destro.
    Trust me, the variety within the classes will still be great :)
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It actually makes for all sorts of variety. I cant wait to see it in action in PvP.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »

The beauty is in the sheer quantity of skills you can learn and the reduced hotbar - the number of options just makes for so much different builds. My girlfriend for example is playing a Dragonknight - is she a two handed sword wielding brute in heavy armour? No, she's playing it as a pyromancer mage, going all light and destro.
    Trust me, the variety within the classes will still be great :)
    Absolutely this. Another popular build isto turn a templar into an archer, or bowplar. I've also seen also seen people develop a sorcerer or even a night blade into a healer.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

homogeneous? This is probably the most open ended "class based" MMO I've ever seen.

I'd even say it's possible no two templars will be identical.
    Edited by Shimond on March 31, 2014 2:47PM
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beagle wrote: »
    Only difference? Heck no!
    None of the other players have the dignified look and grace of the Khajit. They are mere humanoid shells created by the gods from the left overs once the best parts had been used to create the majestic form that is the Khajit.

This is precisely why Khajiit make such excellent hats. :P
    The Psijic Order
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    None of the other players have the dignified look and grace of the Khajit. They are mere humanoid shells created by the gods from the left overs once the best parts had been used to create the majestic form that is the Khajit.

....you do realize the Khajiit are a race and not a class right? How could you lower the standard of a Khajiit to be applicable to the other races as that of a class a player can choose? For shame....
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Zyphix
    Zyphix
    Trouvo wrote: »

....you do realize the Khajiit are a race and not a class right? How could you lower the standard of a Khajiit to be applicable to the other races as that of a class a player can choose? For shame....

Are you saying then that Khajiit have no class? I erect the spine of amusement, sir.
    I always carry dice, because that's how I roll.