The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion] Furniture Limits

thecatsme0w
thecatsme0w
✭✭✭
700 furnishing limits are not enough for some of the big houses. I - and many other people I've talked to - would be quite happy to pay crowns to increase the furnishing limits of our houses (especially if it was a one time purchase for the entire account).
thecatsme0w
PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't think I would. The price of houses is already pretty extreme. Almost anyone serious about housing subscribes to ESO +, which is not cheap (regardless of whether you also buy crowns separately to buy houses), because without it you have half the slots.

When it is possible to do so, the limit needs to go up. But it should not attract an additional premium payment. The limit is too low for the sizes of house they are selling. And they are selling them for prices that in many cases exceed full AAA games.
    Edited by Northwold on January 28, 2023 8:53PM
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't possibly be able to find out exactly where I read this, but it was on these forums, but the reason the item limit is what it is, is because of a technical reason that can't easily be worked around. However this doesn't stop me from agreeing with you.

I really enjoy the housing aspect of the game and I've had to conclude that the only way for me to furnish a space the exact way I want it is to seal parts of the house off. This really sucks though as I have the house n Fargrave (which I got so excited about) but there aren't enough slots for me to furnish the interior nd exterior the way I want. I've done way more work on the interior so it's easier to loose the outdoor area, but the outdoor area has a giant dead skeleton which I don't want to not feature..... anyway I end up in this situation with all the houses I furnish and I would also love (and be inclined to spend crowns on) more furnishing slots.

Another solution would be to make furnishing items that give you more per slot, for example making stacks of books an easily accessible furnishing item (not something you have to pay crowns for) instead of having to manually stack books and use up 6-8 slots to make one book stack. Same for plants/flowers to go in large outdoor spaces i.e. one item that is a large patch of assorted flowers rather than using 10-20 slots on individual plants.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't necessarily need an increased overall limit. I need a significant limit increase special collectibles. Barely enough room for houseguests with a limit of 10 in the giant houses.

Increase that limit significantly and I'd be happy.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree that the furnishing limits really need to be raised. The trend is clearly toward bigger houses and more open space to build on, so even 700 slots is just too small.

A single set of attunable crafting stations will really help my Guild House, but I could easily use another 300 in some of the Manor-sized houses that I have.

At this point I'd pay. I'd probably beg. I might even consider saying nice things about ZoS.... ;)
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    The limit is for performance reasons, so a paid limit increase doesn't really solve that problem. I hope they are able to address the performance an increase the limit, but I don't anticipate it happening anytime soon.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree that simply raising the current limit is not possible. When you hit 700 furnishings, effects start failing as it is. Something on the tech side needs to be done. It seems like they should be able to reference like-objects so that you could stack them and have them count as a single towards the current limit. I'm sure something like that is how you can have places like Fargrave market without issue.