The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Agent Removals

Shrinkwrap
Shrinkwrap
✭✭✭
I am learning the game, and enjoy it. Lately I've been experiencing opponents who manage to regularly eliminate my agent(s). I don't see any way they should be able to do this with the cards they play or the Patrons available to them. I'd like to be able to get rid of agents at will myself.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can spend power that you have accumulated at any time to kill agents.

Other ways to kill agents is the Psijic patron ability, certain card effects from the Rahjiin deck, and tavern contract cards that let you kill agents.
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Other ways to kill agents is the Psijic patron ability, certain card effects from the Rahjiin deck, and tavern contract cards that let you kill agents.

How does one spend power to kill agents?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shrinkwrap wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

How does one spend power to kill agents?

If you have power, you can click on an enemy agent to distribute your power against the agents life total. When the life total is removed, the agent goes to the cooldown pile.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that you can spend power you have on killing the agent OR letting it turn into prestige, but not both using the same point.

So let's say you have 5 power and there's an agent on the field that has 3 HP. If you attack him, the agent will die but you will spend 3 of your power points. Aka 1 power point for each 1 Hit Point the agent has. This will leave you with 2 power that will convert to prestige at the end of your turn, assuming it's not used on anything else.

Edited by spartaxoxo on January 27, 2023 2:41AM
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I had no idea how to use power to eliminate agents.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shrinkwrap wrote: »
    Thank you! I had no idea how to use power to eliminate agents.

It is not fool proof but also the red deck has the ability to bring your agent back on to teh top of a pile that will bring your agent back on your next deal.
    It is actually a really good way for you to guarantee card combos when they kill your agent as well as getting them to waste their power on killing your agents.
    When you get 2 or 3 agent cards active you pretty much dominate a game.
    Not only does the red deck allow that, it has lots of agents that force them to waste power as well as allows you to build power.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on January 27, 2023 5:34PM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it best strategy to kill agents on sight with power like NPCs do?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think it depends on the situation

ideally i try to avoid it, but if the opponent has a good agent, and theres no agent killer cards in the tavern or my hand, then i would use power to target an agent if it was not one that had taunt (since the taunt basically forces you to spend power on it anyway)

rahjin is pretty good deck for anti-agent cards

if the psijic deck is also in play, and you had gold you could use the psijic patron to eliminate an agent as well
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭

Generally, I say yes. Being a general rule, it doesn't apply equally to all agents in all situations, but I usually try to kill agents on sight and will go out of my way to do so for certain ones.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on the agent, how far along you are in the game, and what you have to give up to do it. A single match I had, I actually refused to kill the opponent's agent the entire time. Because of I had, they would have almost certainly gotten a patron win over me. They had the cards in their favor to turn multiple patrons multiple times. It was a struggle to keep the other 3 patrons neutral or in my favor and I realized that if I killed their agents, it would be the same with that one and most likely I'd lose through a patron win.

So I just left it alive and focused on buying agents with taunts while pressing my superior power generation. And I won.

Other matches I had, I had to very aggressive against agents even if cost power.

There's no one size solution. I would say pay attention to your power generation vs theirs, what that agent is doing for their deck, and where you're at in the game. If they are about to push to 40 and you're behind for example, it may be better to leave their agent alone so you don't lose by like 1 to 2 points because you wasted some of your points killing an agent. I have had people do that me or a number of occasions and lose games they should have won.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 9, 2023 5:22AM