The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

All -In-One attunable set crafting stations coming end of 2023?

Evilspock
Evilspock
✭✭✭✭
This was mentioned as possible QOL addition end of this year. I would finally be able to add to and decorate my house again!
🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like it's likely coming in Q3 during the QOL update
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have all crafting stations and currently working on another set on another account, i guess i better hold off on that and just get the one station when its released? At first i was like how do i refund those crafting stations back, but then ive already made other accounts with houses full of achievement furnishings to make up for the lack of space in my initial crafting house. So probably not gonna be affected by attunable change only for additional crafting houses.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all crafting stations and currently working on another set on another account, i guess i better hold off on that and just get the one station when its released? At first i was like how do i refund those crafting stations back, but then ive already made other accounts with houses full of achievement furnishings to make up for the lack of space in my initial crafting house. So probably not gonna be affected by attunable change only for additional crafting houses.

Hopefully older attunable stations will decrease the cost or feed into it somehow. There's a lot of guilds that have a lot of stations out there.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The master attunables stations had better need to use already attuned tables to unlock each set or you just wasted the time of tens of thousands of players over the last few years. If you can just flip the script on people like that, how are they going to trust you not to do it with other things? Hopefully they choose to expand on the current system and not have an alternative cheap path that bypasses all the effort players already put into getting all the attunables they have currently.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for being an idiot, bbut what exactly is this and how is it gonna work?

Like instead of having a woodwork and blacksmith station, you just have a "crafting station" that then has a separate new list of woodwork, blacksmith etc...
    Seems [snip] and pretty much lore breaking, not even lore breaking but just physics breaking!
    Unless of course it is some sort of magical conjuration station.

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:46AM
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Hopefully older attunable stations will decrease the cost or feed into it somehow. There's a lot of guilds that have a lot of stations out there.

They should consider the cost of attunable stations and let people recoup some expense somehow. Or maybe you have to have the attuned station to put it into the all-in-one.

If there are 74 craftable sets, thats 4 tables each set x $400k current price would cost you $118.4m to buy them all for your house currently.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    An all in one attunable station would definitely be a godsend for most guilds considering a fully stocked guildhouse as far as tables go take up like 200 something slots so that would divide that number to a 1/4th of what it currently is.

Still think an all in one crafting station specifically for guilds with X amount of members woud be a better idea tho
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope there’s some way to combine existing tables. I don’t want 60 mil worth of useless tables 😩
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

Like instead of having a woodwork and blacksmith station, you just have a "crafting station" that then has a separate new list of woodwork, blacksmith etc...
    Seems [snip] and pretty much lore breaking, not even lore breaking but just physics breaking!

You will still have the individual stations, Blacksmith, Woodwork, etc, but the tables will be attainable to all the 70+ crafting sets so now guild halls won't have to have 280+ crafting tables for all the crafting sets.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:41AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The general request has been for a master station of each crafting type. The idea behind it is to free up space in guild halls as the number of sets is quickly outrunning the available item slots. Rather than have to buy one station for each craftable gear set and craft type you would attune a single station to every gear set. My take on this was it does not have to replace existing tunable crafting stations but would allow players to merge their existing stations to the master if they desired to. To add new sets I thought a new a tuning item could be created and purchased the same way you purchase an attunable station today. Whether ZOS could come up with a good implementation that meets the player's expectations is still an open question.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:42AM
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see 1 table per set. (i.e. a "Julianos" table where you choose clothing/bs/etc).
    The table could be designed visually to include all the craft tools.

But that's a personal opinion. Whether it's a 75% reduction or just 4 tables period (1 per craft type), it's a desperately needed improvement.

From the start, our guild wanted to create a scenic environment to craft in instead of a "factory" with a grid of tables on a blank property. By the end of 2023, as we get closer to 1/2 filling a large property just with craft tables (*with* the ESO+ bonus), we'd have to move to the island or coldharbour or something like it and just slap down the tables.

I'm also curious to see if the existing tables will remain part of the game, if they can be traded in or used as parts to make the new tables, etc. It would not surprise me at all if the current system will be completely left as-is, with the option to grind out the new thing via vouchers. Time will tell!
    Edited by hiyde on January 25, 2023 10:48PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The general request has been for a master station of each crafting type. The idea behind it is to free up space in guild halls as the number of sets is quickly outrunning the available item slots. Rather than have to buy one station for each craftable gear set and craft type you would attune a single station to every gear set. My take on this was it does not have to replace existing tunable crafting stations but would allow players to merge their existing stations to the master if they desired to. To add new sets I thought a new a tuning item could be created and purchased the same way you purchase an attunable station today. Whether ZOS could come up with a good implementation that meets the player's expectations is still an open question.

Ahh I understand what it means now, I was thinking completely different to what it actually was.

So what you are saying is essentially guild halls will then have 4 stations, 1 for each craft but at each of those stations it will have a full list of the 80 or whatever crafted sets. Again freeing up and making guild halls not convoluted trying to find the sets.

This make big sense.
    I personally crafted 350+ master writs on the xmas event at a guild hall and while the GM has set the stations up alphabetically and is well organised, both finding sets, travelling to and from the master writ salesmen to hand in, it took hours as well as wasted lots of XP scrolls with time between hand ins.

Plus, all I have is a few mourkaldin attune stations in my house (because that 1 is difficult to get to in game) and even know I have 1000s of writ tickets I do not care about housing, I only have a small house that is useful for myself. If they added a meta crafting station where I can have all crafting sets in that small house, I might end up doing the entire sets myself as well as a meta end game level thing, an objective I will slowly work towards over years.

I guess the best way for them to do it would be to make it that the full mega attunable set stations is only able to learn sets when you sacrifice a set attunable to it.
    That way it doesn't negate the current system at all, doesn't belittle the people who have all the set stations already by allowing anyone to then just buy 1 thing for cheaper and get all their efforts in 1 go. Doesn't turn the economy of set stations, as well as makes a meta set station collecting a viable achievement for anyone, not just guild hall owners or collectors.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:43AM
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...and while we're on this topic...for the love of all that is holy, can we get a QoL update to how we select gear *style* when making an item?

Organizing these by order of release...clicking <right arrow> 80 times to get to the new ones...is super tedious and annoying lol.
    Edited by hiyde on January 25, 2023 10:53PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    My original plan was preparing for the future by making a master crafter on another account with a house, to house a spillover of crafting stations when it got impractical on my first crafting house spacewise. When this new option becomes available ill certainly look at whats more time efficient for me as i have more than enough writ vouchers to fulfill the initial plan. Interesting times ahead 😁
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has collected all the set crafting stations for my guild house, I have mixed feelings about this. One the one hand it will certainly be much easier to use than all the 74+ groups of stations in my house. I will also give me more space in my house for other furnishings.

However, I do wonder a few things:
    - Will it be possible to transfer all the set crafting stations I have over to the new combined stations for free? I really hope so.
    - If adding new sets to the new combined stations will be free, will I get a refund of all the writ vouchers I used? Though I suspect that a new kind item will need to be purchased with writ vouchers that allows one to pickup a set at its zone location (just like using the attunable stations now) and then place it on the new combined stations. Will this be the case ZOS?

• Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the “all-in-one” set crafting table idea.

It’ll free up 209+ furnishing slots, making GHs more manageable.

I’d assume they’d look like the antiquities Shipbuilder woodworking table or similar, a it’s a nicely made furnishing.

I’m hoping that:
    1. All-in-one (“consolidated”) attunable table will still be via writs & Rolis Haluula, but probably at a higher price (?500 writs instead of 250)
    2. That ZOS would add a crown store “consolidation conversion” scroll at a nominal price (not more than 1200 crowns) that can be used….if user has all x4 set tables (attuned, of same set) in inventory, then using the scroll converts the x4 tables into x1 all-in-one already attuned table….
    3. …as ZOS would need to add ‘something’ to allow conversion for the many players that already have fully stocked GH houses.

…but regardless, I’m still pleased with this announcement (possibly more than the Arcarnist…maybe)
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great move with the limited housing items and messy guild halls currently.

And I don't consider what we have now as "wasted." It serves us well before the superior system replaces them.

It would be great if we can return the current ones for a full or partial (they are "used" after all :)) refund but even if they don't do that, I'll be very happy with the new stations.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see 3 way for them to do it as the still described it as atunable wich sugest we still need to attune them

1. 1 table per set reducing the number of table by 75%

2.1 table per craft that we some how have to atune to every set

3. 1 table per craft and they only use attunable as a description so we know what they are talking about but it will already be attuned to all set

I expect #1 as it seem to be the simples for them to implement
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 26, 2023 8:57AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I doubt it will be an easy transition.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why it doesn't just mirror exactly how the Transmute station is designed. All sets and weapon/armor types, you choose what you want to craft from the list and set the improvement and traits and tuff and it builds it.
    Really no need to have one for each type or to have to go through the improvement process anymore.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However they're obtained this is a very good change, especially for guilds whose halls were steadily being taken over with crafting stations. But also for individual players. I've got a few of the attunable crafting stations I've never used because I couldn't decide on just 1 set to attune them to and didn't want to feel like I was wasting them. Now I'll be able to get these ones to use.
    hiyde wrote: »
    Oh...and while we're on this topic...for the love of all that is holy, can we get a QoL update to how we select gear *style* when making an item?

Organizing these by order of release...clicking <right arrow> 80 times to get to the new ones...is super tedious and annoying lol.

I agree, that would be a big improvement.

There's an addon which helps - Votan's Crafting Quick Access - which lets you open drop-down menus that are sorted alphabetically by what you're making and quicker to scroll through. But of course that's only on PC and an addon to create a work-around is never as good as fixing the issue in the game itself.

I suspect ZOS either assume everyone just uses outfits now, or they want everyone to use outfits, so they think the style only matters for master writs and that's fixed by the 'quest only' button.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the supreme irony of my luck when I say this was the one feature I would have enjoyed. But dropping my sub means dropping crafting which obviates the need for the bag.

The bag has grown stale over the years. It does'nt hold anything but parts to crafting but not for other things.
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to hear what they plan for it before the new stations drop in June.

Though I hope and assume the master station needs to be fed attunables to unlock them.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You'll probably click the station and there will be a drop down and you choose what set you want to craft and what pieces.

I'm curious how this will work with Master Writs and if an add on will still be able to do them all. If I have to manually do all the writs will probably just stop doing them.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:44AM
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    2. That ZOS would add a crown store “consolidation conversion” scroll at a nominal price (not more than 1200 crowns) that can be used….if user has all x4 set tables (attuned, of same set) in inventory, then using the scroll converts the x4 tables into x1 all-in-one already attuned table….

I hope it isn't going to cost crowns. Can you imagine having to do 74+ sets * (say) 1000 crowns = 74000 crowns. Let the cost remain as writ vouchers.

I expect/hope that you buy those master stations with writs vouchers and that you also need to buy for attunable (let's name them) crystals that you use in the same manner as the current attunable stations, but after having them attuned you "feed" them to the master stations.

And that players that already have set crafting stations in their house, that there will be a free scroll that removes all those tables from your house and add them to the master stations all at once (and it should only work if you have the master stations in your house of course).
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely to be a Crown Store exclusive.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evilspock wrote: »
    This was mentioned as possible QOL addition end of this year. I would finally be able to add to and decorate my house again!

That was a throwaway line that Rich tossed out there. I would not make any plans based on what he said. It is very likely that this will be some extremely expensive cash shop item, or require a grind to get in game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Well guess i will start saving writ vouchers in case there are some crazy requirements so I can help those in my guilds with crafting halls achieve them if it's not crown store only.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The master attunables stations had better need to use already attuned tables to unlock each set or you just wasted the time of tens of thousands of players over the last few years. If you can just flip the script on people like that, how are they going to trust you not to do it with other things? Hopefully they choose to expand on the current system and not have an alternative cheap path that bypasses all the effort players already put into getting all the attunables they have currently.

I don't understand your frustration, it's not flipping the script it's a QOL update.

People placing down hundreds of crafting tables would fully expect this update to come some day and would be happy about it.
    Edited by Dr_Con on January 26, 2023 4:26PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking there will be a writ voucher purchasable "all in one" attunable, You take it to the world crafting station and attune it as normal and it gets all 4 tables in it.

Then a separate "combining" item (also for writ vouchers). You put an existing set of 4 tables in your inventory and click on the combining item and it fuses the 4 tables into an "all in one"

I can't really see a single table (blacksmithing for example) having all 74+ sets in it. That would likely be a pain to navigate for set crafting but it wouldn't be a big deal for Master writs. I think the more likely thing will be 1 table per set. 1 for Morkuldin, 1 for Ashen Grip, etc...