The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Possibility to buy ESO+ for crowns

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there

What do you think if ESO PLUS MEMBERSHIP would be possible to buy for crowns?

Yes, right inside Crown Store, you could buy or even gift ESO+

Of course, this will be special kind of ESO+ - without in-built 1650 crowns monthly pack. Everything else would be the same as regular ESO+

I think, 3-4k crowns price would be just right.

P.S. Please answer as a regular player, but not as ZOS CEO
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 2, 2023 2:05PM
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!

Possibility to buy ESO+ for crowns 40 votes

Yes
27%
SilverWFSerasWhipXomRhoKZyvaUmbro100WiseSkyedward_frigidhandsMelzoLancer1602VictorDragonslayerProudMary 11 votes
Mostly Yes
7%
ghost_bg_ESOmagnusthoreklemonizzle 3 votes
Indifferent
25%
DanikatN3CR01spartaxoxorpaFoxheartedFeedbackOnlyLordJaxsomfestegiosCazadorwilykcat 10 votes
Mostly No
7%
NestorSheridanTensar 3 votes
No
32%
ThorntongueBethgaelujimaxxTAKISxkargen27heavenelvaHertoginJannekeArchangelIsraphelLalMirchiPhartosDreamyLuSkaraMinocTaSheen 13 votes
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Another one? Maybe.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    I'm not totally opposed or for it though I'd lean more against. It's kind of redundant when you consider that you have to pay real money to get crowns anyway. Besides, you could always just pay 1 month at a time and cancel when you need to.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly Yes
    i'm impressed by game marketing.

hmm - only one option 34 270 crowns for 6 months of eso+ -> for couple of months: insane gold for crowns ratio -> insane guild prices, after no one sells that much of a crowns as bulk -> guild prices go on reasonable level
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't subscribe, period. In fact, free ESO+ trials that let me periodically stuff my crafting bag, fill my stickerbook with DLC gear, dye my costumes, ans decorate my houses insure that I never will.

As far as ZOS' perspective goes, the price/supply/value of Crowns fluctuates a lot more than ESO+'s cash value. ESO+ exists primarily to provide a steady inflow of cash.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold to crown ratio would skyrocket if that would become possible.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. Bad idea.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly No
    Since you are supposed to buy Crowns with Cash, and you can buy Content with Cash, I don't see a good reason for this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are first and foremost a business that needs to make money, with no monetary gains they have no reason to do this. People who spend crowns to actually purchase items in the crown store are not the majority, so someone who has been subbed for years could be sitting on 200k+ Crowns rarely if ever spend on them, they would just reverse it back to a free ESO+ subscription until it runs out.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indifferent
    I think it would be silly and pointless but I'm not against it.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Why would I want to pay more in crowns for an ESO+ Sub every month than I already do for an ESO+Sub that also gives me crowns....? This...makes no sense.

3000 Crowns= $24.99 USD

My Current sub, which also gives me crowns=$14.99 USD a month, and less than that if I buy a year...

Your suggestion is charging more for less...
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly No
    Why would I want to pay more in crowns for an ESO+ Sub every month than I already do for an ESO+Sub that also gives me crowns....? This...makes no sense.
    I guess the main reason for such proposal is the ability to buy subscription for gold.

• Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly putting the sub in the CS would give people who don't have the irl funds for it a chance to get the perks. ZOS would still be getting their money for it, too, because someone still has to spend the money irl to get it, and if you don't include the monthly allowance of Crowns, a number of people will likely continue to purchase the normal sub when they can.

I mostly think they're missing out by not having an option to gift a sub, though. Like have an option when you're purchasing a sub to get a code that you can give to another person so the sub is actually applied to their account instead of your own.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Why is there a second topic on this? We just had one.

As I said in the other topic this seems like something that would only appeal to people who use gifting to buy crown store items with gold and possibly current subscribers who don't use their crowns for anything. Otherwise there's absolutely no reason to add a step to getting ESO+ and lose out on one of the benefits as a result.

Since I don't get involved in trading gold for crowns (or vice versa) it's irrelevant to me what's available that way.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Danikat wrote: »
    Why is there a second topic on this? We just had one.

As I said in the other topic this seems like something that would only appeal to people who use gifting to buy crown store items with gold and possibly current subscribers who don't use their crowns for anything. Otherwise there's absolutely no reason to add a step to getting ESO+ and lose out on one of the benefits as a result.

Since I don't get involved in trading gold for crowns (or vice versa) it's irrelevant to me what's available that way.

I knew this topic looked familiar to me. I agree 👍
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are first and foremost a business that needs to make money, with no monetary gains they have no reason to do this. People who spend crowns to actually purchase items in the crown store are not the majority, so someone who has been subbed for years could be sitting on 200k+ Crowns rarely if ever spend on them, they would just reverse it back to a free ESO+ subscription until it runs out.
    Agree, as you get near the ESO+ cost in crowns you can roughly only pay half as much for ESO+.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly Yes
    While I'd prefer the Crafting Bag be like GW2 Materials Storage, allowing slot upgrades to be bought from their Store (e.g. Blacksmithing limit +1000), having the possibility to have temporary access to the Crafting Bag would be interesting as well.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Danikat wrote: »
    As I said in the other topic this seems like something that would only appeal to people who use gifting to buy crown store items with gold and possibly current subscribers who don't use their crowns for anything.

Yes, this is the main reason.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ZOS will never do this. Most players would just buy their ESO+ with gold instead of real money. I like the idea though.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be weird to buy ESO+ with crowns that you can get from buying ESO+

Before something like that would be allowed they'd have to alter ESO+ bought with crowns so you don't get the stipend, and they have to give us a secure way in game to trade crowns, because people will be looking nonstop to buy them with gold or other trades.