The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ToT cooldown

Glantir
Glantir
✭✭✭✭
Does the cooldown for forfeiting a match make any sense?

If my opponent have more luck and have already an unbeatable deck and still needs about 2 minutes per turn its just a waste of time to play the match to the end.
And in this case i simply want to forfeit and try it again in another match....
Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it does not make any sense. This cooldown should be erased.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's meant to help discourage players from helping to boost another player's ranking by agreeing to forfeit a series of games to them?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I wonder if it's meant to help discourage players from helping to boost another player's ranking by agreeing to forfeit a series of games to them?

probably, but isnt it kind of hard to do that with a random queue? even 2 people queuing at the same time arent guaranteed to have a match against each other (though it probably increases the likelihood if the queue is slow)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has been around, the queue makes absolutely makes sense. Some players instantly concede when the game isn't going their way or you pick patrons they don't like, imagine this nonsense going on and on. Player concedes when the match isnt a win, and you match up with them again on the next game.

If it helps any, when you are in a match for a while and you concede, you don't seem to get a penalty the first time.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work like Overwatch's quick play did? Does? Idk I barely play since OW2 dropped. Anyway....

How it work(s/ed) is you're allowed to concede a certain number of matches without penalty. However, if you're quitting way more matches then you're playing, it gives you one. Playing a certain number of matches without quitting removes the penalty like it never happened.

This way people don't quit instantly constantly if they don't get to go first or everytime they don't like initial tavern or whatever.

But they have plenty of space to quit lost causes, unsporting opponents, when facing undesirable decks, etc. without being punished. Most people would probably never see the penalty
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 25, 2023 4:39AM