The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Far to few Rune nodes on the map / TESO grinding professions.

Sangeet
Sangeet
✭✭✭
Hi,

i got the impression that leveling enchanting is very hard compared to other professions, as there are very few nodes on the map, and you could only destroy some of the "armor patches" , it does not seem that you can level this craft in any feasibly time while you are still adventuring in that zone. Or is it recommended to run around the map in circles for hours just to get a few skill points?

Is this the real grind in teso?
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a lot of runes in ebonheart area. They are a bit hidden but it you run around you find enough. Number of Runewords equals items I made, so I think it's not that bad.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    Quest at night, they glow like mad. There are a lot of them, and most people don't seem to notice at all...
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so true...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MisterBlue
    Zamiel's advice is solid, I found tons while not even looking for them, all because I decided to spend an in game night just exploring leisurely. The glow effects aren't overpowering but you've got to be focused pretty hard elsewhere to miss them.
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    look by rocks, under rocks/mtns and thats where I really tend to find mine.
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    What's said above is true; spending one perk point on having the runestones light up white helps, too, if you are approaching one from the side or behind and can't see it's normal coloured glow-light.

But personally, I just am dumping points into an enchanter hireling.
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • Tirocupidus
    I've been focusing on enchanting and blacksmithing, and I'm having to put a lot more effort into blacksmithing to keep the levels up. I've never even tried to find rune stones, so I think it seems to be okay for now. And yes, the night hunting is a great suggestion, especially with skills in Keen Eye.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly having a heck of a time finding Aspect runes.

All of mine are blue, purple and yellow... and I can't use them yet. /sigh
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aspects are intentionally rare, there's a skill you can put points into that gives you a higher chance of receiving them from breaking down finished enchants.
  • Tirocupidus
    I'm mostly having a heck of a time finding Aspect runes.

All of mine are blue, purple and yellow... and I can't use them yet. /sigh
    Yeah, that's a pain since we can't use them yet. I can understand finding blue in low-level zones, but purple and gold? On the bright side, even when we're higher level, we'll still be able to use rune stones from lower areas to get relevant materials.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    Enchanting is the harder one to learn and level... but you also do not need to research traits like with the other gear crafts. So they want it slow and that is how it gets to be slow... if all crafting were too easy everyone would do it. I like having the challenge myself. :)
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Aspects are intentionally rare, there's a skill you can put points into that gives you a higher chance of receiving them from breaking down finished enchants.

I have a rank in it, and I'm still not getting them.

You *need* aspects to level enchanting and they're entirely too rare to do so.
    Allonan wrote: »
    Enchanting is the harder one to learn and level... but you also do not need to research traits like with the other gear crafts. So they want it slow and that is how it gets to be slow... if all crafting were too easy everyone would do it. I like having the challenge myself. :)

There's a difference between difficulty and time consumption.

I'm doing it as is everyone else I'm playing with. You don't need to research other crafts to level them in a timely manner either. Provisioning is ridiculously easy to level, as is smithing, clothing and woodworking.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    otomodachi wrote: »
    What's said above is true; spending one perk point on having the runestones light up white helps, too, if you are approaching one from the side or behind and can't see it's normal coloured glow-light.

But personally, I just am dumping points into an enchanter hireling.

He doesn't like to bring me aspect runes it seems.

For the record, everything but Alchemy is at 7 or higher(character's 11) and I haven't bothered with Alchemy yet.

None of it is difficult, and this is the only one where materials aren't plentiful. Well, the right ones that is. I have about three dozen random runes and 0 of them are aspect. Bank space hogging they are.
  • Smokeman
    Smokeman
    Try looting heavy bags, every time i found 2x Ta runes in them.
  • dumbo
    dumbo
    I've also found it extremely hard to find rune nodes.

Yesterday, in my travels, I found 5-10 chests, enough iron to build a battleship, enough maple to equip the entire English army with longbows... and 2 rune nodes. I've been destroying all the enchants for runes, but that only seems to give 1 type of rune.

Are people harvesting these nodes "professionally" or am I just missing something? (this is in Glenumbra/EU server)
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    The experience gained from crafting already translated/deconstructing is pitiful.
    They did mention on the Reddit Question thread that they are looking into enchanting leveling, I believe.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is good as is. Aspect are rarer for a reason, I think it is to easy to level overall. Put point in improved aspect chance, you get that skill really fast
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Sangeet
    Sangeet
    ✭✭✭
    Well, then the reason is not fun ! Making something hard by dont having enough nodes, means running around in circles on the map, till you have enough of them, while everyone else can take their stuff on the way. There are also maps online, where all nodes are viewable (tesohead) its not hard to do a route, its just time sinking what is happening for enchantments. And if it feels like this already on low levels, then its actually not fun.
    When i kill a boss in a public dungeon, he drops like 3,4 items, which can be deconstructed by a woodworker, armor smith etc...
    I see an imbalance here, which needs to be fixed.
  • Lucani
    Lucani
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with the balance issues with enchanting, as you only get one rune per node as opposed to 2-4 iron ore/maple, and the runes tend to be few and far between in comparison to ores and wood. However I do think Enchanting is one of the most interesting, and I think it's awesome to actually hear your characters voice rather than the constant clang of the blacksmith's hammer! I definitely prefer it to Woodworking/Blacksmithing/Clothier and I think it's worth the extra time spent (In my opinion)
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are enough of them and they respawn really fast. I could use more of course but if you give a deep look you will find many runes.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    The experience gained from crafting already translated/deconstructing is pitiful.
    They did mention on the Reddit Question thread that they are looking into enchanting leveling, I believe.

That's the same as any other crafting skill, though; they did that intentionally. If you have someone else on at the time, craft some things, trade them, and deconstruct someone else's stuff and you'll get higher experience.

I mean, think about it, if you're the one that made it, you shouldn't learn a lot by taking it apart since you know what went into it. If you try taking apart someone else's work, you'll learn a lot more.

I found that in the beta, I was lacking essence runes and now I'm lacking aspect runes, like most people. Questing at night is a very good alternative, but I also found that there were tons of runes in the Bal Foyen area.
    Edited by psychounz on April 1, 2014 7:23PM
  • Dday5689
    Dday5689
    Putting points into aspect rune find is difficult when you can't find enough of them in the first place to level enchanting high enough to unlock the skill. I understand that each trade should be equally complicated. But searching day and night for aspect runes isn't complicated, it's tiresome and boring and monotonous. I get that farming is never super exciting, but usually the reward lies in the item obviously, but also the enjoyment of crafting itself. Enchanting is basic with little to no depth, unlike previous elder scrolls enstallments.
  • clairefunb16_ESO
    I like that it's a challenge to find them. Feels rewarding when I do get one, in a way that iron / wood / jute doesn't.
  • venrick
    venrick
    Soul Shriven
    As you look at the terrain think "if i was a Dev, where would i hide stuff". That's how i always find them and other nodes.
  • Sangeet
    Sangeet
    ✭✭✭
    Running around in circles, grinding materials for hours is not fun, i did that already in other games, doing a craft while leveling up is okay, but not when you have to run several hours in a circle. Is that part of the elderscrolls olympics? When there would be a race track /competition, it might be somewhat interesting, but just to get some node .... call me lazy, but i dont like games that feel like work. I already already work over 40h per week, so i am not compelled by working virtually.
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Smokeman wrote: »
    Try looting heavy bags, every time i found 2x Ta runes in them.

THIS and you can get higher quality too, as i know i've gotten the gold quality rune from it. (Kata?)
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    There are a ton more nodes then beta it seems to me. Heavy bags are the best.
    Edited by Salsadoom on April 2, 2014 11:18PM
  • uthandireb17_ESO
    Yea, I've poured all my money and as many skillpoints as I can and a lot of my time into buying runes, looking for runestones, buying glyphs and such, while my enchanting is still stuck on 13...
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real issue isn't so much finding them (although I do agree it's an issue because you need at least one aspect per rune... and aspects are rare), but how little XP you get for crafting/deconstruct of runes. I am making runes for the only aspect improvement tier i can (3) and deconstructing the ones others have made, and getting barely a dent in my enchanting bar (yes even with a full deconstruct set). Enchanting is really the most tedious/unsatisfying thing to level