Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current lag

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
Am I the only one having incredible lag right now? Been like this for the past 2-3 days. Sometimes my ping is 200-300 but even when it sits around 70-80 like it usually does the lag is there.
Things happen with a 2 sec delay so I get killed without even seeing what is happening.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 24, 2023 4:26AM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see my ping fluctuating far more than normal and frequently it can be 10-20 ms higher than normal so something somewhere is happening I'm just not sure if it's on ZoS' end or at some node between my ISP and ZoS' servers.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform and server?

Your location in the real world?

Your location/content in the game?
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok maybe it's not just me then.
    I play on PC-EU and I live in Sweden, it laggs the most in BG's of course but still happens in PVE enviroments.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here,I usually play with 100-stable latency and for the past days it goes from 80 up to 130,pc-EU
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My lag has been dreadful the last few days and my ping makes yours all look good.

I'm on PS4 in Australia and my ping to NA 2 hours ago from the console (https://pingtestlive.com/eso-status) was averaging 700 milliseconds, with huge fluctuations between 400 and 3000. Funnily enough, the EU server gave a far better result, but still over 400 on average.

Even checking this from my PC just now is averaging 330. My tip: be grateful for what you've got.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    My lag has been dreadful the last few days and my ping makes yours all look good.

I'm on PS4 in Australia and my ping to NA 2 hours ago from the console (https://pingtestlive.com/eso-status) was averaging 700 milliseconds, with huge fluctuations between 400 and 3000. Funnily enough, the EU server gave a far better result, but still over 400 on average.

Even checking this from my PC just now is averaging 330. My tip: be grateful for what you've got.

Wow man that is totally unplayable. I feel for ya =(. Lets hope it'll get better soon
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    Ok maybe it's not just me then.
    I play on PC-EU and I live in Sweden, it laggs the most in BG's of course but still happens in PVE enviroments.
    Try rebooting your computer if restarting the game and updating addons don't work.
    No not an joke a month or so ago, I had game being very bad, it was hard doing crafting writs.
    Reboot and it was fine, I only get lag in huge Cyrodil fights normally.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're not alone, the lag is horrible. - PC - EU, laggy in pve, and unplayable in pvp.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    HI all, if you are are experiencing lag, could you note the following for us:
    • Platform Server (i.e.- PC EU/ XB NA)
    • In-game location
    • Activity being done where lag was experienced

We can pass the feedback on.

Also, please place an in-game ticket when this happens as well. This should give the team more information to better identify issues.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Wow man that is totally unplayable. I feel for ya =(. Lets hope it'll get better soon

Thanks.
    I reset the router and it brought the ping down to the low 400's on the PS4 (still 320 from the PC) but that's still not great, especially if I want to play PVP.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We also recommend the troubleshooting below that can help with latency issues in ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post