The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tanking Elsweyr Dragons, armor tips?

BoraxFlux
BoraxFlux
✭✭✭✭✭
Enjoy tanking dragons once in a while, now with the event starting in a few days, I'd like to see whether I can make some changes.

I see that the Ebon armor and Batalion are only suited for yourself and a group.
Elsweyr dragons are mostly pugs, is there a good tanking set that benefits pugs?

Currently running on an Imperial Necromancer with almost all points in health, would like to keep Batalion, but change the Ebon Armory, though any tips are welcome:

Mighty Chudan
1. Adds X Armor
2. Adds X Maximum Health, Gain Major Resolve at all times, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5948.

Ebon Armory
2. Adds X Max Health
3. Adds X Max Health
4. Adds X% Healing Taken
5. Increases your Max Health by X for you and up to 11 other group members within 28 meters of you.

Batalion Defender
2. Adds X Maximum Health
3. Adds X Maximum Stamina
4. Adds X% Healing Done
5. When you Block, heal yourself or a group member within 15 meters of you for X Health. This effect can occur every 1 second and scales off your Max Health.

• Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nazaray, Turning Tide, Crimson Oath. Go full debuff route since my buff sets effect group only. If you want selfish, do Leeching Plate and/or Crest of Cyrodiil.

Granted during the event they'll melt so fast it won't matter and they'll be like 10 other tanks stealing taunt from you anyways. So maybe instead of Turning Tide just put a damage set or something selfish.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much @Dragonredux , will be going the debuff/damage route and checking those sets you mentioned. I like the Crimson Oath set. If I can't get it before the event, it will be certainly nice to have.

No-one can really call dibs on the dragon indeed, it is quite like herding cats on the event. The busyness though is absolutely enjoyable, hope the server can manage.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the most useful things ive found tanking dragons is having heal + purge

i dont know how useful tanking will be for the dragons during the event, theres usually so many people there killing them that the dragons die in seconds so you might not even have time to taunt the dragon before its basically dead lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...Granted during the event they'll melt so fast it won't matter and they'll be like 10 other tanks stealing taunt from you anyways. So maybe instead of Turning Tide just put a damage set or something selfish.
    ....the dragons die in seconds so you might not even have time to taunt the dragon before its basically dead lol

Lol...It's been a blast, quite literary:
    20230126202541-1.jpg
    Also with all Bastians, Embers, Mirri's and Isobels joining the fray