The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armor and Unnatural Movement.

Snamyap
Snamyap
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. One of the heavy armor penalties is increasing the size of your detection area by 10% while sneaking per HA piece. It states sneaking but it affects the invisibility that Unnatural Movement (vampire passive) grants. Without any heavy armor pieces I can literally run into mobs without being detected, with a full set of heavy armor they will see me when I get too close.

Edit: same seems to go for Shadow Cloak. Mobs will spot me, they won't attack while invisibility is up but they give a red dot on my compass and will attack the moment Shadow Cloak drops. So is invisibility just a sneak with a very small detection range? I always noticed the eye thingie opens a bit when getting close to mobs but they never actually saw through it.
Edited by Snamyap on January 22, 2023 7:50AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were some changes to sneak some time ago. I don’t think you can get full sneak with any pieces of heavy armor on now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA