The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The New Wayshrine Bug

Caribou77
Caribou77
✭✭✭✭✭
Are many people experiencing the bug where after arriving at a wayshrine you cannot interact with anything or use any skills, you can only walk/run about?

On Xbox NA this happens to me daily, and the only way to fix the problem is to exit the game and start it again.

It is a very consistent and time-consuming bug— yet I could find no mention of it in recent bug reports so I’m describing it here in hopes of drawing attention.

Does anyone know if there’s been a developer response to the issue?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 22, 2023 7:25PM
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, this sounds like what happens when you have a network interruption. The client is still active, but you cannot interact with anything and others are frozen.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS5 playing on PS/NA, this happens sometimes when arriving at a wayshrine. Exit the game and start again will fix. Also typing /reloadui and pressing enter on an attached keyboard will fix. Since the controller buttons do not function when this bug occurs, it is not possible to enter /reloadui using the controller.

I do not think it is possible to experience this bug unless you play with a controller. Which everyone does on the console megaservers, but few people do on the PC megaservers.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I also get this sometimes when I use a wayshrine. I can walk around but I can't use any skills or bring up the main menu. I CAN use a controller to resolve the issue. I bring up the text chat by pressing the start button and the touchpad at the same time (PS5) and typing /reloadui into the text chat. I don't need to relog. It's very annoying.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it happens to me, other players’ toon are still moving around, they’re not frozen. I just can’t use any skills or interact with NPCs, doors, etc.

So maybe it’s not a network interruption? Started happening about 3-4 weeks ago.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Press your map and options button together to bring up the on screen keyboard then /reloadui. You dont need to quit the game. Its beena problem on console for a while now
    Soupy twist
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's on PC when you use controller as well. On PC, I can alt tab out of the game and then click into the chat and when I report the bug it goes away. I have been experiencing it off and on for a month or two.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes one of my guildies had this in Cyrodil last night coming out of Cheesmongers.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it’s pretty pervasive, and wonder if ZOS has responded with a plan to fix it?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had this happen on PC NA using keyboard and mouse.
    PCNA
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/621997/bug-character-can-only-walk-no-interaction-possible#latest

start + menu to type /reloadui

for me incredibly rare on pc, but quite often on series s

(as there is solution i doubt it is in priorities to be fixed soon)
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ghost, I am on Xbox Series S, NA, and it happens daily.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does sound like it's only happening on console or if on PC with a controller. I've played on PC EU and NA with mouse and keyboard since launch and never experienced it. Was it introduced with the accessibility changes?
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Dovetail_Stormrider
    Still happening. Hitting it almost every wayshrine now. PS4.
    House of Morningstar Gaming Community Co Creator and Co Founder -- visit us on the web at: houseofmorningstar.gamerlaunch.com (Discord linked there to contact, PS4 messages welcome) PS4 NA Server Guildmaster: HOM Invicta -- PS4 Gamertag: Dove_SMPDSM (current) -- aka theophannia (originally)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get it every other day or so, no set pattern. PS4. I learned from this thread that /reloadui works and after that it's a quick fix. Prior I had to reset.