The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New moon weapons from crown crate

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed that the new moon weapons don't do anything, there is no animation when I preview them, instead it's showing the weapon as if it's a normal weapon style with an enchant on it. I assumed they would have a cool black vapor glow like the rest of the crate theme, but they don't seem to do that. Is it just me or is this intentional? I can't imagine this is intentional or else they're really quite bland.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentional. Not all crate season weapon styles got effects.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, they are as same as the "New Moon Priest" style without green details. The New Moon Priest pages are cheaper than 5k gold :*
    New Moon Priest Shield vs New Moon Shield
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's....wow.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also worth noting these weapons first came out before the Motif itself released, a fair few months inbetween.

But still they are trash.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so disapponted, how cool would they look with the black vapor theme, what a waste!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how the weapons were designed and it would not be fair to change them now after people may have bought them for their current appearance. I don’t have any of these weapons, but I know I would hate it if effects were added to the Ayleid crate mounts or weapons!

It would be nice if such visual effects could be toggled on and off for weapons and mounts. I actually like the New Moon mounts better without the effects (so they appear to me in Cyrodiil) but I love the leaves and flowers from my Wild Hunt mounts!
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how the weapons were designed and it would not be fair to change them now after people may have bought them for their current appearance

I don't think it would be unfair at all, rather the opposite. They released new moon motifs that do the same thing, so having a weapon skin reward like this, considering the cost of a crate and the reward rarity, doesn't make any sense without the effects.

I do agree though, a toggle would be great for everyone across the board, it just makes sense to implement.

Edited by Rageypoo on January 22, 2023 1:23PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    This is how the weapons were designed and it would not be fair to change them now after people may have bought them for their current appearance

I don't think it would be unfair at all, rather the opposite. They released new moon motifs that do the same thing, so having a weapon skin reward like this, considering the cost of a crate and the reward rarity, doesn't make any sense without the effects.

I do agree though, a toggle would be great for everyone across the board, it just makes sense to implement.

I would be mad if they suddenly changed styles I had bought with real money or hard earened gems/seals because they did not have overly flashy effects and then they added those.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot see any reason to have these as a reward when there is a motif out there that does the exact same thing. If that is a concern for other players they can simply get the motif. The crate rewards should have effects!

Don't get me wrong I understand your concern, I just think this is limited thinking. The toggle idea fixes this, I think anything that improves upon is better than none at all.
    Edited by Rageypoo on January 22, 2023 9:40PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot see any reason to have these as a reward when there is a motif out there that does the exact same thing. If that is a concern for other players they can simply get the motif. The crate rewards should have effects!

Don't get me wrong I understand your concern, I just think this is limited thinking. The toggle idea fixes this, I think anything that improves upon is better than none at all.

The motif has very undyeable green parts, and as mentioned there are other crate styles which do not have effects but are also unique in model. Like the Baandari Pedlar style from the Baandari Pedlar crates and Valorous Sovngarde style from the Sovngarde crates. I, and I'm sure others also, don't suddenly want effects added to them.
    I even wish we could get a version of the monster arms weapon packs without effects.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on January 22, 2023 10:22PM
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree to disagree, I think a toggle solves both positions.
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think OP is right.
    Ayleid Crate weapons are not legendary(100gems) but Epic(40 gems).
    Baandari-pedlar weapons are very unique.
    Valorous Sovngarde weapons are also a bit unique(still i would rate them Epic not Legendary)

New Moon weapons would be better Epic(40gems) or be having VFX. The problem is if they wouldn't be inside Crown Crates, you would just pass buying them. However, when they are inside the crates, you get them while opening the crates. You expect better Legendary items while you are running after your favorite Apex/R.A items. Even if you don't drop Apex/R.A items, cool Legendary items would cheer you up a bit. When Legendary items are not 100gem-looking items, it's more disappointment at that point.
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Agree to disagree, I think a toggle solves both positions.

Toggle setting for every weapon(like the settings for mount upgrades and polymorph head) sounds good :smile:
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP is right. When Legendary items are not 100gem-looking items, it's more disappointment at that point.

Thank you, for a legendary reward these skins suck! could be better = )
    Edited by Rageypoo on January 25, 2023 6:07PM
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Crown crate weapons don't usually have effects. Some do, most haven't.

Though none are quite as egregious as the New Moon style. The Voriplasm weapons from Xanmeer crates were the same as Dead Water, but at least they had Voriplasm goo gripped to them. Though they just yoinked those out of the game from the Voriplasm enemies anyway (and somehow left out the shield).

This is why crates with a very strong associative theme with an expansion or DLC should release at the same time, so that assets only get reused in interesting ways that people might actually want and only on purpose.
    Molag's balls!