The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How does AP and ranks work for alts?

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
I just found out we can store Alliance Points in bank so we can also send them to any character accound-wide. I had some alts with useless AP so I decided to centralize all the currency on my main pvp character.

Yet I see his ranks is still the same, even after reaching an amount of AP enough for two ranks higher ... why?

Is the AP=Rank scale broken now? or did I do something wrong?
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any character can spend the currency, but it only counts toward rank as it’s earned (so for the character that collects it).
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any character can spend the currency, but it only counts toward rank as it’s earned (so for the character that collects it).

This.

There are two AP in the game. There is AP that is essentially XP for advancing the character's rank in PvP and then there is the AP currency that is earned from doing PvP.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only counts towards their rank if it's new AP entering your account, not points withdrawn from the bank. It's a good idea to consolidate it all so it's easier to see how much you have and for spending it but it won't help you gain ranks.

Other than playing PvP on them the best thing you can do for a characters rank is make sure you log into them first on the days when AP is the login reward, because that does count.

Which is weird for me because it means my crafter is now one of my highest ranked PvP characters and I don't think he's even been to Cyrodiil. (But it fits his backstory, so it's ok.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Other than playing PvP on them the best thing you can do for a characters rank is make sure you log into them first on the days when AP is the login reward, because that does count.

Which is weird for me because it means my crafter is now one of my highest ranked PvP characters and I don't think he's even been to Cyrodiil. (But it fits his backstory, so it's ok.)
    I try and check this usually

Yes you can easily justify/roleplay this as a military Supplier x)
    Amottica wrote: »

This.

There are two AP in the game. There is AP that is essentially XP for advancing the character's rank in PvP and then there is the AP currency that is earned from doing PvP.

Oh no! no god...! please no!! noooooo!!! :D

Okay then where can I see the "actual" earned AP of each character, especially my main, to know how (not) advanced I am??

Did I screw the whole exact account thing up?

Edited by Ajaxandriel on January 20, 2023 2:44PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your rank ("Recruit", "Tyro", whatever) will be listed on the Alliance War tab. You can hover over the bar and it will show you how far along you are to next Rank. That specific character will have to earn the AP to reach next rank.

This is a useful listing of all the ranks and AP per rank and total cumulative AP along the way.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Your rank ("Recruit", "Tyro", whatever) will be listed on the Alliance War tab. You can hover over the bar and it will show you how far along you are to next Rank. That specific character will have to earn the AP to reach next rank.

This is a useful listing of all the ranks and AP per rank and total cumulative AP along the way.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points

OK so there's at least the bar towards the next rank, I guess it's fine to see the progression. Thanks!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your on PC there is also an addon option to give yourself an extra alliance rank XP bar so its easily visible on screen, and showing you how much AP to earn until you rank up

it has been very motivational for me in trying to push one of my characters to rank 50 (im about 720k AP to rank 44 right now) lol

edit: looked up the name of the addon for those interested "alliance rank progress"
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on January 25, 2023 6:24AM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014