The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Inconsistency with crown store and endeavor store mount pricing?

FuriousStyles23
FuriousStyles23
Soul Shriven
What's the justification for mounts that cost anywhere from 1200, 1600, and 2500 crown gems all costing 16,000 endeavor points in the endeavor store?

It's hard to not feel like you're not getting ripped off buying anything other than the 2500 gem mount in the endeavor store.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 9, 2023 1:47PM
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think anything over 400 gems for anything, any mount or anything is too much and I won't ever pay anything over 400 gems for anything.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you rather the mounts all cost more? Because that's what going to happen if they make it more consistent. They won't lower crown gems, they'll raise endeavors.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 20, 2023 1:19AM
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a 'discount' reward for devoted players who login daily (and support the game by actively playing) for endeavors.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavors are simply a way to comply with EU loot box laws.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One interesting thing is that more expensive stuff is much lower priced in endeavors than crown gems.
    standard epic is 400 gems, legendary is 100, epic is 40 and superior is 16 gems. Radiant is 1200 to 2500, who is insane.
    scaling is 1-2.5- 6.25-25

For seals of endeavor: epic is 8000 seals, legendary is 3600, epic is 2000 and superior is 1000 seals.
    scaling is 1,2,3.6,8

so you want to use gems for the cheaper superior and epic while saving up the seals for the expensive stuff if you have both.
    I assume this is planned so.
    for radiant epic its 16 timed for seals and 75-156 times for gems.
    Edited by zaria on January 20, 2023 8:14AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the crown gem to seal of endeavor ratio pricing is ok. Seals will always be hard to collect because of amount per time restriction. While gems can be accumulated as long as you got money to buy crates.
    Just my ten seals/gems for thought.
    Edited by jtm1018 on January 20, 2023 8:19AM
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Would you rather the mounts all cost more? Because that's what going to happen if they make it more consistent. They won't lower crown gems, they'll raise endeavors.

i remember when you could buy 15 crates and get 1 crate themed mount OR trade in all ur trash (pots, food, etc) and have enough points to buy one with normally under 100 left .... not no more, your lucky to get 2-300 gems after trading everything in and out of everything you got, crates have gotten worse in quality and less giving then before, i stopped buying them... its sad really

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a consistent exchange rate between gems and seals.

Common: 3g / 360s
    Fine: 5g / 360s
    Superior: 16g / 1,000s
    Epic: 40g / 2,000s
    Legendary: 100g / 3,600s
    Apex: 400g / 8,000s
    Radiant apex: 1,200/1,600/2,500g / 16,000s

Basically the more expensive something is in gems (and the rarer it is in the crates) the better value it is with seals. That's consistent across all the tiers, it's just that radiant apex is the only one where items in the same tier have different gem values.

I think it's a mistake to assume that means 16,000 seals = 2,500 gems and anything less is getting ripped off, partially because that means everything except the single most expensive item in any crate is a rip off but mostly because if you're asking ZOS to fix it they're more likely to take the view that at the top tier 16,000 seals = 1,200 gems and raise the price of the other two accordingly.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • GBllt
    GBllt
    ✭✭
    And before, mounts could only be obtained by opening crates. You could buy 10 lots of 15 crates and not have your mount. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 22, 2023 7:58PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to guess it might be because ZOS wants to encourage players to spend gems and seals differently, because of how they're obtained.

Gems only come from opening crates, so you have to keep opening more crates to get more of them. If ZOS can tempt you into spending your gems on the cheaper, lower tier items first then you might be tempted to buy more crates to keep trying for the rarer items, or to get more gems to buy them.

Whereas seals are free but time-gated so it takes months to get enough for the most expensive items, but most crates are only around for a few months. So if ZOS can persuade you to save them up because they're much better value that way you might be tempted to buy crates to try for the cheaper items (after all, they're much more likely to drop so you've got a good chance, right?) instead of spending seals on them. Or apex/radiant mounts you won't be able to get enough seals for before they disappear.

Or it could just be that the two systems were created years apart, likely by different people who had different views of the arbitrary value of digital cosmetics. Maybe the drop rates have changed since gems were introduced but they don't want to change the gem prices each time, or they didn't consider the exchange rate because they expected the two systems to be used by different people.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If I had to guess it might be because ZOS wants to encourage players to spend gems and seals differently, because of how they're obtained.

Gems only come from opening crates, so you have to keep opening more crates to get more of them. If ZOS can tempt you into spending your gems on the cheaper, lower tier items first then you might be tempted to buy more crates to keep trying for the rarer items, or to get more gems to buy them.

Whereas seals are free but time-gated so it takes months to get enough for the most expensive items, but most crates are only around for a few months. So if ZOS can persuade you to save them up because they're much better value that way you might be tempted to buy crates to try for the cheaper items (after all, they're much more likely to drop so you've got a good chance, right?) instead of spending seals on them. Or apex/radiant mounts you won't be able to get enough seals for before they disappear.

Or it could just be that the two systems were created years apart, likely by different people who had different views of the arbitrary value of digital cosmetics. Maybe the drop rates have changed since gems were introduced but they don't want to change the gem prices each time, or they didn't consider the exchange rate because they expected the two systems to be used by different people.
    In other words: ZOS designed the endeavours system to be less attractive than their in-game gambling.

I just spent several months doing *all* the daily and weekly endeavours to get the azure blight spriggan polymorph. Now I want to get the matching mount. However, buying the polymorph used all my endeavour seals, so by the time I have enough seals to get the mount, there's a high chance it won't be available any more. :(

I'm not going to spend a lot of crowns (and real-life money) on crates, to try to build up enough gems to buy the mount, because I don't gamble.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

This, right here.

OP, don't look a "gift horse" in the mouth. They will not make the other mounts cost less. They'll just jack up the price.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store pricing is disgusting no matter how you look at it.

ZOS is lucky anyone even plays this game with the blatant greed and constant FU to the playerbase.
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown store is pretty easy to ignore. As far as I remember I've got with my ESO+ crowns a basic store woof (I dislike wonky horses in this game) banker crow and merchant kitty assistants and one overpriced weapon skin set (because that one hides em when sheathed). I intended to pick up Esraj with seals but missed it because cared too little to check in time which crate had it...