Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have 5 extra inventory slots and I don't know why.

JoeCapricorn
JoeCapricorn
✭✭✭✭✭
This may be a bug, or I might be missing something, but somehow I have 5 extra inventory slots on all of my alts without having any of the inventory Non-Combat Pets.

7ztki07ydizx.png
(... don't pay any attention to that gold amount :| - I did that to show off how far I've come while also attempting to be funny)
You can see the inventory space I have is at 205 slots. I seem to have these 5 extra slots on all of my other characters as well. I know that there are pets you can buy from the Crown store that can produce this effect but I never bought those. In fact, they are all available on the crown store for me:

qexzbejfp8k5.png

I only just noticed this today, and if it was something that happened earlier I probably would have noticed it then.

As for why I would consider this a bug - well, I don't know why I suddenly have 5 extra inventory slots! What if I fill up an alt, and it gets fixed, and 5 items go missing? I don't typically do that but it's one concern I have. The other is, I just don't like taking advantage of glitches, even unintentionally. No idea if this counts as an exploit as I don't know what caused it to begin with and if it could be replicated.

I can also post my pets list, maybe there is one with a hidden attribute. Maybe something got changed with one of them and it doesn't show up on the tool tip. 889g0h9u7690.png

Daedric: Banekin, Daedric Scamp, Dremnaken Runt, Grisly Banekin Mummy, Scorion Pyreling, Slate-Skinned Daedrat, Stonefire Scamp, Wickerfright Banekin

Flying: Blue Dragon Imp, Blue Shock Nixad, Bright Moons Lunar Moth, Brown Steep Bat, Crimson Torchbug, Dappled Cactus Bat, Devoted Torchbug, Dockside Paper Wasp (most recent pet), Duskfire Nectar Bat, Dusklight Lunar Moth, Galen Wisp, Green Dragon Imp, Haunting Netch, Long-Winged Bat, Pellucid Swamp Jelly, Purple Torchbug, Regal Dovah-Fly, Regal Dragon Imp, Scintillant Dovah-Fly, Shadowswift Bat, Snow Throat Fruit Bat, Soulfire Dragon Illusion, Swamp Jelly, Sylvan Nixad, Unstable Morpholith, Vampiric Dragon Imp

*cracks knuckles* here we go with this big one...
Exotic: Akaviri Potentate Wolf Cub, Appleback Salamander, Arctic Fennec Fox, Aurora Firepot Spider, Bal Foyen Nix-Hound, Barnacle-Back Coral Crab, Bitter Coast Cliff Strider, Clockwork Shalk, Clouded Senche-Leopard Cub, Coldharbour Bantam Guar, Coldspring Nix-Hound, Deadlands Wamasu, Deep-Moss Ash Hopper, Dozen-Banded Vvardvark, Dusky Fennec Fox, Dwarven Theodolite, Dwarven War Dog, Ebon-Glow Indrik, Echalette, Emberthroat Durzog, Energetic Dwarven Shock-Spider, Fawn, Fennec Fox, Flame Atronach Bear Cub, Flame Atronach Pocket Horse, Flame Atronach Senche-Jaguar, Fledgling Gryphon, Fledgling Terror Bird, Frost-Light Indrik, Frost Atronach Senche Cub, Gloam Gryphon Fledgling, Gloomspore Guar Calf, Gloomspore Senche Cub, Gold-Cap Shroom Shalk, Guar-Lizard calf, Haunting Indrik, Helstrom Ancestor Lizard, High Hrothgar Wraith, Hot Pepper Bantam Guar, Imgakin Monkey, Infernium Dwarven Spiderling, Ja'khajiit Raz, Jackal, Karthwolf Shepherd, Kindlespit Dragon Frog, Loyal Dwarven Sphere, Mara's Spring Chicken, Masked Bear Cub, Microtized Verminous Fabricant, Nenalata Ayleid Wolf Pup, New Moon Senche Cub, Nightmare Bear Cub, Noble Riverhold Senche-Lion Cub, Noweyr Pony, Orchidfall Vale Fawn, Palefrost Elk Fawn, Pedlar Pack Wolf Cub, Pocket Salamander, Pony-Lizard, Prong-Eared Odd-Eyed Cat, Psijic Mascot Bear Cub, Psijic Mascot Guar Calf, Psijic Mascot Pony, Psijic Mascot Senche Cub, Psijic Mascot Wolf Pup, Purple Daggerback, Razak's Opus, Rimedusk Indrik, Rosethorn Indrik, Sacrificial Pocket Mammoth, Salamandrine Pony Guar, Sapling Indrik, Sep Adder, Shimmering Indrik, Skald-Muse Fledgling Gryphon, Small Bone Dragon Construct, Snowball Buddy, Snowcap Fledgling Gryphon, Solitude Silver Wolf, Somnolent Void Rot, Sovngarde Pony, Spectral Chicken, Spectral Mudcrab, Spotted Plow Spider (active), Springtide Indrik, Steam-Driven Brassilisk, Stitchfur Cavy, Striped Senche Panther, Verdigris Haj Mota, Vermilion Scuttler, Viridescent Dragon Frog, Voriplasm, Vvardvark, Wasten Coraldale Mudcrab

Domestic: Abecean Ratter Cat, Alik'r Dune Hound, Big-Eared Ginger Kitten, Bravil Retriever, Catwell, Copperback Bear-Dog, Covenant Breton Terrier, Diminion Breton Terrier, Gray Morthal Mastiff, Haunted House Cat, Knights of the Flame Pup, Necrom Ghostgazer Cat, Nibenese Pony, Pact Breton Terrier, Powderwhite Coney, Scruffy Skyrim Paint Pony, Silver Daenian Werewolf Tracker, Sovereign Sow, Tan Morthal Mastiff, Witch-Tamed Bear-Dog, Wrothgar Buck Goat
I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (... don't pay any attention to that gold amount :| - I did that to show off how far I've come while also attempting to be funny)

I hear Elon is hiring at Twitter; that gold amount is totally his style. :wink:

And sorry, no idea why you would get extra inventory.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be someone else who has the same issue, they have 5 extra inventory slots without buying any of the inventory pets. It happened after buying Y'ffre's Will from the Crown store.

I've been buying Y'ffre's Will chapters from my guild store as that's a relatively pricey item I can recycle the excess gold I've been making from selling off my craft-bag hoard to further help them get to One Billion for the week.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With that many pets, I can’t help wondering why you *don’t* have the inventory ones!
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be someone else who has the same issue, they have 5 extra inventory slots without buying any of the inventory pets. It happened after buying Y'ffre's Will from the Crown store.

I've been buying Y'ffre's Will chapters from my guild store as that's a relatively pricey item I can recycle the excess gold I've been making from selling off my craft-bag hoard to further help them get to One Billion for the week.

I also noticed this, but didn't connect the dots that it happened right after I purchased Y'ffre's will.

That's interesting!
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend this happened to as well. I'll ask him if he got Y'ffre's Will.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vdbhes02ifth.png

So I went ahead and bought the three inventory pets. I didn't think to see which one of the pets didn't increase my inventory

Something about a particular Y'ffre's Will chapter being in the Collections grants the same inventory buff as one of those pets. It doesn't grant a new buff, or else I would have 220 inventory slots. It also seems to grant the buff account wide, so all of my characters had 205 inventory.

However, when I purchased the three inventory pets, my inventory slots showed up as 215, which is what it would be if I had all three pets anyway. So, at least for my peace of mind, I know my inventory slots are legit.
    Edited by JoeCapricorn on January 21, 2023 1:48PM