The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Betnikh: Prove Your Worth

Oogaci
Oogaci
✭✭✭
Three of the NPC's cannot be interacted with to initiate the duel necessary to complete this quest.

Their names are: Thishnaku, Snalikh and Uratag.

Relogged three times in an attempt to clear the issue with no luck.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    You just have to wait a few mins, if the holding there hands hurt they cant duel again and also there are more than 3 hunters.
  • KJ_Crow
    KJ_Crow
    Soul Shriven
    Similar problem this morning...

Solved by waiting a few minutes and then returning and trying again.

Also found that they would accept the duel but if you moved to far away or immediately attacked they would not switch to hostile... ask them to duel again, take 2 steps back and they will switch to hostile and the fight can begin.
  • Oogaci
    Oogaci
    ✭✭✭
    Kroin wrote: »
    You just have to wait a few mins, if the holding there hands hurt they cant duel again and also there are more than 3 hunters.
    It's not that, they are actually bugged. They have empty health bars above their heads and it has been that way for at least the last four hours and counting...

Edited by Oogaci on March 31, 2014 1:49PM
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relogging works, keep trying it.
  • eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Bugged for me today. Got two done fine, the rest are sitting with health bars above their heads and will not interact.
  • Milodacat
    Milodacat
    I was stuck at 2 hunter duels completed earlier today, but all of the other potential fights were bugged. ( they werent holding themselves like they were wounded - they had red health bars that were not replenishing, and you could not interact with them).

Logging out/back in fixed a single one of them. I'm guessing I re-spawned into a new instance that had different ones bugged.

Looks like the re-spawn mechanic is flaky - I ran into a similar problem right down the path in the graveyard - only one of the necromancer circles was re-spawning correctly. People were grouping up to share the one working circle. :)

On the good side, though... these were the only two bugs I've come across so far.
  • WeeMadAggie
    WeeMadAggie
    ✭✭
    Bugged for me as well. Just standing there, no health and no animation.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be bugged again. Can duel them, but once the healthbar reaches a certain point they just reset. Is happeneing on all of them.
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    This happened at release, and was fixed for a while. FWIW I was able to get past them yesterday, but saw one that seemed to be bugged as well.
    Edited by Heraclea on June 12, 2014 3:12PM
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is still a little squirrely. The targets often retreat after a whack or two and then disappear. To complete it I chose targets who's back was to something so they could not move backwards.

Oh, and FYI not all hunters have the same HP;)
    Edited by Rikal on July 24, 2015 6:43PM
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)