The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pantherfang no castle

kaisernick
kaisernick
✭✭✭✭✭
Ive been looking at homes in EHT but i couldnt see any that have tried so im curious, has anyone done a home and sealed off the castle effectavly.

i have had the place for a long while now and while i like how it look i feel it need redecorating and id rather just do the chapel and garden.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use Friezes to block the doors. If you want to remove the whole castle from view, you would have to use wall sections. That would impact your item limit.

Trees and Shrubberies could also be effective with an impact on item limits.

Heck, stick one of those huge statues pushed into the wall some.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put boards or portcullis at the entrances. There's quite a few but it shouldn't take a ton of slots to seal them all. There's some in the tunnel areas, I'd recommend barring those with the Deadlands Portcullis because it fits that area well. And then bar off the ocean as well. Lastly, seal the exit from the fort to the chapel.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 16, 2023 5:23AM
  • Cerulione
    Cerulione
    ✭✭✭
    Hello yes I have blocked the castle that since the house was released. Please feel free to visit (@Cerulione /PC-EU). Here is some pictures. But it's more like I block the entire house and build out.

But if you just want to block the castle probably you can put some fake door and put limited visitor?

7baiCxl.png
    V8PxVwj.png
    eIA5aTT.png
    Edited by Cerulione on January 20, 2023 10:18AM

@Cerulione - PC/EU - housing enthusiast, forever magden
    Open House List:

Bouldertree Refuge: Bag End, a hobbit's hole
    Seaveil Spire: Summer Seahouse
    Amaya Lake Lodge: Diagon Alley
    Pantherfang Chapel: Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away
    Autumn's Gate: Autumnal Mountain Lodge
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like the castle and gate without the chapel if anything (but I want them both). I'm currently setting up the castle to be my throne room and main residence, and Highhallow Hold and Colossal Aldmeri Grotto will become get away homes. Just need a lot more rugs, tapestries and other assorted decorations.
  • Ayalockheart
    Ayalockheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Ive been looking at homes in EHT but i couldnt see any that have tried so im curious, has anyone done a home and sealed off the castle effectavly.

i have had the place for a long while now and while i like how it look i feel it need redecorating and id rather just do the chapel and garden.

Depends which areas you want to block off exactly.

Examples:
    If you want to exclude the castle completely, add a door or other item of your choice in front of the main door as you see below.

b0zjfpjbucjp.png
    697x7b9l4zid.png

Set your house with limited visitor in case you choose to use doors to block off so people cannot open the doors you will be adding to block off entrances:

Block the undercroft access either right in front of it or the entire flooded corridor from the first room by adding leyawiin walls or walls of your choice (close the courtyard entrance too). Leyawiin door castle, solitude gate, wood should fit perfectly in the arches.

vfusufjf9g67.png
    n9o0d44gou3p.png

Another example using orsinium, well snowy grated.

x8fm2ow1ynkx.png

These are just straight forward examples.. You can do this in infinite ways depending of the theme you are building....

Edited by Ayalockheart on January 30, 2023 5:12AM
    PC-EU @ayalockheart Open House List
    • Hall of Lunar Champion - Crystal Palace
    • Moon Sugar Meadow - Nordic Cabin ( Hytta )
    • Sleek Creek - Ivory Oasis
    • Earthtear Cavern - Welkynd Ruins
    • Dawnshadow - Château Blanc
    • The Gorinir Estate - Homestead
    • Thieve's Oasis - (WIP - on hold)
    • Black Vine Villa - TSS Rumare
    • Pariah Pinnacle - Frostguard Fortress
    • Forgemaster Falls - Fogimasuta Ryokan
    • Alinor Crest House - Halloween Party House ~ Will be open on 31/10/23
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Golden Mug Caffe
    • Stay Moist Mansion - Emberfall
    • Hunter's Glade - Lost Cult
    • Coldharbour Surreal State - The Pridwen
    • Velothi Reverie - The Perl among corals
    • Exorcised Coven Cottage - The Ground's Keeper Hut
    • Ravenhurst - The Drowsy Stag
    • Captain Margaux- Hallix's Elixirs
    • Flaming Nix - Hare Pines Cottage
    • Stillwaters Retreat - Hogsmeade
    • Panterfang Chapel - Seacrest Fort
    • Domus Phrasticus - Mielikki
    • Hammerdeath Bungalow - The Cottage
    • Mornouth Keep - Ivybury Estate
    • Serenity Falls - [WIP ]
    Comissions done
    Housing Guilds: Ars Gratia
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »

Depends which areas you want to block off exactly.

Examples:
    If you want to exclude the castle completely, add a door or other item of your choice in front of the main door as you see below.

b0zjfpjbucjp.png
    697x7b9l4zid.png

Set your house with limited visitor in case you choose to use doors to block off so people cannot open the doors you will be adding to block off entrances:

Block the undercroft access either right in front of it or the entire flooded corridor from the first room by adding leyawiin walls or walls of your choice (close the courtyard entrance too). Leyawiin door castle, solitude gate, wood should fit perfectly in the arches.

vfusufjf9g67.png
    n9o0d44gou3p.png

Another example using orsinium, well snowy grated.

x8fm2ow1ynkx.png

These are just straight forward examples.. You can do this in infinite ways depending of the theme you are building....

Clever use of the new Orsinium grated well!
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Front door: Cover with Leyawiin Wall, Castle to create an alcove. Place a statue or other item in front to give stairs and alcove a reason to be there.
    AMWts8C5b3x_JxikjXqPd8p84Hgp5PPccfkPucIeLDC3kgNPJ24dci28P-tThBnnSfWSrFtkZ52SMwJFfpGe5ZP5khoUb15tsYASOUUysuNWAX6RxPwQma_jbX-JsyUkGh0w3QjOenbF-i27ZybkUgtxzRFXCw=s941-no?authuser=0
    Tunnel entrance: Cover that branch with Leyawiin Alcove, Castle. It is the exact piece that is used throughout the tunnel.
    AMWts8AX2VadIz8DwfUGUUNQ9ao_Qt2NSsVGAT9LFLc_KN6g9MYmoLMfmvdGd55RgpNnzI-k39fBURt-lPaVX9ZPFF88SCkYczK0avpVyzxs5KGHpWenjsAobgNDpyn9pFgr7GwQmPhRTyP2Qt9cZXsB9lmBvQ=w1500-h941-no?authuser=0