The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stormweaver's Cavort Appreciation Thread

ketsparrowhawk
ketsparrowhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
This mythic is so cool! Since the first time I saw it in the PTS notes I've had an idea to use it on a "rolly-poly" MagSorc. So this past week I did just that and it is WAY BETTER than I was expecting!

BUILD: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=501965

It basically lets me have a StamSorc's defensive style (i.e. hyper-mobility) with a MagSorc's offense. The extra 300 mag recovery that Stormweaver gives makes it easy to use mag for core-combat + casting. I'm also a Breton which makes it even easier. And if I ever start to get low on mag.. nothing a quick Dark Conversion can't fix. Since I don't have to worry about reserving stamina for breaking free etc, I can do as many Dark Conversions as I please without worry. It also allows me to afford the stamina cost of Vigor which -- along with the improved mobility -- has a HUGE impact on my survivability. IT'S THE MAGSORC OF MY DREAMS.

That is all.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your backbar weapon is a bow? You'll have to change the ultimate. Can't use the resto staff ult without a resto staff.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops! Forgot to change that in the editor. I'm using Reviving Barrier for the back bar ult. Thanks!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've been using it on my magblade for a while. Was going to make a high-mag build with a shield, which didn't work well. As a dodge rolling build it's decent.

Meant to try it on sorc, but haven't yet. My general feeling is that you need to find ways to make use of the base stam regen to the full, but no more. Basically, if you can't use that mythic to skimp on stam sustain and build for full damage (or wear something like Rallying + Mara for tankiness), then what's the point? So my question is, why are you wearing Wretched? To have good sustain on Dark Conversion as a heal? Do you find it necessary to use that set? Maybe I'm wrong and that's just really good? Does it fix sorc's healing issues?

By the way, I tested Imperial Wrath a while ago against a target skeleton. It just didn't work. Nothing to do with Ravenwatch or PvP, it just didn't work at all. Skills did the same damage with and without it ... I think I was trying with Swallow Soul. Your mileage may vary, but I'd check all your skills using combat log or ZOS' skill damage display when using that set.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    go jewels of misrule and atro mundas with rc bb maybe (Fred's comment)?
    Looks neat
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been using it on my magblade for a while. Was going to make a high-mag build with a shield, which didn't work well. As a dodge rolling build it's decent.

Meant to try it on sorc, but haven't yet. My general feeling is that you need to find ways to make use of the base stam regen to the full, but no more. Basically, if you can't use that mythic to skimp on stam sustain and build for full damage (or wear something like Rallying + Mara for tankiness), then what's the point? So my question is, why are you wearing Wretched? To have good sustain on Dark Conversion as a heal? Do you find it necessary to use that set? Maybe I'm wrong and that's just really good? Does it fix sorc's healing issues?

By the way, I tested Imperial Wrath a while ago against a target skeleton. It just didn't work. Nothing to do with Ravenwatch or PvP, it just didn't work at all. Skills did the same damage with and without it ... I think I was trying with Swallow Soul. Your mileage may vary, but I'd check all your skills using combat log or ZOS' skill damage display when using that set.

Just the mag sustain alone from wretched is equivalent to any sustain set you can compare it to. It's like wearing two sets. And it's back-bar-able. So if I'm gonna wear a sustain set, may as well wear one that is equivalent to TWO sustain sets. I don't really like any other back bar options tbh so this is the setup that feels good to me. I'm sure there are many great alternatives. I generally never use defensive sets in my builds.

It gives you the same healing capabilities a stamsorc has I.e. the ability to afford the stam cost of vigor. Plus the high-mobility adds a ton of survivability. This replaced the Sithis helm and I feel that I have much better survivability now. But I'm a born roly-poly so it works well for me.

What makes it "worth it" to me is the fun factor more than anything. A magsorc that plays like a stamsorc. Hell yeah! Gives me the defensive style I like without sacrificing that magsorc offense. I find that the damage is more than ample for BG's.

I'll double check imperials wrath.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on January 23, 2023 6:45PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tested it last year and can confirm the Endless Fury initial hit does receive the damage but not the burst proc at 20% health. So it's basically useless for Mag Sorc. Willpower is still the best 3 piece.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 23, 2023 6:13PM
    PC NA
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I tested it last year and can confirm the Endless Fury initial hit does receive the damage but not the burst proc at 20% health. So it's basically useless for Mag Sorc. Willpower is still the best 3 piece.

I just checked and indeed right you are. The pop below 20% hp is not affected. Back to Willpower :/