The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Launcher wants to re-install the game.

j0han_lindellb16_ESO
Hello, i played in the beta and when i tried to fire up the game today the launcher wants to re-install the game. I know some EU people had this problem during the last beta event but i don't know how to solve it. Any suggestions?
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Did you rename your Beta Client during the stress test to the NA server as they requested at that time(second to last beta)? Perhaps that's causing the issue if you are now attempting to play on the EU server.
  • j0han_lindellb16_ESO
    I actually have three folders in my ESO folder. Launcher folder, Elder scrolls online folder and Elder scrolls online EU folder. I have not renamed anything.
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    If I understand you correctly you are in the EU and want to play on the EU server yes, and you are currently running the game from your Beta installation? I'd recommend doing a wipe of the beta client and re-installing fresh.
  • j0han_lindellb16_ESO
    Yes i am in EU and i want to play on EU. I still have the beta installation and according to the FAQ it should not matter. I am letting the game re-install as we speak, but if i can avoid it i will since my connection is so slow.
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if your connection is slow avoiding downloading the client again would be nice. As a rule I always uninstall the Beta Client and install a fresh up-to-launch-date client for any games I do beta participation in.

I can't really tell you how your install folder should be configured since I'm on the NA server but in my installation folder I have 3 folders, Launcher, The Elder Scrolls Online, and Uninstall.

Launcher: folders include locales, ProgramData, and below those folders launcher associated files.

The Elder Scrolls Online: folders include depot, game, and vo_en.

uninstall: Folder called resource, and uninstall associated files below that folder.

I know during beta I ended up with 2 different folders Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls Online which seemed to have a mish-mash of game files distributed between them. I decided to wipe and re-install the client fresh because it seemed "fish-sticky" to me.

Edited by Kaspar on March 31, 2014 11:20AM
  • j0han_lindellb16_ESO
    I solved the problem by copying all the files from the NA folder to the EU folder and now the game is running.