The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why is the COVENANT the only alliance with ZERO ACHIEVABLE HOUSES? (DLC)

NoticeMeArkay
NoticeMeArkay
✭✭✭✭✭
With the "Legacy of the Bretons" coming to it's end, I guess we can savely assume that the Bretons won't be rewarded with a new place to call home without paying crowns.
No playerhome constructed from a collection of new textures and structural meshes will be rewarded to breton players after their 8 year long wait for their own dlc.
Just as their brothers and sisters in arms, the Orcs, haven't seen a gold house with the release of Orsinium in 2015.

But what about Redguards? Well, even tho the Thieves Guild DLC takes place on Abah's Landing, It's a guild based dlc and not meant to focus on the culture of redguards. So considering Zenimax' established procedure for race-related house releases, it makes sense that this DLC doesn't have one to offer.

So for now, the entire Covenant hasn't been rewarded with a single playerhome in exchange for a related achievement or purchasable with gold since the game's release.

Meanwhile the noble Aldmeri Dominion received:

Altmer:

- The Grand Psijic Villa: Was rewarded for free to owners of the Summerset DLC who logged in at any point between their initial purchase of the Chapter and the conclusion of the Summerfall Event during the same year.
- The Alinor Crest Townhouse: A large playerhouse in Alinor (Summerset DLC), purchasable for 1.025.000 gold.

Khajiit:

- The Hall of the Lunar Champion: A large player house in Rimmen. Rewarded by completing the quest "Two Queens" in Northern Elsweyr (Elsweyr DLC) and offering additional unlockable areas upon completing an additional quest in Southern Elsweyr.

Bosmer:

Still waiting for their own DLC. Hang in there, children of Valenwood. You're not forgotten.

And our proud Ebonheart Pact received:

Nords:

- The Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery: A player house in southern Hjaalmarch (Greymoor DLC). It was one of the community rewards from the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event and became available to all players who owned Greymoor and collected the reward bundle from the Crown Store while it was accessible.

- Proudspire Manor: A large player house in Solitude (Greymoor DLC) purchasable for 1.050.000 gold.

Dunmer: - (Edited with Necrom)

- The Ald Velothi Harbor House: A medium player house in northwestern Vvardenfell purchasable for 322.000 gold
- The Amaya Lake Lodge: A large player house on the shores of a lake in southern Vvardenfell purchasable for 1.300.000 gold
- Emissary's Enclave: A large player house on the Necrom docks purchasable for 1.300.000 gold

Argonians:

Sadly, the children of the Hist also received nothing. Remaining as the only members of the Pact with no gold player house.

As somebody who has been a breton main since picking up ESO (mostly focusing on the races of the Covenant overall) , I'd like to know what the reason behind the, assumingly, unfair distribution of gold houses between the 3 alliances is. Because players who chose to pick a Covenant race for their adventures in Tamriel haven't been met with anything else but a potential additional bill for 8 years now. And considering that the prices for crown houses are horrendously high, this sits ill with me and many fellow Covenant players.

No, returning to the outdated base game houses, with their flawed meshes which still remain unfixed, is not satisfying.
No, I do not want to pay an additional 80€ ontop of a 40€ DLC to "reward myself" with a player house up to date with the current texture and mesh standards.
Edited by NoticeMeArkay on June 28, 2023 8:12AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It really sucks we got nothing from High Isle
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 12, 2023 9:03PM
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Breton's usually have my favorite architecture and styling. I especially loved the High Isle aesthetic.... and there was one poorly designed overpriced home for a limited time. Yay.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Zos announcing the Fogbreak Lighthouse as a Crown Store purchase for april 6th, we can savely assume that the covenant will be served another bill and nothing else.

Disappointed.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the thing for which I have most bad feelings since long time - I love Bretons, play them for 20 years since Morrowind and I was really hyped with High Isle chapter. No gold/reward house for whole year was a big hit for me, because now there are almost zero chances for Breton no-crown store house. And High Isle is so beautiful place, so it hurts double, especially that I paid full price for chapter but get limited content compared to previous chapter and even big annoucemnet about even less content this year.

I buy chapters, pay sub and still all the good things goes to crown store, because game is lack of really good rewards which even streames sees and talk about it. As customer I feel really dissapointed in recent times.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I agree. It really sucks we got nothing from High Isle

It hurts a bit more since there was an awesome mage tower and a quaint brookside druid cottage for NPCs that tons of players would have liked versions of.

I am also not a fan of having a house and Inn Room in the same town, wish they would spread that out a bit.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Please consider that each Alliance base game zone has a gold purchasable house available once you’ve completed “Hero of the [insert alliance]” achievement:

Daggerfall Overlook = 3.8M gold
    Ebonheart Chateau = 3.8M gold
    Serenity Falls Estate = 3.8M gold
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and as for Bosmer:

Gorinir Estate = 780k gold
    Boulder tree refuge = 190k gold

(Just so they don’t have to wait for their own DLC :-) )
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    Oh, and as for Bosmer:

Gorinir Estate = 780k gold
    Boulder tree refuge = 190k gold

(Just so they don’t have to wait for their own DLC :-) )

those houses arent using new textures just base game. that's why proudspire manor was mentioned and not the other Nord houses
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emissary’s Enclave

Years ago, Tribunal priests requested a Necrom-based residence for an emissary and their staff. Today, this expansive home with scenic terraces is privately owned and seeks a caretaker—perhaps you—until an emissary of the Three needs it again.
    This home will be available to purchase for 1,300,000 gold upon completion of the “Necrom Grand Adventurer” achievement.

Another home purchasable for gold for the covenant Pact (Edited my mistake there). Nice for all dunmer fans out there. Having a hard time being happy about it in regards to my post, tho.
    Edited by NoticeMeArkay on April 17, 2023 9:28PM
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Emissary's Enclave marks the 3rd dunmer themed player home that came with a DLC and is purchasable with gold after the player unlocked an achievement. 3 homes for a single race.

Meanwhile the Fair Winds is the 7th covenant themed home that came with a dlc and costs crowns instead.
    Nine years. It's been nine years and none of the covenant races got rewarded for playing the game all that time by offering them an achievable home with a DLC regarding one of the 3 races (Bretons, Orcs, Redguards).
    High Isle didn't, which contains two player houses. Wrothgar didn't, which also contains two player houses and Thieves Landing doesn't either, even tho it got two player houses added later on but both of them ALSO cost crowns instead.

This trend is hella tiresome!
    Edited by NoticeMeArkay on June 28, 2023 8:17AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strictly speaking, the Exorcised Coven in Glenumbra is probably Breton "architecture". :)

Seriously, a full list of housing, with indicators as to which are Crown-Store-only, is at

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

I agree that High Isle is a conspicuous omission.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strictly speaking, the Exorcised Coven in Glenumbra is probably Breton "architecture". :)

Seriously, a full list of housing, with indicators as to which are Crown-Store-only, is at

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

I agree that High Isle is a conspicuous omission.

As adorable as the Coven Cottage is, it consists of base game materials and got released in addition to the witches festival. Which is a holiday, not a DLC.

I used the wiki page in order to collect all information necessary for my post. Which is about achievable houses released in addition to race-themed DLCS.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Please, no littering in the comment section. Thank you.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 30, 2023 2:18PM
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Please, no littering in the comment section. Thank you.

Take it as a particularly succinct agreement.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 30, 2023 2:18PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is such a specific complaint.