The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[PLEASE] Increase slot number of special category for each house

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently the number of special items (house guests, mount, etc) that can be placed inside a house is limited to 10. This is far too little with the new opportunity to place house guests. It should be increased to 15 I think. Please increase the number of available slots.
Edited by AnduinTryggva on January 11, 2023 7:09AM
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    This has been asked for a lot, myself included, and ill add +1 yet again.

With the ongoing additions of companions, house-guests, and assistants (banker, merchant, stolen loot merchant, armorer, disassembler, etc), you cannot place them all into a home, you need to rotate or use multiple houses. That's not even mentioning pets and mounts for those wanting a zoo or stable build or whatnot.

I have passed on numerous crown store sales because while i have interest, i cant place them out (i am a 1 house person, Pantherfang), and with each of the last expansions there's more companions, I've passed my limit some time ago.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. I've gotten to the point that I see no need to acquire more non-combat pets. You can only use one out in the wild (and I tend to get attached to certain ones), and with all the things they keep putting in this category it's becoming impossible to set them out in a home for ambience.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, a big resounding yes.

So many houseguests and very little room for them, not to mention mounts and pets.

There shouldn't even be a limit. If I want to fill an apartment with houseguests wandering around in a circle so be it lol.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there must be a limit, it would be great if some of these could be switched out, like maximum number of guests for special items, or whatever is comparable.
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    Or make houseguests, pets, mounts and assistants each separate categories with their own limits.

and also would love it if music boxes weren't lumped into "traditional furnishings" while we are at it. I would love to have a bunch of them in different areas of my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto to set different moods but can't because....700 furnishings only.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.