The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thieves' Oasis Chandeliers Too Low

IgnisDrakkon
IgnisDrakkon
✭✭✭
I bought the furnished version of Thieves' Oasis. There are around 4 redguard chandeliers in the two buildings. Now for those that may not be aware, it's been a problem since day one where chandelier chains are too long and poke through to the second floor in most houses. So in the Oasis, to prevent the chains from poking through the second floor, ZOS actually lowered the chandeliers to the point where they are the same height as my character. It looks silly having chandeliers at waist level and they actually block movement. ZOS needs to release shorter chain versions of the chandeliers as it is a problem in most housing with second or third floors. You cannot use most chandeliers in the floor below as the chain will poke through the floor and actually block movement. Not to mention it is very unsightly. Another example is Highhallow Hold, where trying to put chandeliers on the ground floor will most certainly result in chains poking through to the floor above and the only way to keep that from happening is to lower the chandeliers where they almost touch the floor lol. Similar problems exist for most houses with more than one floor. ZOS please fix this!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the chandeliers in the Thieves’ Oasis really don’t look right hanging so low! Either another model with a shorter chain was needed, or a different type of light should have been used, such as the various Redguard Lanterns.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think for other buildings we need this long chain. My suggestion is you move these chandeliers to a place where the chain goes thru a column or wall on the upper floor so you can hide it there. You can also remove them entirely and replace it with some other light source to be bought at guild stores.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think for other buildings we need this long chain. My suggestion is you move these chandeliers to a place where the chain goes thru a column or wall on the upper floor so you can hide it there. You can also remove them entirely and replace it with some other light source to be bought at guild stores.

For sure the long chains are needed in other buildings! And aren’t chandeliers such as these more suitable for higher ceilings? ZOS could make additional lighting fixtures — or chandeliers with adjustable chain lengths perhaps? I still think those chandeliers wouldn’t look right in the Thieves Oasis even with shorter chain length and that lanterns, sconces, and braziers would have been a better choice, but certainly big low-hanging chandeliers are about the worst option!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For sure the long chains are needed in other buildings! And aren’t chandeliers such as these more suitable for higher ceilings? ZOS could make additional lighting fixtures — or chandeliers with adjustable chain lengths perhaps? I still think those chandeliers wouldn’t look right in the Thieves Oasis even with shorter chain length and that lanterns, sconces, and braziers would have been a better choice, but certainly big low-hanging chandeliers are about the worst option!

It would be cool if you could anchor the chandelier chain to the ceiling using the housing editor and then just pull the bottom part down to wherever you want it. The chain would then auto-lengthen to whatever you need.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭

I own almost all the houses in the game, and have all the largest ones ever released. Keeping chains long only benefits a handful of the larger homes I own. Houses with multiple floors and lower ceilings will benefit from shorter chain variants of the current chandeliers. A short chain redguard chandelier will work in the Thieves Oasis. In fact they look great on the second floor, because the chains don't extend to outside the buildings (they are instanced) so they are placed at the appropriate height close to the ceiling. It is the devs that put the redguard chandeliers in the Oasis, not me, so you can see their intention. Also looking for pillars and columns to hide the chains is a very poor solution, and frankly insulting for those that spend crowns or crafting mats for the chandeliers. I would rather have short and long chain versions of the chandeliers as the solution to this problem.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to get adjustable chandelier chains.
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to get adjustable chandelier chains.

Agree.... if this is technically possible it would be great to see adjustable chandelier chains! Might be harder to implement that long/short variants of existing chandeliers, but having them adjustable would be sweet.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far do the chains stick through the floor above? Could the excess chain possibly be hidden in a furnishing or plant?
    PCNA