The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

About time to drop the Combat Preview for U37 already

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please just drop the U37 Combat Preview asap so we can both be prepared in what to expect and give early feedback a decent amount of time before the next PTS, which should be by the end of the month if they stick to the regular schedule. U35/Lost Depths was the biggest trainwreck combat-wise, up there with Morrowind, Murkmire, and Scalebreaker. U36 was also lackluster for any buffs towards the struggling classes, like sorc in general and magcros.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll surprise me, but I wouldn't expect much until the Global Reveal, since that'll also add more details to what content they are bringing this year.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 9, 2023 6:29PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please just drop the U37 Combat Preview asap so we can both be prepared in what to expect and give early feedback a decent amount of time before the next PTS, which should be by the end of the month if they stick to the regular schedule. U35/Lost Depths was the biggest trainwreck combat-wise, up there with Morrowind, Murkmire, and Scalebreaker. U36 was also lackluster for any buffs towards the struggling classes, like sorc in general and magcros.

I admire your optimism about that having any result.

• kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking there are only be minor changes in Q1 and Q2. Q3 is likely where the big changes will be. I could be wrong but especially for Q2 I think they would avoid making big changes.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

I admire your optimism about that having any result.

Here's some serious optimism to admire : I am still hopefull for having consuming darkness to be reworked
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will buff Assassin’s Will…
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »

They will add some buff, like:" it will always be a critical strike, when you hit an enemy you heal full life, become invisible, and you can see enemy though wall for 5 second. And finally this skill can not be blocked"

Even with this kind of buff nightblade main pvp player will keep saying " this skill is balanced " 🤣
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't complain if they gave it back Minor Berserk. NBs were once the main DPS meta, both stam and mag, back in the day. That was when minor berserk was 10% damage done, and NBs were waaaaaay stronger than the other classes. Now that most of the classes are more even, and there's more sources of Minor Berserk, NBs can have it back.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One certainty in every combat preview or pts patch are nb buffs

Rest of the game revolves around that
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »

They will add some buff, like:" it will always be a critical strike, when you hit an enemy you heal full life, become invisible, and you can see enemy though wall for 5 second. And finally this skill can not be blocked"

Even with this kind of buff nightblade main pvp player will keep saying " this skill is balanced " 🤣
    Assassins will is over rated. The idea you're ever going to have it available when you need it is a joke. I've never hit anybody in PvP with Assassins will. It's pretty much a wasted skill slot. Not even worth having on your bar without the minor berserk it used to have.

I would rather they changed it to an instant cast ranged spammable. Just nerf the damage so it can't 1 shot people.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on January 14, 2023 9:11PM
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »

Assassins will is over rated. The idea you're ever going to have it available when you need it is a joke. I've never hit anybody in PvP with Assassins will. It's pretty much a wasted skill slot. Not even worth having on your bar without the minor berserk it used to have.

I would rather they changed it to an instant cast ranged spammable. Just nerf the damage so it can't 1 shot people.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/625311/65-kills-in-a-single-1vx-hybrid-nightblade#latest

One exemple. You can be hit by 27k assassin's will with vamp stage3, 30k resistance and 3k crit resistance.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ligh attack until it's ready, then ultimate+ assassin's will and you Will kill almost everyone with the proper build
  • Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the point to where when I see "update xx" in ESO I want to run and hide. I've never dreaded updates before, but whenever they change something IT'S ALWAYS NEGATIVE and makes things worse than before.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Chapter brings a huge combat-related feature, I could see them delay the combat update until then and only have minor adjustments in U37.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    If the Chapter brings a huge combat-related feature, I could see them delay the combat update until then and only have minor adjustments in U37.

Honestly, a big combat feature in U38 would be a reason NOT to delay other big changes until then, because then we run into the problem that happens all too often where it becomes difficult to judge changes since everything changes at once. I'd rather have big changes in U37 that then have time to be felt out by the playerbase, followed by smaller adjustments along with the "big addition" of U38.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 20, 2023 8:03PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're killing me here.
    PC NA
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they can un-neuter Templar’s. Revert that god awful jabs animation and for the love of all please make jabs do more damage as a spammable than blazing spear a ground targeted dot ability lol. Thank you.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

You're killing me here.

I'm sure he would with a buffed assassin's will lol
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any word on this? I assume the PTS for update 37 is going to be next Monday or the following Monday if I assume all is correct.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should get PTS patch notes for update 37 in next week.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @WuffyCerulei No updates to share yet. Though as always, we will update here on the forums when the combat preview is ready to share.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post