The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Suggestion - Don't pick Aldmeri Dominion

kijima
kijima
✭✭✭✭✭
No seriously, don't.

Way too many people, you want fast go have a look over at the Daggerfall Covenant, seriously!

Discuss.
Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
Kijima - AD DK Derps
Annure - AD NB Derps
Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• SigneGT
    SigneGT
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but i'm pretty sure there are a lot of people everywhere. Mmo launch is always like that i think. It'll cool down eventually.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was referring to a direct comparison between the two. Plenty less people running around DC compared to AD.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    I'm picking the AD because out of all the factions i tried it had by far the more interesting content, the quests and characters were better written and the zones better designed.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    For the Queen!
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    I'm picking the AD because out of all the factions i tried it had by far the more interesting content, the quests and characters were better written and the zones better designed.

This. as much as I loathe the A.D., they had the best faction in all regards (especially Alliance War in beta [Blackwater Blade campaign we literally owned all points within a few days).

And OP, we have 8 character slots, I highly doubt people will focus just on A.D.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure about that.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• albelnoxgm
    albelnoxgm
    Soul Shriven
    Let's see how the factions balance out after the official release. I don't mind playing the "underdog" but DC felt like home the second i rolled there. Regarding the "quality of questing" i agree AD had a few gems but DC doesn't fall much behind.
  • Curecraft
    Curecraft
    Soul Shriven
    I wasn't really into A.D. but that's what my friends are playing, so I guess I'm at least starting over there... we'll see how it goes.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    if your pick is influenced by content: You have to reconsider, because in VR1-10 you will level in the other fraction content areas...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the starter island for mats and chests. That's a good tip for every alliance. There are fewer people there.

Edit: I mean the islands that used to be the starter ones before it was changed on the last beta.
    Edited by Abeille on March 31, 2014 10:20PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started on the dominion and plan to keep it as my main faction, simply because I always play khajiit as my main es characters and I dont feel right playing a race that doesnt belong to the faction (even though I'm able to).

I do have alt characters on the other two factions though.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I'm playing AD to, which you might find weird being the OP, but it's just that by comparison, there are far less players in the others playing at any given time, at least this is my experience and I found it (and I hate this word) nice!

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Ohnoes, I hoped Ebonheart would be overrun due to the Nord/Skyrim factor and I could comfortably choose Aldmeri.

Maybe it´s just a pre-order trend. Perhaps everybody from beta wants to try something else after doing Ebonheart the whole time?
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    No problem. I hate elves !

Ebonheart Pact FTW.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorak wrote: »

Ebonheart Pact FTW.

Better let the Dunmer know that they are not elves then xD
    Just kidding.

Anyway, things will even out eventually.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Zorak wrote: »
    Two words: Kate Beckinsale B)

For the Queen!

“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry been a Bosmer since Morrowind.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm picking all three. I've got EIGHT character slots to fill, for pete's sake!
  • Tamisan
    Tamisan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got guilds in AD, DC, and EP. But I prefer EP. Most of the folks I talked to during beta preferred DC, but now it seems AD is the flavor of the week.
    I know now what I was born to do.
    ―Martin Septim
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just a ploy to get you all out of AD so I can have it all to myself. :#

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• sgoff2006
    sgoff2006
    Soul Shriven
    I am also playing AD! mainly because I played the other two during betas and was just curious to see how A.D compared. Honestly, I like it a lot more, the starter area seems way easier to navigate through and stay around things your level.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    AD and EP most crowded. DC quests so far have been pretty amazing for me though! (probably gonna stick with 1 character, keep the EP and AD content fresh for my Altmer Templar :)!
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get past the first 2 areas of AD in Beta.

I made it to Morrowind with another character in the EP. It was somewhat humdum lack-luster until then. But, Morrowind itself was awesome.

I'm rolling DC during live. I planned it that way, though. I have no particular allegiance to any of the factions, but once you hit Daggerfall proper... the argument that "the content in AD is much better" just doesn't hold any weight. While the starting zones might be subjectively better, or better laid out... you spend like 5 hours in them - 2 or 3 if you speed through it and know what you're doing. The rest of the game opens up after that, and I would say that they're all evenly matched as far as content is concerned.

Play what you want, I say... but I think it's interesting how all of these beginner players had the ability to choose and race and any faction, and they CHOSE Aldmeri Dominion.

My initial prescription for this still stands. I think once the game properly launches... we will definitely see AD skyrocket, because people will want to play the attractive elf race and the cats.

I personally think DC is in for a bad trip on this. It has the most boring races to play. For instance, historically, people just don't play Orcs. And playing a "human" can still be accomplished with Nord, which because of Skyrim... will be the "go-to" human choice. Breton and Redguard have just never been extremely popular. Also, DC has the falsely, but well known stygma of having "the most boring content" in the starter areas.

DC just doesn't have very many interesting race choices when compared to the exotic choices of the others.
    Edited by Raice on April 1, 2014 1:47PM
  • albelnoxgm
    albelnoxgm
    Soul Shriven
    Raice wrote: »
    DC just doesn't have very many interesting race choices when compared to the exotic choices of the others.

I agree, although i'm playing Imperial but that's besides the point. The content however is no less boring compared to the other 2 factions. Cats, elves and Nords will be always popular.