Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips for Shada's Tear

Stanx
Stanx
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've recently been going around completing the zone guides and haven't had any trouble up until this point. I've managed to clear all of EP, DC and all DLC zones solo. I'm now on Craglorn and have managed to clear all world bosses and group delves / dungeons apart from Shada's Tear. This boss is just impossible for me to beat, I spent an hour trying to do it yesterday. I tried using a long-range interrupt on the mages, DPS-ing them down etc. but I just can't keep up and I get destroyed by those mages every time. I also steer clear of the water and stay on an island throughout.

Craglorn is pretty quiet (xbox EU) so grouping is pretty difficult and I haven't managed to find anyone to run it with. I play a mag sorc with about 19k HP but have been bumping this up to about 28k with better resistances, running boundless storm and twilight matriach etc. to try and help but so far haven't had any luck.

Am I missing a mechanic here or am I simply going to have to accept I lack the skill until I can find a group? Driving me nuts having on thing un-completed on the zone guide!

Thanks for any help.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only character I was able to solo it on was a magplar. And it was not easy. I found this on Reddit and it worked:
    Run to her with your ulti charged and use it, that should drop her to about 50%, she then spawns the shield. Take your time killing the ads, don't stand in the water and position yourself on one of those pedestals. She summons mages, kill one asap, stand so that you can see the other three. When they fire you can avoid them all with a single dodge roll. Rush another one and repeat. Major Expedition helps. If shield is down use ulti again, if not, drop it and use ulti again. Done. In case she summons a second set of mages, repeat the whole process, not worth it dropping her to 1% and getting shot in the back

Since you are running a magsorc, Streak would be a useful skill
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only character I was able to solo it on was a magplar. And it was not easy. I found this on Reddit and it worked:
    Run to her with your ulti charged and use it, that should drop her to about 50%, she then spawns the shield. Take your time killing the ads, don't stand in the water and position yourself on one of those pedestals. She summons mages, kill one asap, stand so that you can see the other three. When they fire you can avoid them all with a single dodge roll. Rush another one and repeat. Major Expedition helps. If shield is down use ulti again, if not, drop it and use ulti again. Done. In case she summons a second set of mages, repeat the whole process, not worth it dropping her to 1% and getting shot in the back

Since you are running a magsorc, Streak would be a useful skill

Thanks for the reply I will definitely give that a try and report back!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found being able to move fast, like teleport leap etc helped.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dodging, ranged interrupts, and other stuff like defensive posture (which can reflect those projectiles and make 1 of them 1 shot themselves), or stuff like the DK wings to reduce the ranged dmg or magma shell/corrosive armor to straight tank it

be thankful this dungeon is easier now, this used to be extremely difficult way back in the day when craglorn first released lol (way back in the day i tanked these guys by using the old DK wings which reflected all projectiles for a few seconds lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014