The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

how do I tell which dungeons I have access to?

ReachDaBeach
I have had a few in my level rewards and didn't really take note of which ones, figuring it would be easy to find if i wanted to try one. But I can't seem to find where it is listed.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you open the dungeon finder, you should see which ones in a list on the right, that are available to you- if any. There is a drop-down tab to select random, or specific dungeons.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • ReachDaBeach
    where do I open the dungeon finder?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    where do I open the dungeon finder?
    • I don't know what platform you're using (PC, Mac, etc.) but first open the main menu
    • display the keybindings page
    • check what key/button is bound to "Group and Activity Finder"
    • exit the main menu, and when back in the game use that key to show the Group and Activity Finder
    • in the Group and Activity Finder, there is a Dungeon Finder
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the console you go to the main menu and select Activities. You'll see dungeons as one of the options. Click on it and then click on random or specific it doesn't matter both will show you the list.

PS5/NA
  • ReachDaBeach
    Thanks. I queued up and did a couple. In one party I was in the fray slaying my share, maybe more. Healing was dicey and I did have to use a tri-pot at one point. In the other one I was obviously the junior member, trying to keep up while others raced ahead and wiped out nearly everything before I got there except the final boss took enough time that I was able to participate more fully. I enjoyed the first one more. I like the queuing; the first time I had all my available dungeons checked and the second time I unchecked the one I did first.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I queued up and did a couple. In one party I was in the fray slaying my share, maybe more. Healing was dicey and I did have to use a tri-pot at one point. In the other one I was obviously the junior member, trying to keep up while others raced ahead and wiped out nearly everything before I got there except the final boss took enough time that I was able to participate more fully. I enjoyed the first one more. I like the queuing; the first time I had all my available dungeons checked and the second time I unchecked the one I did first.

There are "random dungeon rewards" which put you in a random dungeon and give you a big XP reward and an email full of gear upon completion. In the second instance, you likely got group members who had queued for a random. These are mostly experienced players who want to zip through dungeon as fast as possible to get reward. If you preferred first experience, you may want to consider looking for a guild that does casual PvE group content. You are more likely to find players interested in doing content at a more measured pace, especially for a newcomer.
  • ReachDaBeach
    I saw the random option and thought about doing that. I assume it would have limited me to the ones that were open to me.

I have seen the more experienced players flying around in a pack before when I did a little bit of grinding to get the next level rewards before starting the next quest. I was on the little zombie loop in Greenshade and there were a pack of players running around and wiping them out . That was annoying; they had no qualms about taking out ones I was actively engaged with.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if healing was dicey you were probably in a dungeon with a fake healer (someone who queues as a healer without actually being one for a shorter queue time). Sorry about that, it is a game-wide problem. The other thing with the group of experienced players running ahead (often dragging a mob behind them), speed-runners higher-level players who run in normal dungeons doing them as fast as possible for the rewards alone with no interest in the content. Again it's a game-wide problem. I don't like either one, but unfortunately, they are endemic.
    PS5/NA
  • ReachDaBeach
    Yeah, if healing was dicey you were probably in a dungeon with a fake healer (someone who queues as a healer without actually being one for a shorter queue time). Sorry about that, it is a game-wide problem. The other thing with the group of experienced players running ahead (often dragging a mob behind them), speed-runners higher-level players who run in normal dungeons doing them as fast as possible for the rewards alone with no interest in the content. Again it's a game-wide problem. I don't like either one, but unfortunately, they are endemic.

Yeah, I fell even further behind at one point when the high speed players left some unfinished business in an open area. Only 2 or 3 mobs, but they had chased the other players to the point where it narrowed back into a tighter tunnel and I couldn't just run around them.

The generated audio asking for healing did come on a lot in that first group. I didn't get a choice; it assigns me as damage and the choices were disabled. I am a high elf templar and wasn't smart enough to look into how to distribute points and have them pretty even, so if It uses an algorithm, I probably don't qualify for tank or healer. I put a projectile that uses magica in my hot bar to sort of address that problem. I am only at lv 21, so I will also address that through a different distribution going forward. I want to do damage and will start stacking stamina.
  • ReachDaBeach
    and it happened again tonight, though in the first run, it may have been the healer that dropped out. so 3 of us ran it and it appeared that we were all pretty new to it. We made it and it was exciting, so I can't complain too much. The other time there were 2 people that blazed and left straggler mobs, then me and then someone behind me that I think was even less skilled than me. But I am a lv 24 now and got better leggings, weapons, a ring, gold and whatnot.